refurbished xs?

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I have a pixel 1st gen...it works fine but after play with iphone x i noticed how much smoother, snappier that was and the battery lasted a few days over barely a day.

However, the price is a bit high for new phone. The 11 seems like a step down from the iphone X in some regards and i think 6.1 is too big.

Would a refurbished XS or later on a refurbished 11 pro be like buying new? $699?
Just having support for 4-5 years is comforting also.

I'm a bit confused on refurbs work because I've always known as them as showing wear but apples website makes it seem they are basically new...new battery, new screen and shell.

Do they offer education discount on phones? Im not seeing it on the site, but figured i'd ask.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Refurbished is “like new”. Many are simply returned items after customers decided within the 14-day return period they didn’t want them.

As for the iPhones you mentioned, if you plan to keep it for 4 or 5 years, you might want to get one of the iPhone 11 models, in my opinion.

Check out the information found via the iMore Blog. You may find it helpful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
wouldn't be an immediate purchase, closer to fall.

would price go down of the 11pro's new, thus lowering used prices?

The iPhone 11 Pro would likely drop in price by $100 after the new iPhone 12 Pro is released. Usually that's how it goes. But no clue. No one really knows until it happens.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I would not bother with the XS, it is nice enough as a phone but the battery is not good enough unless you are near a wall socket at least part of the day. At rest the XS needs it’s apps force closed if you are going to leave it unplugged overnight, mine can use up to 20% on some occasions. Maps will eat it alive if you are using it in GPS mode and don’t use it for YouTube !

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
While the XS is a great iPhone, if I were you, I would go for one of the 11 models if you can swing it... especially in the fall when Apple offers price reductions.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m a normal to light user, would that make battery problem still? I leave my unplugged no apps running overnight

It makes a difference to my XS, if you really want an XS plug it in when you get up, or get an 11 series when the used price goes down.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
(editorial note: I edited the quote for punctuation and capitalization)

Do they offer education discount on phones? I'm not seeing it on the site, but figured I'd ask.

Hey @frankf10.

Great question. The answer is yes, but with a catch. Apple does offer corporate/educational discounts, but it depends on the organization, and in some cases, isn't worth the hassle. The only way to find out is to either call Apple or visit one of their stores. And you'll have to bring proof of educational involvement, student ID, or something similar. In my personal experience, I had to show a pay stub (highly redacted) with my name and home info as it appeared on my drivers license.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner