My first thought: they took something that was made for Space or something and built a really beautiful product with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-15-2014 12:48 AM
    I got my first iPhone in 2011 when my 17 y/o daughter upgraded to the ip4. She took my bb 9800 and said mom, you will be so much happier with an iPhone... and even though it was a 3GS, I really was! I now have a 5s and feel the move from blackberry to iPhone for me was the best thing I did! It has exceeded my expectations.
    03-15-2014 08:26 AM
    I got the iPhone 1 from my uncle during the fourth of July. I felt jazzed
    03-15-2014 08:26 AM
    I had a blackberry curve (which I loved at the time), and a friend of mine at the time showed me his iPhone and I immediately loved it. Since I didn't have an upgrade, I bought a used original iPhone on ebay. I felt like I was holding something really special when I got it. Since then, I have tried other devices here and there, but ALWAYS come back to the iPhone.
    03-15-2014 10:21 AM
    I had the Moto Q and then a blackberry curve. A friend of mine bought the 3GS when it came out and gave me his 8g 3G. I was blown away. Loved it. At my next job I went back to the Bold but the first chance I got I bought a used 16g 3GS and have never looked back! I am an iOS junkie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-15-2014 03:20 PM
    Read in it's entirety and you'll get to my point.

So this a tough one for me. Let's put iPhone aside for a second. I've had 14 BlackBerry's from the legacy devices of 7100 - 9930 and then the Z10, Q10, and Z30. For the last 8 years I've carrier 2 phones. One was a BlackBerry on BES from work and the other was another BlackBerry as personal device since there was no iPhone out at the time.

When the original iPhone came out, I rushed out to get it as my new personal device, but even though I lived in a huge city like Philadelphia, I didn't have any service in my house. I'd go out to my car in the morning and like 30 texts and 10 voicemails would come through. So that first experience was pretty poor.

AT&T then came out with their 3G Cell Network Extender so I went back and got the 3GS when it came out and the iPhone now worked great in my house as well as out and about. I loved it and got rid of my personal BBRY.

At the time, BlackBerry remained on course with their legacy devices so I had my work BBRY and my personal iPhone that I jumped to the 4 then 4S then 5.

When BlackBerry 10 came out about a year ago work switched us from our legacy devices to new BlackBerry 10's more specifically the Q10. It's an amazing OS upgrade from original BlackBerry's, and there is no more battery pull. So for about a 6 months I had a work Q10 and iPhone 5.

Then the BlackBerry Z30 came out and I wanted to give it a shot. So I swapped out of my iPhone 5 and got the Z30. It's a beast. I mean, there's nothing you can't do. The UI and HUB are great. It's got a 2880mAh battery that lasts 2 days easy with 200 emails, 300 texts, 150 BBM's. Now with 10.2.1 OS you can download Amazon Store and Snap and download 85% of Android Apps. So I truly believe the Z30 is amazing and battery and apps are no longer an issue.

Here's the deal though, with a battery that size, comes a price. It's got a 5 inch screen and it's still got quite a bit of space around the screen. So the phone was simply just to big for me, especially carrying 2 phones.

Now to present day, I'm back with the iPhone 5s and am still extremely happy with the device. It's nicer looking and more professional looking than my old Z30. My only complaint is as a heavy user I do have to charge during the day, but lucky for me my job entails driving from client to client so it's not really an issue.

I hope you see this as a fair assessment. I think Apple puts out amazing products, but also think BlackBerry is on the right track and deserves mention cause without my Q10 for work I'd be lost.

That said for a personal device, iPhone 5s and whatever comes next is the easy choice.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    So how do you really feel?
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    03-15-2014 03:29 PM
    I have noticed one specific item since I started this thread and glad I did, People are being honest, The main thing is that most all of us including me came from BB more so than from Android an some still use BB for work because they have to since I am sure they must have BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) in their IT dept but that is ok. Nobody bashed anything about what else they had and very happy with Apple. I think this is a good way to go in the comments and hope more come in and answer. Good or bad there is no wrong - Just opinion. Thank you so far. My 5S still rocks and even though I have not stepped up to 7.1 yet and will soon keep the comments coming.
    03-15-2014 03:43 PM
    Like I held a piece of the universe in my hands.
    I was coming from a basic flip phone to the iPhone 3G. Haven't looked back as Apple's has increased its foothold in my life.
    03-15-2014 05:28 PM
    When I'm using my iBabies it's like I'm holding and using precision crafted instruments. An experience that I continually and have always enjoyed. I don't even want one speck of dust to befall my iBabies but let's be realistic. I do protect them the best I know how.

I've enjoyed using other phones and tablets but with my iBabies I always feel like I have something special.

1 of IV
    03-15-2014 05:34 PM
    I hated it. Went back to Android, then BlackBerry, then Android again. Eventually, after going nuts with phones for too long, I realized that the iPhone was and is the only electronic device I've ever used that hasn't had any major problems, is easy to use and does what I need to have done without the need to put forth tons of effort. I can't say that about BlackBerry or Android.
    03-15-2014 06:01 PM
    My first iphone was the first gen iphone.i came from. Nokia. It was a huge jump! Then i went blackberry.then i went back to iphone.them i moves to the dark side and enjoyed android.started with htc butterfly,then s4, then xperia z ultra then the note 3.my last iphone before all of these android phones was the iphone 5. A month ago,tried the gold 5s and then i realized that ios is way better than i thought it was. I still keep my note 3 coz i like to tinker with the phone but i have since gone full time on ios.i now have the space grey plus the gold.an ipad air.ill get the silver 5s soon amd my ipad mini retina is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    03-15-2014 08:24 PM
    100% love. I had an app for anything I could ever need, no more BlackBerry battery pulls, Seamless integration with my music and iTunes info. I've loved it since then and it's even better now with iCloud and all the Apple devices I have that work together seamlessly.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    03-15-2014 08:26 PM
    My first iphone was the first gen iphone.i came from. Nokia. It was a huge jump! Then i went blackberry.then i went back to iphone.them i moves to the dark side and enjoyed android.started with htc butterfly,then s4, then xperia z ultra then the note 3.my last iphone before all of these android phones was the iphone 5. A month ago,tried the gold 5s and then i realized that ios is way better than i thought it was. I still keep my note 3 coz i like to tinker with the phone but i have since gone full time on ios.i now have the space grey plus the gold.an ipad air.ill get the silver 5s soon amd my ipad mini retina is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    I can definitely relate. I have no android devices currently but I'm trying to find one that I want enough to pay for, just to also have something different. Problem is I can't think of any android device that is worth it's price, to me. The a Nexus 5 at $400 is the most attractive, but with my silver and space grey 5s' a Nexus 5 just doesn't seem enticing.

4 of IV
    anon(767240) likes this.
    03-15-2014 08:37 PM
    My first was the iPhone 4 which I bought with my own money so I was quite proud. The phone was excellent and it was like stepping into the future. My mom had a 3GS and I loved the iPod features. But what really was exciting was the quality of apps that I had access too. One day I'll return to iPhone but just not yet.

Oh and the camera was amazing to me as well
    03-16-2014 02:04 AM
    Like a kid with a new and very capable toy, almost said "My precious" out loud I admit that despite the "limitations" this OS or phone has, it went beyond my expectations, there's nothing I really needed my phone to do, that the iPhone couldn't do! so great and user friendly for the most part. That's why I recommend it so much
    03-16-2014 02:24 AM
    I felt great! I'd secretly wanted an iPhone but cursed the Apple name because I couldn't have one thanks to it being exclusive to AT&T at the time! All is well now!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-16-2014 05:54 AM
    I can definitely relate. I have no android devices currently but I'm trying to find one that I want enough to pay for, just to also have something different. Problem is I can't think of any android device that is worth it's price, to me. The a Nexus 5 at $400 is the most attractive, but with my silver and space grey 5s' a Nexus 5 just doesn't seem enticing.

4 of IV
    Moto x is the only one IMO. By far the biggest bang for your buck and customization options of the exterior, boot screen, etc make it feel like a friend.

I've been wanting to try another os for a bit but having s device well in time with you makes picking up another difficult and some of my gadgets likely feel neglected.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    03-16-2014 06:20 AM
    I went from a Droid X to an iPhone 4 went it came to Verizon. It was just a night and day difference. Especially back then, the fluidity and speed of the phone going through tasks was spectacular. I knew I wasn't going back. I've ended up with every iPhone since then and an extreme addiction to cases.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPad mini
    Haalcyon likes this.
    03-16-2014 12:13 PM

4 of IV
    I'd started to get really bored with my Note 3. So I decided to do something risky. I stopped using a case with it.

Honestly, I didn't realize just how good that pleather back felt. It looks so nice showing off the the silver border too.

I could never risk letting my 5s go naked as it'll be sold right before I get the 6. The 5c looks good without a case but it scratches easily.

It's nice how changing a case (or taking one off), putting a new ROM (or upgrade/tweak the OS), and other small things can make you feel like you're experiencing your device for the first time all over again.

Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr
    03-17-2014 08:29 AM
    I'd started to get really bored with my Note 3. So I decided to do something risky. I stopped using a case with it.

Honestly, I didn't realize just how good that pleather back felt. It looks so nice showing off the the silver border too.

I could never risk letting my 5s go naked as it'll be sold right before I get the 6. The 5c looks good without a case but it scratches easily.

It's nice how changing a case (or taking one off), putting a new ROM (or upgrade/tweak the OS), and other small things can make you feel like you're experiencing your device for the first time all over again.

Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr
    Yeah, that may be one reason I like changing cases so much. With the Evutec Karbon, though, I've not been changing my cases as much. I love the Karbon. I'm just not brave enough to use my iBabies without a case.

2 f IV
    03-17-2014 08:34 AM
    I picked up my first iPhone in 2008 (iPhone 3G). I was amazed and couldn't stop playing with it and showing it off(and this was before the App Store). It felt like i had the greatest device in US history and was proud to be an iPhone owner. To this day I still love my iPhone (5S) and play with it all the time still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haalcyon likes this.
    03-17-2014 11:54 AM
    I was underwhelmed by the screen size and camera quality. The screen was way too small and narrow. The camera over saturates everything and the noise reduction I'd too aggressive. It smooths out everything making crops look ugly. I get much better results with this phone.

I did like Touch ID.

I was also jnderwhelmed with App Store. It didn't seem much better than Google Play. Their Book Store and Music Store is better.

I like that Apple hasn't give. Up on Podcasts.

I missed iTunes Radio until Samsung launched Milk Music 😛

I like limiting the number of Online Accounts I have. Too many security faux pas these days with various companies.

I may get an it ouch to supplement things if the price cones down to a reasonable level, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2014 08:27 PM
    It felt like breaking free of a world of devices that were pure junk (in my opinion). I had Blackberry's and Treos and numerous flip phones...they all felt like they could have been great devices, but failed miserably when it came to actually following through with such. Then the iPhone came along, and changed all that...was it perfect upon release? Not at all, but it was closer than anything else out there, and I haven't looked back since.
    Haalcyon likes this.
    03-20-2014 10:09 AM
    I was so excited, I had the iPhone 3G for my 15th birthday and 6 years later I'm still in love with iOS. I had spent the whole night awake messing around with the many functions of my new phone. Before that I had a dumb phone lol.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 
    03-21-2014 02:53 PM
    I hated it!! I was actually embarrassed to use it in public. I never saw myself with an iPhone nor was I ever impressed with them but at the time I hated Sprint and it was the best thing that particular Verizon store had.
    03-24-2014 10:51 PM
94 1234