Ok, so I know how to get your google contacts to show up on your iphone by syncing it with your gmail account but I can't get them onto my iCloud. I want to be able to unlink my phone from my gmail but as soon as I do all my contacts disappear. Any way to make this happen?
    12-13-2013 05:25 PM
    Log into google via a browser on computer... go to contacts... hit the 'more' button... export... select vcard format... remember where you save the file...

Then go to iCloud on a computer via web browser... go to contacts... tap the cog in the lower left... select import vcard, and go to the file you made above.
    12-13-2013 05:34 PM
    1. Login to your Google account via a computer and then export your contact to your desktop in vCard format.
    2. Login to your iCloud account via a computer, click on the Contacts icon.
    3. Click on the cogwheel at the bottom left corner. Select "import vCard".

Afterwards, logout. The contacts will sync to your iPhone. You can then disable syncing of your google contacts and select to remove them from your device when prompted. You can then delete your Google account from the device. The contacts you imported to iCloud will remain intact.
    12-13-2013 05:36 PM
    Log into google via a browser on computer... go to contacts... hit the 'more' button... export... select vcard format... remember where you save the file...

Then go to iCloud on a computer via web browser... go to contacts... tap the cog in the lower left... select import vcard, and go to the file you made above.
    (laughing)....I'm sure glad our responses are the basically the same...
    kch50428 likes this.
    12-13-2013 05:38 PM
    Thanks so much! I got a little nervous there because I lost all the contacts on my phone and couldn't tell who texts and all that were coming from. Working great now!

Thanks again!
    kch50428 likes this.
    12-13-2013 08:03 PM
    Thanks so much! I got a little nervous there because I lost all the contacts on my phone and couldn't tell who texts and all that were coming from. Working great now!

Thanks again!
    We're glad we were able to assist you, my friend. Take care and have a great weekend...
    12-13-2013 08:10 PM