How Did You Feel When You Got Your First iPhone?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I felt like I was the MAN ! With the 4s I was in clubs whipping it out trying to put numbers in It lmao then when the girls would call me I would look at myself in the mirror to see what I looked like with the phone on my eAr 😆😆😆😆 vein I was back then

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a gadget freak and two of the first 'smart' phones I had were the 02 XDA, which I still have to this day, and Nokia 9000.

Prior to that, I had paired my HP IPAQ with my Sony Ericsson phone for all internet based functions, such as they were at the time.

I picked up the first iPhone in 2007 and it was a breath of fresh air for me. It totally revolutionised how I used and carried my phone. I've had the 3, the 3GS, the 4 and the 5 after that and have not looked back since. I've had an iPhone as my personal phone in my stable of phones since the very beginning, although i've always had a secondary phone for work to go with it. It's why I feel so naked having broken my iPhone 5 recently. I cant afford another one currently and my insurance company are insisting we go down the attempted repair route first (not a chance that will work).

I love just having an iPhone that I can rely on that 'just works' and I don't have to worry if the thing is going to crash on me or throw up some incompatibility errors like Android seem to do on occasion.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I think that was happiest I've ever been in my life getting something material. In March 2008, I decided I wanted an iPhone. However, with all of the rumors, I knew I had to wait until the iPhone was announced in June, I believe. The iPhone 3G come out in mid-July.

I live Oahu and I drove all the way to the west side if the island looking for an iPhone 3G at AT&T. I knew the Apple Stores would be my last resort. Pretty much all of the AT&T stores sold out within a few hours. I decided not to go to Ala Moana Center because social media told me that the line there was a constant 200+. Decided to take my chances at Kahala Mall. I was in a fairly short line but I was told I'd be waiting in line and there was no guarantee we'd get one. Thankfully, a shipment that went to Ala Moana was also for the Kahala Mall store. I got the WHITE 16GB iPhone 3G.

The phone I had before that was a Sony Ericsson dumbphone I got because of its Bluetooth capability. Before that I had a free Samsung dumb phone. Those are the only phones I've ever owned. Before that I had phones that were given to me.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was the beautiful smartphone I had ever seen. Fast forward seven years and it is still the most beautiful smartphone I have ever seen.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've owned so many phones from the old Nokia 7110 back in 1999 to currently what I have the Lumia, XPERIA and obviously the iPhone 4S. I was excited to see how it performs compared to the rest, having never owned an iPhone before and to say I was and am impressed with its speed, simplicity and all-in-all, it just works! I'm definitely happy and this will definitely not be my last iPhone ;)

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was just amazed. I started on the iPhone 3g and went to the 4...then went to the dark side :cool:.

But no I really loved it.. Loved the phone and everything. I even then discovered jailbreaking and was always that way from that point on. I never thought I'd try Android but I did and just simply like it better. Nothing bad about iOS at all.. I just like to tinker so Android is good for that.

I still get to dabble in the iPhone world due to friends and helping my parents with theirs. I hope the new one has a bigger screen!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well my first iPhone was the iPhone 3G.. And I liked it as a touch screen and I love how many apps were there.. I didn't really like apple at first and always love using a blackberry.. But I basically went back to iPhone cause of the apps I can download for the device and love it since..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

BERRYNOID

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just got my first iPhone (5s) 2 days ago and Im feeling like in ecstasy!
This is the best phone I ever had (Android user before, htc and samsung) and I dont know why am i only giving apple's a chance now (how dumb)
The stability of the iOS, the design, the performance, everything... this is like a piece of art in my hand.
No more lags like I used to have on android, no more app crashes... I'll stay faithful to apple forever!

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the 3G when it first came out in the UK and was only available on o2. Before that, I'd had a Nokia 3330 for years! It was an amazing transformation and certainly changed the way I used phone.

But I kept forgetting to charge it overnight so at first my battery always ran out at like 1pm lol!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I felt kind of cool, for 10 days then I went back. The iMessage was nice since I get shoddy reception in my house but for the way I use my phone 4" is not enough screen space and I need better inter-app data shuffling.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lost, because it was my first smartphone. I was afraid I would hit something that would send me into oblivion.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My first iPhone was the iPhone 3G and I was amazed because it was the first full touchscreen phone I have used and I was amazed of all the games and the smoothness of the browser and everything when I first had the phone

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was a HTC Inspire 4G. It was actually a pretty great phone, however the battery life for me was pretty bad. So I exchanged it for a iPhone 4, and that phones battery life was pretty amazing. That was I think the main thing that made me really like the iPhone 4, outside of the apps.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My first iPhone was 3GS. Prior to this, I was on BlackBerry Torch 9810 and was tried of it.

My wife surprised me by gifting 3GS and I was super elated. After 3GS, now I am on iPhone 5 and loving every bit of it. My wife is on green 5c

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

dhofary

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi imore members , so happy i did buy my first ever idevice 5s , i always admire the well design along with top notch quality of iphones but i must say what kept me away from apple is their policy with their OS no bluetooth with others ,simplecity that is near foolproof is not exactly what power users looking after and small screen is not an option for ebooks or exensive web surfing . is 5s dimensions enough for me now that i've bought one after many years denying apple surely not enough but since i have note 3 which could easily cover beautifully this demand it's ok so far , 5s for everything else . it's actually more awsome than i thought . almost zero lagging , nice camera (less options to control ) and execellent audio quality. Should apple paln to control the market they just need to widen up their phones selections along with OS . the 5s designers worth a big salute for this little one hand device ,second to none quality the most practical out there awsome.security shouldn't kill to openup more space for power users instead they could have it along with option.so strange such co. Couldn't find the guts needed to control the smartphone market and left the doors open for others like samsung to play their best shots crazy phones selection with real customizable OS.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
After using BlackBerrys for several years and doing battery pulls and tweaking the OS all the time I was excited with how well my iPhone worked and I never had to worry about those crazy battery pulls.

Ah I do remember those battery pulls.

When I got my iphone, I was excited like a kid getting a toy that he wanted for Christmas. I set up my phone and went to go get some lunch, placed my phone on a holder, and as I drove around, the phone gleamed around it's chamfered edge from the sun, I drove around with a face like this:

e2azaqed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My first iphone was in 2007 so it was the original model. I was very excited to purchase this device. It was extremely expensive at the time and cost me ?269 upfront and ?35 a month for 2 years. But it was an excellent device :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the 3G when it first came out in the UK and was only available on o2. Before that, I'd had a Nokia 3330 for years! It was an amazing transformation and certainly changed the way I used phone.

But I kept forgetting to charge it overnight so at first my battery always ran out at like 1pm lol!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I remember when the 3G iphone came to O2! ?99 upfront and ?35 a month :) I started with the original iphone on O2 and it cost me ?269 upfront and ?35 a month.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I got mine when the iPhone was first released in my country as the 3G. Don't remember feeling much though. It just so happen that I was due for an upgrade, so I took it and got an iPhone. At that time i was using a Motorola razr v8 which I really love. I had smartphones running windows mobile and Symbian before but all left bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, it wasn't love at first sight. It did a lot of things well, but it didn't do a lot of other things too. Things got a lot better with updates, and the apps that were beginning to fill the App Store allowed me to do things I never thought was possible on a mobile device. Eventually it became a device that made my life a lot easier. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner