Why does the 5s drain so fast?

Ventana654

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My 5 never drained this fast ever and i had it for a year and a half. Is there a reason why my phone went down 5% in 4 songs? 10% in an hour with barley any use at all. I brought it to apple and they said it was ok and everything was fine. Is it because the iphone 5 is a lithium polymer battery not a lilthium ion battery like the 5s? Or could it be the processor that it has? what about the 5c? COuld that be better? I cannot stand it it sucks. I want my iphone 5 back. what do you guys think?

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My 5s is fine maybe u have an app that is draining the battery life , sometimes that is possibility & the 5c is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ventana654

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My 5s is fine maybe u have an app that is draining the battery life , sometimes that is possibility & the 5c is awesome

does the 5c run better then the 5s battery wise? My phone went down 10% in 45 minutes of light use. Basically just saying goodnight to my gf and like 5 songs.

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes the 5c is better on Battery life , try jailbreaking the iPhone that saves a lot on the battery life also !! The 5s just drains as fast but my sisters have the 5c and love it compared to the 5s and they had both but downgraded to the 5c. I guess it's what u prefer , but talking battery life the best is the 4s and the 5.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Since this is my first iPhone (5s), I cannot compare it to other iPhones, but I can compare it to Android (SG3) and Blackberry (Z10), and my iPhone get better battery life compared to the latter two.

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I thought the iPhone 4 pre-iOS 5 had the best battery life I ever saw with an iPhone. But post-iOS 7 the 5S loses very slightly to the 5C, having had experience with both.

But on to your question, if the songs in question are on the phone and being played through music app, then the battery drain is quite high. If you're streaming the songs, the drain isn't too bad. As with anything, it all depends on how you use the phone and whether there's anything running in the background, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5C or iPad mini

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Op, do you live in an area where service is minimal? If your antenna is working hard to maintain signal you are going to lose battery faster than someone who lives in a good service area. If you have recently moved since owning your 5 or spend a majority of your time on a new place that you didn't before that could be your issue

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
An app may be causing this. Make sure to turn off the settings for apps using data in the background. It's a big battery killer.

Ventana654

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
An app may be causing this. Make sure to turn off the settings for apps using data in the background. It's a big battery killer.

i dont think thats the problem. cause it never was like that with the 5. could it be the ios 7? will the ios 7.1 fix battery problems? I so am thinking about going to the 5c tomorrow or buying a new iphone 5 off ebay.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My 5s has been draining quickly lately too. Wish the next iPhone has a much larger battery in it because even before it wasn't that good in the battery department.

Farshid72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I compare to my iphone 4s with full storage of app (64gb) i think that 5s is better but not so much! We must consider that 5s had upgraded ! New hardware and faster than 4s and it screen use much battery! It's good enough ! Does you iphone have bad cover or maybe crushed or had jailbreaked with many harmful tweak ? Use killbackground close background empty its battery and refull it and work with it easily ! Then! How much time it work ?!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to the How To Guides and read about Battery life on your phone and how to take care of it. My phone will go 3-4 days and that is using it everyday doing all kinds of things with it. You may want to get use to letting your battery die until your phone shuts off at least once a month to condition the battery.

Johnly

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Go to the How To Guides and read about Battery life on your phone and how to take care of it. My phone will go 3-4 days and that is using it everyday doing all kinds of things with it. You may want to get use to letting your battery die until your phone shuts off at least once a month to condition the battery.

Is not that bad for li ion batteries? I don't think any *conditioning* is needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnly

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Conditioning is not needed for lithium ion batteries but many people will swear by it.

From what I read, it is actually bad to run li ion batteries down all the way. Something about the way the charge holds, it causes premature buildup or something. I swear against it actually. There is a couple of good articles on the matter. Maybe I can find the one I was reading and post a link.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73