Troubleshooting when the iPhone is stuck at the Apple logo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading increasing posts about members' iPhones appear stuck at the Apple logo. Well, without trying to figure out why it is happening, I will focus on how to get past it....:)....I assume you simply want to get it to work, right? Anyway, this seems to be happening to people while upgrading from an earlier iOS build to the latest version. These are things I suggest you do.

1. Wait about 10 minutes or so to see if the screen clears itself.
2. If after the above mentioned wait period, the screen is still displaying the Apple logo, go ahead and turn the device off by pressing and holding the power button.
3. Wait a few seconds and then turn the device back on.
4. If all goes well, the phone will re-evaluate the process it was previously stuck on, and quickly move along to the next stage, and then finish.
5. If not, do step 4 again. On more occasions than not, the phone will usually get to the home screen during step 4.
6. On the occasions where the device insists on not bypassing the Apple logo, you will need to put it in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also having the latest version of iTunes can help with that issue. I always recommend to people to try and to have the most recent version of iOS as you can. And for jailbreakers to have the highest jailbreakable iOS version as you can also.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk