I hated it the very first time I used one. It was the iPhone 4s that my boyfriend traded for his Evo 3D at the time. I played with it and couldn't stand it. I kept with my Android phone and got envious every time he didn't have a problem and I did. I've switched back and forth since then, and I recently purchased a 32GB Gold iPhone 5s. I'm happy to have a phone with pretty much no problems again. I don't see me switching platforms again for a while. Especially since other phones are becoming less and less pocket friendly.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-25-2014 06:13 PM
    I hated it the very first time I used one. It was the iPhone 4s that my boyfriend traded for his Evo 3D at the time. I played with it and couldn't stand it. I kept with my Android phone and got envious every time he didn't have a problem and I did. I've switched back and forth since then, and I recently purchased a 32GB Gold iPhone 5s. I'm happy to have a phone with pretty much no problems again. I don't see me switching platforms again for a while. Especially since other phones are becoming less and less pocket friendly.
    I did the same thing...traded my Evo 3D for the 4S. I loved my Evo so much, too bad it was on Sprint😕
    03-25-2014 11:33 PM
    Relieved, to have a premium phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-30-2014 01:24 AM
    I felt great, especially since I had to wait for the iPhone to come to verizon

04-03-2014 07:36 PM
    My first iPhone was the 4 when it came to verizon. Before that I had a long line of blackberry devices and then the original Droid. I loved all my BB phones except the Storm which is what made me try something else. I used the original droid for about a year before trying the iPhone.

I remember not liking apple at all. Much like many of the haters today, I didn't even know why. Lol. I wanted to get my wife a smartphone as she was still using some LG dumb phone. I ended up ordering 2 iPhone 4's. I remember opening the box and it was like this whole experience. I had never had that feeling before over a phone. It was so cool looking and felt great and then it worked even better than it felt.

I was impressed and have had every iPhone since then. I also pick up other phones along the way if they interest me but I don't miss the iPhone each year and it is my daily driver most of the time.

Sent using Tapatalk
    04-03-2014 08:05 PM
    My first was the 8 gb iPhone 4. It was also my first smartphone. So I was elated.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    04-03-2014 08:18 PM
    Quite exciting. I've been using android smartphones before but I did not find it useful as my daily device. I just love the simplicity of iOS.
    Haalcyon likes this.
    04-08-2014 07:44 PM
    I didn't want a fancy phone, just a simple phone. My iPhone 4s was a gift almost 2 years ago when my 6-year old Sony-Ericsson died. Now I love it! Think I'll hold onto it until iPhone 6 comes out.
    04-09-2014 01:50 PM
    I felt conflicted because I was a die-hard Blackberry "fanboy"...for real.......I liked the look of the device (iPhone 3G), but I did not like it more than my Blackberry devices. I kept the iPhone 3G for about 2 month, and when it fell into the ocean off of the coast of South Carolina while visiting one of my brothers, I was like, "oh well." I mean, I didn't even get upset about it. My daughter was livid because she wanted it. Anyway, I went to a nearby AT&T store later that evening and purchased a Blackberry Bold 9000...
    04-09-2014 02:35 PM
    I felt conflicted because I was a die-hard Blackberry "fanboy"...for real.......I liked the look of the device (iPhone 3G), but I did not like it more than my Blackberry devices. I kept the iPhone 3G for about 2 month, and when it fell into the ocean off of the coast of South Carolina while visiting one of my brothers, I was like, "oh well." I mean, I didn't even get upset about it. My daughter was livid because she wanted it. Anyway, I went to a nearby AT&T store later that evening and purchased a Blackberry Bold 9000...
    Man I have several 9900s. I'd have been happy to give one.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫️
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2014 03:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure I was beyond excited! I can't remember back to 2007 regarding a phone but it was new and very very cool. I was a junior in HS and good thing I had my own bank account because iTunes was a great friend.
    04-09-2014 04:38 PM
    I felt like I was the MAN ! With the 4s I was in clubs whipping it out trying to put numbers in It lmao then when the girls would call me I would look at myself in the mirror to see what I looked like with the phone on my eAr 😆😆😆😆 vein I was back then

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 09:27 PM
    I've always been a gadget freak and two of the first 'smart' phones I had were the 02 XDA, which I still have to this day, and Nokia 9000.

Prior to that, I had paired my HP IPAQ with my Sony Ericsson phone for all internet based functions, such as they were at the time.

I picked up the first iPhone in 2007 and it was a breath of fresh air for me. It totally revolutionised how I used and carried my phone. I've had the 3, the 3GS, the 4 and the 5 after that and have not looked back since. I've had an iPhone as my personal phone in my stable of phones since the very beginning, although i've always had a secondary phone for work to go with it. It's why I feel so naked having broken my iPhone 5 recently. I cant afford another one currently and my insurance company are insisting we go down the attempted repair route first (not a chance that will work).

I love just having an iPhone that I can rely on that 'just works' and I don't have to worry if the thing is going to crash on me or throw up some incompatibility errors like Android seem to do on occasion.
    04-10-2014 01:57 AM
    I think that was happiest I've ever been in my life getting something material. In March 2008, I decided I wanted an iPhone. However, with all of the rumors, I knew I had to wait until the iPhone was announced in June, I believe. The iPhone 3G come out in mid-July.

I live Oahu and I drove all the way to the west side if the island looking for an iPhone 3G at AT&T. I knew the Apple Stores would be my last resort. Pretty much all of the AT&T stores sold out within a few hours. I decided not to go to Ala Moana Center because social media told me that the line there was a constant 200+. Decided to take my chances at Kahala Mall. I was in a fairly short line but I was told I'd be waiting in line and there was no guarantee we'd get one. Thankfully, a shipment that went to Ala Moana was also for the Kahala Mall store. I got the WHITE 16GB iPhone 3G.

The phone I had before that was a Sony Ericsson dumbphone I got because of its Bluetooth capability. Before that I had a free Samsung dumb phone. Those are the only phones I've ever owned. Before that I had phones that were given to me.
    04-15-2014 02:45 AM
    I thought it was the beautiful smartphone I had ever seen. Fast forward seven years and it is still the most beautiful smartphone I have ever seen.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    04-15-2014 03:23 AM
    I've owned so many phones from the old Nokia 7110 back in 1999 to currently what I have the Lumia, XPERIA and obviously the iPhone 4S. I was excited to see how it performs compared to the rest, having never owned an iPhone before and to say I was and am impressed with its speed, simplicity and all-in-all, it just works! I'm definitely happy and this will definitely not be my last iPhone
    04-15-2014 10:48 AM
    I was just amazed. I started on the iPhone 3g and went to the 4...then went to the dark side .

But no I really loved it.. Loved the phone and everything. I even then discovered jailbreaking and was always that way from that point on. I never thought I'd try Android but I did and just simply like it better. Nothing bad about iOS at all.. I just like to tinker so Android is good for that.

I still get to dabble in the iPhone world due to friends and helping my parents with theirs. I hope the new one has a bigger screen!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    04-15-2014 11:32 AM
    Well my first iPhone was the iPhone 3G.. And I liked it as a touch screen and I love how many apps were there.. I didn't really like apple at first and always love using a blackberry.. But I basically went back to iPhone cause of the apps I can download for the device and love it since..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-22-2014 07:00 PM
    I just got my first iPhone (5s) 2 days ago and Im feeling like in ecstasy!
    This is the best phone I ever had (Android user before, htc and samsung) and I dont know why am i only giving apple's a chance now (how dumb)
    The stability of the iOS, the design, the performance, everything... this is like a piece of art in my hand.
    No more lags like I used to have on android, no more app crashes... I'll stay faithful to apple forever!
    05-09-2014 03:56 PM
    I had the 3G when it first came out in the UK and was only available on o2. Before that, I'd had a Nokia 3330 for years! It was an amazing transformation and certainly changed the way I used phone.

But I kept forgetting to charge it overnight so at first my battery always ran out at like 1pm lol!

05-11-2014 12:48 PM
    I felt kind of cool, for 10 days then I went back. The iMessage was nice since I get shoddy reception in my house but for the way I use my phone 4" is not enough screen space and I need better inter-app data shuffling.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    05-12-2014 07:23 AM
    Lost, because it was my first smartphone. I was afraid I would hit something that would send me into oblivion.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-12-2014 08:34 AM
    My first iPhone was the iPhone 3G and I was amazed because it was the first full touchscreen phone I have used and I was amazed of all the games and the smoothness of the browser and everything when I first had the phone

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-13-2014 10:14 PM
    My first smartphone was a HTC Inspire 4G. It was actually a pretty great phone, however the battery life for me was pretty bad. So I exchanged it for a iPhone 4, and that phones battery life was pretty amazing. That was I think the main thing that made me really like the iPhone 4, outside of the apps.
    05-17-2014 01:32 AM
    My first iPhone was 3GS. Prior to this, I was on BlackBerry Torch 9810 and was tried of it.

My wife surprised me by gifting 3GS and I was super elated. After 3GS, now I am on iPhone 5 and loving every bit of it. My wife is on green 5c

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    05-17-2014 01:41 AM
94 1234