In order to make sure that your iPhone does not get abused or used by anyone else if you lose it and someone finds it, What are the steps you should take in order to make sure that nothing happens to it and it cannot be used?
    03-27-2014 09:11 AM
    The most important step to take is BEFORE you lose it. Turn on Find My iPhone.
    taz323 and pr1nce like this.
    03-27-2014 09:15 AM
    Turn on find my iPhone
    Password protect - fingerprint sensor
    03-27-2014 09:39 AM
    Hopefully, you already have Find My iPhone on. Check where your phone is at. If you can't find it notify carrier.
    03-27-2014 09:58 AM
    The best step IMO is not to lose your phone at all and be extremely careful...
    03-27-2014 10:32 AM
    The best step IMO is not to lose your phone at all and be extremely careful...
    I'm sure that's how everyone feels but accidents and theft do occur. =[

Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk
    03-27-2014 12:54 PM
    I'm sure that's how everyone feels but accidents and theft do occur. =[

It's true, but I generally am super careful with my devices and such things are almost always due to negligence of my part. If it's because of external factors, well I think that's just life...
    03-27-2014 12:56 PM
    It's true, but I generally am super careful with my devices and such things are almost always due to negligence of my part. If it's because of external factors, well I think that's just life...
    I've (Thankfully) never had a device stolen. I don't think I've lost one either. However, my friend got hers stolen. They knocked her down and pulled it out of her hand...

03-27-2014 01:06 PM
    I've (Thankfully) never had a device stolen. I don't think I've lost one either. However, my friend got hers stolen. They knocked her down and pulled it out of her hand...

That is rough, and I think not the most common of occurrences...
    03-27-2014 01:16 PM
    Thank you for the answers and participating to help others. Many don't know about having Find My Phone Turned ON.
    03-27-2014 02:15 PM
    In order to make sure that your iPhone does not get abused or used by anyone else if you lose it and someone finds it, What are the steps you should take in order to make sure that nothing happens to it and it cannot be used?
    1. When you initially get an i-Device, create an iCloud account and enable the Find My iPhone/iPad feature.
    2. Edit your lock screen wallpaper to display contact information in case the device is lost and found.
    3. Of course, search for it, especially the last place you saw it.
    4. If it's an iPhone, try calling it from a different phone.
    5. If you have the Find My iPhone/iPad feature enabled already, logon to the iCloud website via a computer, select the Find my iPhone feature and attempt to locate the device.
    6. If at a restaurant, store or other place of business, notify the manager, contact its Customer Service department and/or Lost & Found section.
    7. Notify police and report the device lost or stolen. Make sure you have the serial and IMEI number handy, if possible.
    8. Notify your wireless carrier of the device's lost/stolen status and have them suspend activity on it.
    9. Pray for its return...
    10. Retrace your steps a second or third time.
    kataran likes this.
    03-27-2014 07:19 PM
    That is rough, and I think not the most common of occurrences...
    Sadly it's becoming a major occurrence in other countries where cellphones are a premium

Even here in America where a stolen cellphone will net a thief more then they might get out of your wallet and in some cases the police might not take your stolen phone as a top priority over say a pocketbook

The latter is my opinion only

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    03-28-2014 12:19 AM
    Sadly it's becoming a major occurrence in other countries where cellphones are a premium

Even here in America where a stolen cellphone will net a thief more then they might get out of your wallet and in some cases the police might not take your stolen phone as a top priority over say a pocketbook

The latter is my opinion only

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    Well, it makes a lot of sense now that you put it this way. Maybe it's far safer here in Singapore.
    03-28-2014 12:21 AM