Is the iPhone 5s still worth buying?

quickinstinct

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
What didn't you like about the 4s?

Sent from 3 f IV ��

Too narrow sideways for comfortable typing. And when I had it in mid 2012 the iOS lacked many many of the features the iOS now has. I think back when I had it we were on iOS 4, maybe early 5. There was no app switching, the keyboard felt cramped, just a bunch of features I wanted and saw as common sense weren't there yet for my needs and uses. But the 5s and iOS7 seem to have caught up and really work out to an impressive and relatively solid mobile experience for my needs now.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Too narrow sideways for comfortable typing. And when I had it in mid 2012 the iOS lacked many many of the features the iOS now has. I think back when I had it we were on iOS 4, maybe early 5. There was no app switching, the keyboard felt cramped, just a bunch of features I wanted and saw as common sense weren't there yet for my needs and uses. But the 5s and iOS7 seem to have caught up and really work out to an impressive and relatively solid mobile experience for my needs now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the keyboard size exactly the same as it has always been, even in landscape mode? And I thought that the app switcher came with the iPhone 4. Again I could be wrong. And I don't want to sound contrary.

http://youtu.be/DxcJevPVvQQ

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the galaxy s3 a few months ago I say definitely so! I love mine and really don't have any complaints/regrets switching back at all

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. The great thing about Apple hardware is you are going to be supported well beyond the 2 year contract you'd sign with a carrier. The 5S is a beast. You'll be in great shape buying one today.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. The great thing about Apple hardware is you are going to be supported well beyond the 2 year contract you'd sign with a carrier. The 5S is a beast. You'll be in great shape buying one today.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Definitely agree with this. My secretary has the 4S and still loves it. The phone looks and performs flawlessly.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
If I was you, I'd wait a little for the 6 and see how it's like.. But still, the 5S is still definitely worth buying because you know you'll get all the support for 2 years or even more! Unless you're the kind of person who just wants to have 'the latest stuff'.. Haha!

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Go for it. I recently switched carriers, so I had a real need to purchase a new phone. Could have gone for the Nexus 5 I had been craving, or even a Galaxy S5. Instead I chose the 5s and I don't regret it.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd say yes. A buddies iPhone 4 just finally bit the dust.. He asked me if he should wait.. I told him he'd be good with the iPhone 5S.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd say yes. A buddies iPhone 4 just finally bit the dust.. He asked me if he should wait.. I told him he'd be good with the iPhone 5S.

Good advice. He can always sell the 5s if he decides he wants whatever Apple releases next.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Good advice. He can always sell the 5s if he decides he wants whatever Apple releases next.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Yep. He's excited and enjoying it. He is also happy he gets LTE now as well haha :p.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW