Traded my Note 3 for a iPhone 5..

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
No memory card or removable battery. I'm sorry but to me that's a no. That's my whole love of android...

Ahh, so you were pretty much a Samsung-only girl. I like Samsung phones okay, I just wish they would consider using premium materials in at least one upper-end model. If the Note 3 had had a kevlar-weave back with a real aluminum band circumnavigating the phone (ala BB9900) I'd likely still have one for sure. The LG Optimus G Pro meets your removable battery and storage requirements but its only on AT&T. I had one...nice phone indeed with an absolutely beautiful screen. Easily rooted too with quite a selection of good ROMs.

...but you just can't beat iOS and idevices for build, OS, and app quality, IMO.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ahh, so you were pretty much a Samsung-only girl. I like Samsung phones okay, I just wish they would consider using premium materials in at least one upper-end model. If the Note 3 had had a kevlar-weave back with a real aluminum band circumnavigating the phone (ala BB9900) I'd likely still have one for sure. The LG Optimus G Pro meets your removable battery and storage requirements but its only on AT&T. I had one...nice phone indeed with an absolutely beautiful screen. Easily rooted too with quite a selection of good ROMs.

...but you just can't beat iOS and idevices for build, OS, and app quality, IMO.

My phone always ends up in a case. So I guess for me, I just got an Otter Box and never saw the materials again. The back on the Note III is pretty honestly. I just don't like my phones naked.

I think the feel of plastic may of been what enticed me into trying an iPhone for the first time. It was like it was calling out to people like me. I'd probably get a non-plastic one eventually but the colored phones are what got my attention initially. It'll still have a case too. Heh.

Edit: I hated rooting and putting a ROM on my HTC Evo V (Forgot to mention in other thread), had to do a "Wire trick" to unlock boot loader. I definitely wasn't good at it, took me 6 tries. Glad I didn't electrocute myself! I do love modding my droids! ^_^

MERCDROID

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I traded the iPhone 5 for a LG G2. What y'all think about that?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think you should have kept the 64GB iPhone 5. You made out like a bandit on the first trade! But, trading the iPhone 5 for a G2 was a major step back. Nothing against the G2, but the iPhone 5 had more storage space and was/is worth more. But, at the end of the day, do what works for you, brother!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Let's see...you got an iPhone 5
And $340 in exchange for a Note 3? That's a good deal. Enjoy your iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Unless something was wrong with the IPhone 5 or it wasn't in new condition it may be a hard choice between that and a brand new G2. The G2 is very easy to root and with Cyanogenmod it's a very slick device with a beautiful screen.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol I don't think it was a bad deal..

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

If it's what works for you, then it wasn't a bad deal.

FWIW...a mint condition iPhone 5 64gb is going for around $450 or less on Swappa. So if his wasn't mint, it would probably be under $400. A mint G2 is around $375 on Swappa, so I'd say that was even, money-wise. A mint Note 3 is going for under $600 at this point, usually closer to $550 or less, so I'd say overall it was lateral at worst considering the money involved. And if the G2 is what he likes and works for him, then that's what it's all about.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
So I sold the LG G2 for $500 and bought a 16gb 5S for $480 new condition. Was that good ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
So I sold the LG G2 for $500 and bought a 16gb 5S for $480 new condition. Was that good ??

Well, I believe the G2 was 32GB?? In my opinion the G2 is a great phone, certainly one of the very very best Android phones. We know the 5s is great phone but you the model you picked up has HALF the storage of the phone you let go. If that's just irrelevant to you than you'll be very happy with the iPhone I think. It's a great phone but 16GB is not a lot of storage. The price you paid for the 5s wasn't bad at all, IMO.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am not regretting it at all I mean sure the note 3 is a great phone as well but I just prefer the iPhone no one can really say which one is better it's all about preference

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711