4.5 would be perfect screen size if they made as compact as the moto x but slightly less wide.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    04-06-2014 01:54 AM
    before I got an iPad Mini, I would have said 4.5 - 5 since I would still be gaming and video watching on it, but the iPad has kinda become my complete media consumption device while the iPhone is doing all my actual Phone stuff. So as of right now, the 4 inches on the current phones are perfect for what I want.
    viewfly and nj1266 like this.
    04-06-2014 02:01 AM
    3.5 arse pocket size.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-06-2014 12:44 PM
    5 in screen would be great. Then I could possibly ease my addiction of buying both the latest and greatest iPhone and iPad, and only have to have the latest and greatest iPhone. My only issue with the iPhone is the small screen real estate.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    04-06-2014 06:35 PM
    5 in screen would be great. Then I could possibly ease my addiction of buying both the latest and greatest iPhone and iPad, and only have to have the latest and greatest iPhone. My only issue with the iPhone is the small screen real estate.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    ...and Apple knows this. I think they like you buying both, really.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫️
    thatotherdude24 likes this.
    04-06-2014 06:45 PM
    I swapped my Iphone 5 for a Note 2 this saturday due to screen size. I don't necessarily need it this big but with getting older having a bigger screen means a lot to me right now. And I'm trying to put off on getting bifocals as it is.
    When I'm at work I use my phone for reading news and watching sporting events.
    If Apple could offer something in the 5" range it would be great and I have an upgrade available November 1st. If not then I would probably stay with the next gen of the Note as much as I would like to return to Apple.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-07-2014 06:57 PM
    If Apple did a 4.7 and a 4 they'd be golden.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    04-07-2014 07:00 PM
    ...and Apple knows this. I think they like you buying both, really.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫️
    Agreed. They won't release a iPhone that eats ipad sales.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    04-07-2014 07:01 PM
    It doesn't matter to me at all. I want a pocket friendly phone to make calls/sms/email/chat. I use iPad when viewing media contents that's why I don't need larger phones at all.
    Haalcyon likes this.
    04-08-2014 07:36 PM
    Internal documents from the second ongoing trial between Apple and Samsung also indicate that Apple is poised to release a larger phone, as a slide deck from an April 2013 presentation showed that customers want less expensive and most notably, larger screen smartphones.
    At the very least, the debate on larger screens should be over. Even Apple has concluded this is what people want. There's always exceptions though. I'm fine with the current size. I was fine with the 3.5" size as well. But if you want the current (or most premium) specs, you buy what's offered. This will likely be the case again. In other words, I'll want the most premium iphone. If there's two models and ALL specs are the same...processor, battery life, ram, color gamut, resolution, etc. But that's what it comes down to. We know they won't all be the same. I've a feeling I'd get the largest one though.
    04-09-2014 06:58 AM
    If they release a 5" and 5.5" I'd go for both. If they release a 4.7"-4.8" and 5.5" I'd go for both. If they stick to strictly 4" I'll get a different phone. After owning a Note 2, Galaxy S3 and Note 3, I've come to the conclusion I'm not as much of a fan of Android as I am of iOS but I really like having a big screen.

I will also get a different phone if they release the bigger phones without a retina display. Apple did that with the iPad mini so I'm kind of expecting it to happen with these huge phones as well.
    04-11-2014 01:59 AM
    If they release a 5" and 5.5" I'd go for both. If they release a 4.7"-4.8" and 5.5" I'd go for both. If they stick to strictly 4" I'll get a different phone. After owning a Note 2, Galaxy S3 and Note 3, I've come to the conclusion I'm not as much of a fan of Android as I am of iOS but I really like having a big screen.

I will also get a different phone if they release the bigger phones without a retina display. Apple did that with the iPad mini so I'm kind of expecting it to happen with these huge phones as well.
    Interested to see what plays out now that Samsung laid out the s5 with the water and dust protection and other things

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-11-2014 04:25 AM
    I'd go for 4.5" and nothing bigger than that. I don't want to be carrying a mass in my pocket and using the phone single-handedly is essential for me.
    04-12-2014 10:35 PM
    5.5" for me. I have a note 3, and I absolutely love it. I just can't stop using my 5s either. I have no issues with the size of the note 3 in my pocket or using it one handed. I think size should be determined by the end user, and producing two or three sizes is the best option. I also do not think increasing the size is innovative. So I expect something else other than size to make the phone amazing. Maybe an Intel SOC! This way we can have amazing battery life and performance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    04-13-2014 05:42 AM
    An iPhone with a 4.7 inch screen would be the perfect size to go with my iPad Mini with LTE.

05-12-2014 09:28 AM
    Truely i think they should keep 5s size format and start producing defferent sizes even smaller ones , iphone quality and designe just too hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    kataran likes this.
    05-17-2014 04:30 AM
    For me I need at least a 5 inch to 5.5 inch screen. I gave up on the current crop of iPhones due to the limited screen size.
    05-18-2014 08:49 AM
    4.7 to 5.5". Sounds good to me. I have big hands though, I view the note series as a one handed phone.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-22-2014 09:24 PM
    4" is perfect. Big enough for most things but small enough for one handed use without having to hold the phone in an awkward position to get to the top left corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 11:48 AM
    4.3 if they have to make it bigger. I don't want a phone I cant comfortably carry around.

06-12-2014 02:42 AM
    4.7 to 5.5". Sounds good to me. I have big hands though, I view the note series as a one handed phone.

I had a note 2 for a while. It's was fun and great to use for most things, but even with big hands it got awkward for me to hold when I used it on phone calls. 4.5 to 4.8 inches or so would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-12-2014 03:43 AM
    I like the size of my screen as it is I seem to be in the minority haha

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    kataran and anon4757448 like this.
    06-13-2014 05:59 PM
    4.7". I wouldn't want any screen bigger than that. Feels too weird in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-14-2014 09:05 PM
    5.5. The bigger the better

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-14-2014 10:07 PM
    After thinking about this for quite some time & at one point last year almost getting the Note 2....I've come to the conclusion that either a 4.5" would be the sweet spot for me. Even though I'm getting older and needing reading glasses here & there for focus, I've "grown" to really love and enjoy the iPhone 5C for the size it is. Anything bigger would make it difficult for me to hold really, I'm a petite person.

A 5" screen would be nice to read without wearing reading glasses, but just using my sons S4 a handful (no pun intended lol) of times, it would be too big for me to hold & use on a daily basis I think. I guess if that's the direction Apple went in, I suppose after using a device that size I would adjust after a while...

A bit off topic...but yesterday while out shopping I saw someone with a Note 3....and jeez that thing is a bohemian LOL !! I thought he was carrying a tablet at first till it rang and he answered it lol. Sorry, just had to share that !!

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀
    AlexJ92 and serglb like this.
    06-15-2014 08:44 AM
75 123