If there was ONE piece of advice you could give to someone who has never owned an iPhone but was seriously considering buying one, what would it be? As for me, I'd tell that person to not expect it to be like the device he or she currently owns. What about you?
    03-19-2014 05:17 PM
    I'd tell 'em not to believe things they read about Apple/iPhones from tech press that primarily caters to other platforms.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-19-2014 05:23 PM
    You can't bypass the iCloud Activation Lock, so be sure to note your login information.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-19-2014 05:28 PM
    I would tell him about the simplicity of it and get ready to be hooked on Apple products.
    Just_Me_D and Megan Blok like this.
    03-19-2014 05:28 PM
    My advice would be to buy it if THEY THEMSELVES want it...and not just because a dozen other people they know have one. Try these devices out, see if you can spend a few hours with one of them (maybe if a friend would let you just play with it for a while to see if you liked it), and make a decision based on what YOU want, not what other people clamor on and on about.

I'd also stress to them that one of the big draws on Apple products is it's near seamless integration with the rest of the Apple ecosystem...so if they have a bunch of Windows and Android stuff already, they're already a step back from where the iPhone really shines.
    kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    03-19-2014 05:34 PM
    My advice would be to buy it if THEY THEMSELVES want it...and not just because a dozen other people they know have one. Try these devices out, see if you can spend a few hours with one of them (maybe if a friend would let you just play with it for a while to see if you liked it), and make a decision based on what YOU want, not what other people clamor on and on about.

I'd also stress to them that one of the big draws on Apple products is it's near seamless integration with the rest of the Apple ecosystem...so if they have a bunch of Windows and Android stuff already, they're already a step back from where the iPhone really shines.
    I have to disagree with that last part. I own a PC and a couple of Android phones. It didn't make any difference for me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-19-2014 06:05 PM
    I have to disagree with that last part. I own a PC and a couple of Android phones. It didn't make any difference for me.
    I think you should read my point again in that last part...to clarify, I said one of the places where the iPhone SHINES is in it's integration with other Apple products (ecosystem)...and that a person who was not invested in said ecosystem would not get to experience said functionality. In my opinion, it is one of the big things that makes the iPhone great, so to me, a person who does not experience said functionality is, indeed, a step behind when it comes to what the device can really do.

This, of course, is not to say that iPhone users would be at a disadvantage with Windows based PC's or Android devices, just that a person who was not within the Apple ecosystem is missing out on one of the major benefits of the iPhone (and any Apple product really).
    piranhadonna likes this.
    03-20-2014 09:58 AM