When I came from a BB that I had to do Battery Pulls all the time - Let's just say i felt liberated and loved it. I have had 3 more now and won't look back. How about you?
    pr1nce and iOS Gravity like this.
    03-14-2014 04:21 PM
    I was excited to go from a dumb phone to a smartphone. I knew I made the right choice when I bought the iPhone 3GS. Four years later, I still love iOS.

This post was made by Tiffany
    03-14-2014 04:41 PM
    My expectations were exceeded.
    Great experience
    Good Luck
    03-14-2014 04:44 PM
    Like everyone since, in awe.
    03-14-2014 04:54 PM
    Like I was going to drop and shatter it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    ame, linsiris, saichick04 and 1 others like this.
    03-14-2014 04:57 PM
    I felt a little leery and a tiny bit guilty. I'd been a huge Android advocate. The blue 5c was beckoning for me to try it. After the initial guilt wore off and I did my first jailbreak, I felt positively elated. So happy in fact I picked up a 5s to play with too!

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.
    03-14-2014 05:04 PM
    i wasn't sure i made the right decision i was pondering a Win 8 phone didn't want Android and BlackBerry was out due to it was on shaky ground

it only took a couple of days when i realized i made one of the best decisions in my life to date

it felt great
    taz323 likes this.
    03-14-2014 05:10 PM
    Elated. I love high quality tech and my iBabies have never disappointed.

4 of IV
    kataran and Haseeb Rehman like this.
    03-14-2014 06:17 PM
    I moved from the SGSII to iphone 4s. The speed of IOS shocked me at first. Now, i can never use Android anymore..

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    Haseeb Rehman, kataran and ki4cgs like this.
    03-14-2014 06:28 PM
    My first iPhone was the original iPhone on launch day. It was like magic. People in bars crowed around wanting to see it.
    It looked like nothing in the wild at that time. People immediately knew it was The iPhone. The multi touch was like nothing In the wild and everyone wanted try it. No need for a pickup line the phone did all the talking. ( without Siri)
    Fast forward to last night when taking out my phone to snap a few pics no one cares. LOL.
    03-14-2014 06:40 PM
    My first iPhone was the original iPhone on launch day. It was like magic. People in bars crowed around wanting to see it.
    It looked like nothing in the wild at that time. People immediately knew it was The iPhone. The multi touch was like nothing In the wild and everyone wanted try it. No need for a pickup line the phone did all the talking. ( without Siri)
    Fast forward to last night when taking out my phone to snap a few pics no one cares. LOL.
    Lol the magic is gone 🍻

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    03-14-2014 06:42 PM
    Kids today. They don't recognize magic when they see it.

2 of IV
    03-14-2014 06:43 PM
    Honestly the iPhone still excites people upon its release like no other phone

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    taz323 and Brad Semenick like this.
    03-14-2014 06:44 PM
    Oh yeah still get hyped about the iPhone same as day one. That's why I drove around the city trying to find a 5s a few days after launch.

That original magic turned to disgust 30 days later when they dropped the price $100 from $599 to $499 I believe. And this is for 8gigs.
    We first adopters hit the Apple boards so hard that they had to shut them down. Steve Jobs posted a public letter and gave us $100 credit at the Apple store.
    03-14-2014 07:07 PM
    I was moving from an HTC EVO to an iPhone 4 so I didn't really get very excited because I love the Sense skin that HTC makes. I was more excited about switching from Sprint to Verizon than about my device.
    03-14-2014 07:16 PM
    I was moving from an HTC EVO to an iPhone 4 so I didn't really get very excited because I love the Sense skin that HTC makes. I was more excited about switching from Sprint to Verizon than about my device.
    Well, you got a carrier AND device upgrade.

2 of IV
    03-14-2014 07:18 PM
    I was hoping to hate it, at that point I still thoroughly hated Apple. But when I held a brand new iPhone 4, it was beautiful. I felt...sophisticated, for lack of a better term. I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-14-2014 10:58 PM
    I was hoping to hate it, at that point I still thoroughly hated Apple. But when I held a brand new iPhone 4, it was beautiful. I felt...sophisticated, for lack of a better term. I loved it.

Wow, it actually MADE you FEEL sophisticated? The RDF Effect was strong on you. /jk :-)

4 of IV
    03-14-2014 11:01 PM
    Wow, it actually MADE you FEEL sophisticated? The RDF Effect was strong on you. /jk :-)

4 of IV
    Indeed it was, the build quality helped in that regard as well.

03-14-2014 11:02 PM
    Indeed it was, the build quality helped in that regard as well.

I love Apple design and build quality. Call me a sheepl, I don't care.

4 of IV
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    03-14-2014 11:03 PM
    I love Apple design and build quality. Call me a sheepl, I don't care.

4 of IV
    Agreed, it kills me that my iPhone 5 is scratched and dinged right now.

03-14-2014 11:04 PM
    Agreed, it kills me that my iPhone 5 is scratched and dinged right now.

That would kill me too. My iBabies are tempered glassed with cases.

4 of IV
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-14-2014 11:05 PM
    After using BlackBerrys for several years and doing battery pulls and tweaking the OS all the time I was excited with how well my iPhone worked and I never had to worry about those crazy battery pulls.
    Spencerdl and taz323 like this.
    03-14-2014 11:39 PM
    Read in it's entirety and you'll get to my point.

So this a tough one for me. Let's put iPhone aside for a second. I've had 14 BlackBerry's from the legacy devices of 7100 - 9930 and then the Z10, Q10, and Z30. For the last 8 years I've carrier 2 phones. One was a BlackBerry on BES from work and the other was another BlackBerry as personal device since there was no iPhone out at the time.

When the original iPhone came out, I rushed out to get it as my new personal device, but even though I lived in a huge city like Philadelphia, I didn't have any service in my house. I'd go out to my car in the morning and like 30 texts and 10 voicemails would come through. So that first experience was pretty poor.

AT&T then came out with their 3G Cell Network Extender so I went back and got the 3GS when it came out and the iPhone now worked great in my house as well as out and about. I loved it and got rid of my personal BBRY.

At the time, BlackBerry remained on course with their legacy devices so I had my work BBRY and my personal iPhone that I jumped to the 4 then 4S then 5.

When BlackBerry 10 came out about a year ago work switched us from our legacy devices to new BlackBerry 10's more specifically the Q10. It's an amazing OS upgrade from original BlackBerry's, and there is no more battery pull. So for about a 6 months I had a work Q10 and iPhone 5.

Then the BlackBerry Z30 came out and I wanted to give it a shot. So I swapped out of my iPhone 5 and got the Z30. It's a beast. I mean, there's nothing you can't do. The UI and HUB are great. It's got a 2880mAh battery that lasts 2 days easy with 200 emails, 300 texts, 150 BBM's. Now with 10.2.1 OS you can download Amazon Store and Snap and download 85% of Android Apps. So I truly believe the Z30 is amazing and battery and apps are no longer an issue.

Here's the deal though, with a battery that size, comes a price. It's got a 5 inch screen and it's still got quite a bit of space around the screen. So the phone was simply just to big for me, especially carrying 2 phones.

Now to present day, I'm back with the iPhone 5s and am still extremely happy with the device. It's nicer looking and more professional looking than my old Z30. My only complaint is as a heavy user I do have to charge during the day, but lucky for me my job entails driving from client to client so it's not really an issue.

I hope you see this as a fair assessment. I think Apple puts out amazing products, but also think BlackBerry is on the right track and deserves mention cause without my Q10 for work I'd be lost.

That said for a personal device, iPhone 5s and whatever comes next is the easy choice.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    Jaguarr40, pr1nce and yungboi like this.
    03-15-2014 12:23 AM
    After using BlackBerrys for several years and doing battery pulls and tweaking the OS all the time I was excited with how well my iPhone worked and I never had to worry about those crazy battery pulls.
    Same here, After many years with Blackberry, I was in awe....A smartphone that "just works"
    taz323 and pr1nce like this.
    03-15-2014 12:23 AM
94 123 ...