Clean Install

ces_garc94

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I've been seeing people talk about "clean installing" their iDevices and was wondering what that was about? Is there any benefit to doing so? And if anyone could guide me step by step so I could try it 😀

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's restoring your iPhone or iPad as a new device using iTunes if I'm not mistaken. There's some benefit to it if you have a bunch of extra stuff on your iPhone that you'd like to get rid of quickly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's restoring your iPhone or iPad as a new device using iTunes if I'm not mistaken. There's some benefit to it if you have a bunch of extra stuff on your iPhone that you'd like to get rid of quickly.

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. You'd be surprised at how well your device can run or how many issues are fixed with a clean install. Just put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes, and when iTunes detect the device in recovery, select to restore it. It'll download a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your device. When complete, I set my device up as new, however, it's okay to restore from a previous backup - specifically, the backup you make prior to restoring the device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2