My phone always ends up in a case. So I guess for me, I just got an Otter Box and never saw the materials again. The back on the Note III is pretty honestly. I just don't like my phones naked.

I think the feel of plastic may of been what enticed me into trying an iPhone for the first time. It was like it was calling out to people like me. I'd probably get a non-plastic one eventually but the colored phones are what got my attention initially. It'll still have a case too. Heh.

Edit: I hated rooting and putting a ROM on my HTC Evo V (Forgot to mention in other thread), had to do a "Wire trick" to unlock boot loader. I definitely wasn't good at it, took me 6 tries. Glad I didn't electrocute myself! I do love modding my droids! ^_^
    What is the wire trick? Did you really mess with the wiring of the phone??

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-27-2014 06:35 PM
    I traded the iPhone 5 for a LG G2. What y'all think about that?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    You are crazy.

Beyond Fire and MERCDROID like this.
    01-27-2014 06:37 PM
    You are crazy.

Lol I don't think it was a bad deal..

01-27-2014 07:22 PM
    Unless something was wrong with the IPhone 5 or it wasn't in new condition it may be a hard choice between that and a brand new G2. The G2 is very easy to root and with Cyanogenmod it's a very slick device with a beautiful screen.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    01-27-2014 07:35 PM
    I have a note 2 and I'm trying to get the iPhone 5 or 5s

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-28-2014 02:13 AM
    Lol I don't think it was a bad deal..

If it's what works for you, then it wasn't a bad deal.

FWIW...a mint condition iPhone 5 64gb is going for around $450 or less on Swappa. So if his wasn't mint, it would probably be under $400. A mint G2 is around $375 on Swappa, so I'd say that was even, money-wise. A mint Note 3 is going for under $600 at this point, usually closer to $550 or less, so I'd say overall it was lateral at worst considering the money involved. And if the G2 is what he likes and works for him, then that's what it's all about.
    01-28-2014 11:45 AM
    So I sold the LG G2 for $500 and bought a 16gb 5S for $480 new condition. Was that good ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-30-2014 01:59 PM
    So I sold the LG G2 for $500 and bought a 16gb 5S for $480 new condition. Was that good ??

Well, I believe the G2 was 32GB?? In my opinion the G2 is a great phone, certainly one of the very very best Android phones. We know the 5s is great phone but you the model you picked up has HALF the storage of the phone you let go. If that's just irrelevant to you than you'll be very happy with the iPhone I think. It's a great phone but 16GB is not a lot of storage. The price you paid for the 5s wasn't bad at all, IMO.

01-30-2014 02:12 PM
    O.O Stay put now. LOL
    01-30-2014 02:55 PM
    That's a very good deal indeed... Now keep it as is

Rickki's iPad Air
    01-30-2014 07:22 PM

I think that was good. What do you think about the switch to iOS from Android?
    01-31-2014 10:34 AM
    I think that was good. What do you think about the switch to iOS from Android?
    I had iOS before so I'm ok with the switch. I love the fingerprint scanner and it's just so smooth and the camera is great.

01-31-2014 12:28 PM
    I had iOS before so I'm ok with the switch. I love the fingerprint scanner and it's just so smooth and the camera is great.

OK now just keep it.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-31-2014 08:24 PM
    OK now just keep it.

ಠ益ಠ
    I defiantly plan on it.

01-31-2014 08:45 PM
    I defiantly plan on it.

Very good!

01-31-2014 10:01 PM
    I just got my iPhone 5s had the Note 3 the iPhone is awesome

iRiidium likes this.
    02-02-2014 10:01 PM
    I am not regretting it at all I mean sure the note 3 is a great phone as well but I just prefer the iPhone no one can really say which one is better it's all about preference

02-03-2014 11:01 PM
    I am not regretting it at all I mean sure the note 3 is a great phone as well but I just prefer the iPhone no one can really say which one is better it's all about preference

Yea I'm not regretting giving up the note 3 either the camera is way better in my opinion. I do miss the different keyboards and the S-Pen but besides that I'm good with the IPhone 5s.

Walchaar6 likes this.
    02-03-2014 11:27 PM
    Trading phones can be addictive. I traded a device for the first time in Craigslist about four months ago. Before then I had always sold phones on eBay and then bought new phones with the money. But I got tired of the scams on eBay. So I went to Craigslist. The first phone I traded was the Note 3 for a Nexus 5 and cash. Then I traded the Nexus 5 for the Galaxy Mega. Sold that and used the money to get a gold 64GB iPhone 5S. Trading is so easy and it allows you to try out a lot of different devices. I'm not going to trade my current iPhone but I get tempted.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    mumfoau likes this.
    02-04-2014 06:27 AM
    I had a white G2 and loved it. Took a black Note 3 back to AT&T after a week to get the G2. I would probably still have it if I hadn't stopped by my local AT&T store shortly after the Nokia 1520 was released. Bad idea. The 1520 is an unbelievable phone but after a month or so the size starts to wear on you. I decided to go from too big to little bitty and bought a white 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-05-2014 03:51 PM
    I had a white G2 and loved it. Took a black Note 3 back to AT&T after a week to get the G2. I would probably still have it if I hadn't stopped by my local AT&T store shortly after the Nokia 1520 was released. Bad idea. The 1520 is an unbelievable phone but after a month or so the size starts to wear on you. I decided to go from too big to little bitty and bought a white 5S.

I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1520, but had to pass because I would have to change too many services. I currently use hangouts and FaceTime for video chat. That covers everyone I know. They have neither on Windows Phone. There are numerous Google apps that aren't available for that platform. It just would have been a pain to try to switch services and apps and get everyone I know to switch over too just for me.

02-06-2014 06:42 AM
    I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1520, but had to pass because I would have to change too many services. I currently use hangouts and FaceTime for video chat. That covers everyone I know. They have neither on Windows Phone. There are numerous Google apps that aren't available for that platform. It just would have been a pain to try to switch services and apps and get everyone I know to switch over too just for me.

The 1520 is a great device but Windows Phone leaves way too much to be desired in its app ecosystem right now. I hope that can get resolved in 2014.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE
    02-06-2014 07:39 AM
    Completely agree. The 1520 is an awesome device. The screen is the best I've ever seen on a pocket sized device. The snapdragon 800 runs the os with blazing speed and the battery last for days of you need it to. Unfortunately the size eventually becomes a negative. Not only is it large, it's also very heavy. 209g compared to 112g for a 5s. It's like having 2 iPhones in your pocket. It is with much sorrow and some procrastination that I will list my 1520 on eBay today. I thought about keeping it as a mini tablet but I just can't justify the price considering I have Nexus 7 and a Lenovo Miix 8. With the money I get for the 1520 I can buy an iPad mini RD or a surface 2.

02-06-2014 08:07 AM
    Completely agree. The 1520 is an awesome device. The screen is the best I've ever seen on a pocket sized device. The snapdragon 800 runs the os with blazing speed and the battery last for days of you need it to. Unfortunately the size eventually becomes a negative. Not only is it large, it's also very heavy. 209g compared to 112g for a 5s. It's like having 2 iPhones in your pocket. It is with much sorrow and some procrastination that I will list my 1520 on eBay today. I thought about keeping it as a mini tablet but I just can't justify the price considering I have Nexus 7 and a Lenovo Miix 8. With the money I get for the 1520 I can buy an iPad mini RD or a surface 2.

The 1520 is definitely an all-in-one device. If you regularly use tablets, especially tablets that are around 7 inches then it really isn't worth getting such a phablet. This is one of the reasons that I can be completely happy with my iPhone because I have an iPad that will meet my multimedia needs that would require bigger screens.
    Last edited by dkhmwilliams; 02-16-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-07-2014 12:26 PM
    This is one of the reasons that I can be completely happy with my iPhone because I have an iPad that will meet my multimedia needs that would require bigger screens.
    I think this is one reason I like Apple's model.... 1 phone, 1 version of the OS. It's good for a habitual phone switcher like myself. Haha There's no temptation!
    02-07-2014 04:08 PM
83 1234