Switching to NOTE10???

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am being patient. Nothing personal, but I don’t see anybody else responding to digs at Android...so there shouldn’t be a problem with my dig at Apple :)

At least Apple will be finally catching up with triple rear cameras and a bigger battery.

And we know this for certain, how? Be patient, since the new phones haven’t even been introduced yet. You’ll have plenty of time to beat up Apple on a fair playing field.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Last Android device I have owned was the Note 4. I loved it! But now devices have gotten thinner (left to right) and I have big hands. But no, Android to me is like an ex, been there, done that, no thanks.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I definitely will. My daily driver is still the iPhone X, but I use my OnePlus 6T more than I thought I would. Which lead me to give Samsung another chance, since my last Korean device was the Note 3. And I loved it and used SPen a lot. So, in a few days, I'll be exchanging my 6T for a Note 10 Plus and adopting it as my daily driver. When Apple makes an iPhone that catches my eye again, than I'll consider come back.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not interested at all.

No idea why Samsung believes copying the iPhone X design 2 years later will help them with sales.

Note 10 is going to flop harder than the s10.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Not interested at all.

No idea why Samsung believes copying the iPhone X design 2 years later will help them with sales.

Note 10 is going to flop harder than the s10.

The S10 sold and is selling well, significantly better than the S9, and that’s in the face of a downturn in the industry. I don’t see how the Note 10 is copying the iPhone X’s design...the hole-punch is very different from the notch. The Note 10 has sharper corners than the iPhone X and has a quad camera system instead of dual. The Note 10 isn’t going to sell extremely well but is a long way from flopping.

You really should get an eye-test.

B5F4D342-EE2D-461A-922C-F743616EF34A.jpeg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Don’t they all look slightly similar these days? Basically rectangles filled with screen on the front, some sort of notch toward the top, and a camera bump on the back near the top.
I agree that earlier Galaxy models looked very much like iPhones but everyone has evolved and now everyone is copying everyone else.
Unless you’re a nerd hanging out on tech forums like we are you probably can’t tell the difference between an iPhone, Galaxy or any other smartphone at quick glance, ESPECIALLY if it’s in a case. iPhone lost its home button, it’s only truly identifying feature, and now they all look basically the same.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The S10 sold and is selling significantly better than the S9, and that’s in the face of a downturn in the industry. I don’t see how the Note 10 is copying the iPhone X’s design...the hole-punch is very different from the notch.

View attachment 126713

The s9 was a huge failure last year for Samsung. That device did not sell.

Pre sales not sales, big difference.
4 s10 Models selling 12% more in presale vs 2 s9 variants is rather pathetic and can’t be considered better let alone “significantly better”.

Sales s10 completely collapsed after presales, Samsung even disclosed that their financials last quarter

593175c8bb9f6ba332b5614c2cb6abc9.jpg

It’s pretty blatant.

02af8e1618318241201ae6ff9629e580.jpg

Samsung not only copied the pill shaped camera but the location as well.

Here is the note 9
b7ac471c435023cd6b6ba000ab6073c6.jpg

Samsung even is copying the iPhone X internals.

f48ef644655c621a69c9e118321de8d2.jpg

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The s9 was a huge failure last year for Samsung. That device did not sell.

Pre sales not sales, big difference.
4 s10 Models selling 12% more in presale vs 2 s9 variants is rather pathetic and can’t be considered better let alone “significantly better”.

Sales s10 completely collapsed after presales, Samsung even disclosed that their financials last quarter

593175c8bb9f6ba332b5614c2cb6abc9.jpg

It’s pretty blatant.

02af8e1618318241201ae6ff9629e580.jpg

Samsung not only copied the pill shaped camera but the location as well.

Here is the note 9
b7ac471c435023cd6b6ba000ab6073c6.jpg

Samsung even is copying the iPhone X internals.

f48ef644655c621a69c9e118321de8d2.jpg

You got that from a company called ‘iFixit’. And there’s only so many ways you can place a camera on a phone. I’d hardly call that a copy. Selling tens/hundreds of millions of phones is hardly a flop. The note 10 looks nothing like the XS. And on the subject of copy designs, the iPhone 11’s square camera module is a copy of the Mate 20 Pro’s (ironic since Huawei came up with an original design that Apple is going to copy lol)

The iPhone XS didn’t sell well either:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewansp...x-iphone-xr-iphone-se-sales-disaster-mistake/

In this case we’re both not going to convince the other.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Don’t they all look slightly similar these days? Basically rectangles filled with screen on the front, some sort of notch toward the top, and a camera bump on the back near the top.
I agree that earlier Galaxy models looked very much like iPhones but everyone has evolved and now everyone is copying everyone else.
Unless you’re a nerd hanging out on tech forums like we are you probably can’t tell the difference between an iPhone, Galaxy or any other smartphone at quick glance, ESPECIALLY if it’s in a case. iPhone lost its home button, it’s only truly identifying feature, and now they all look basically the same.

I agree. But FFR believes that anything that has modern internals, an all screen design or a vertical camera design is an iPhone X copy. Were initial Android devices iPhone copies? Yes. Now? Definitely not...Android devices have progressed a lot (both software and hardware wise) and are a long way off from being iPhone copies.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You got that from a company called ‘iFixit’. .

Yes I fixit takes apart a bunch of flagships every year, they should know.

And there’s only so many ways you can place a camera on a phone. I’d hardly call that a copy.

Looks like a copy to me pretty blatant one.

Selling tens/hundreds of millions of phones is hardly a flop. The note 10 looks nothing like the XS. And on the subject of copy designs,

That’s the thing note 9 didn’t sell that much and the note 10 is predicted to sell even less.

80c07f5db05fcdd986d8a26faf5de576.jpg
5946e9cc8f6a07884591b7fc6ee92f3e.jpg

Looks like a copy to me.

The iPhone XS didn’t sell well either:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewansp...x-iphone-xr-iphone-se-sales-disaster-mistake/

In this case we’re both not going to convince the other.

Actually according to apple financials, iPhones sold 28 billion dollars last quarter.

You think 28 billion didn’t sell well?

How much did Samsung mobile sell last quarter, here is a hint, much much much less.

The year old iPhone XS Max was the third best selling phone last quarter ahead of the s10 and s10 plus that just launched. That’s why the s10 is a flop.

992f97b8895276b34ba4612350b6bee6.jpg

Ps. I wouldn’t bring up Huawei they pretty much cloned the iPhone X with their p20 and p30, and they also cloned the iPhone 6 before that. And that mate 20, that’s basically an Apple Watch stuck on it’s the back, they can’t stop copying apple. Doesn’t really matter much anyway since Huawei sold less than 3 million units of the mate 20 pro.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
At the end of the day it’s going to boil down to price. The fact that a phone cost over $1000 and can accomplish the basic ( Snapchat,Facebook,Instagram,bubble pop games) is the reason for sluggish sales for any OEM. I’m a tech nerd since Nextel’s i360 and have learned that price always pushes new technology. We are at a point in tech generation that a device that cost $200 will satisfy 3/4 of the task of a $1000 device. My iPhone XS is not worth $1000 no matter what apple claims, and trust me I’m an apple fanboy. This note 10 has the bells and whistles that could possibly become a tool in my daily life. My iPhone is a stable status symbol that takes great video* with ease, will it be worth it to trade in my symbol for a tool?

*(limited to only 64gb minus the 12gb for IOS )

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree. But FFR believes that anything that has modern internals, an all screen design or a vertical camera design is an iPhone X copy.

Your confusing modern internals with a “stacked logic” board, which the note 10 copied two years later, from the iPhone X.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357171/apples-iphone-x-packs-in-a-super-dense-logic-board

That’s why I ifixit called it a iPhone X style board, that’s where they first saw it being used in a phone, same with nvme storage.

Even the camera from the note 10 and s10 is basically the same camera tech from the s7.

Were initial Android devices iPhone copies? Yes. Now? Definitely not...

Where have you been?

https://bgr.com/2018/03/06/iphone-x-vs-android-notch-copycats-good-lord-so-many/

Android oem basically copied the notch and the vertical camera, they couldn’t copy Face ID though.

The iPhone X design people hated is now being copied by Android phone makers
https://bgr.com/2018/02/01/iphone-x-review-android-copy-design-lol/

Android devices have progressed a lot (both software and hardware wise) and are a long way off from being iPhone copies.

Sure android q is basically google catching up to the iPhone gestures and privacy settings, even though privacy settings on iOS 13 is still unmatched. Maybe next year .

and google is bringing dark mode, you know because apple is doing it. Remember when google got rid of dark mode so the pixel could look more like an iPhone, full circle.

Android Q’s new gestures were ripped off from the iPhone X.
https://bgr.com/2019/05/08/iphone-vs-android-q-gestures-copied-iphone-x/

It’s actually funny.
090e0553a7f440f346678d8abc6952c2.jpg

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
At the end of the day it’s going to boil down to price. The fact that a phone cost over $1000 and can accomplish the basic ( Snapchat,Facebook,Instagram,bubble pop games) is the reason for sluggish sales for any OEM. I’m a tech nerd since Nextel’s i360 and have learned that price always pushes new technology. We are at a point in tech generation that a device that cost $200 will satisfy 3/4 of the task of a $1000 device. My iPhone XS is not worth $1000 no matter what apple claims, and trust me I’m an apple fanboy. This note 10 has the bells and whistles that could possibly become a tool in my daily life. My iPhone is a stable status symbol that takes great video* with ease, will it be worth it to trade in my symbol for a tool?

*(limited to only 64gb minus the 12gb for IOS )

My 64 GB iPhone XR only takes around 6.77 GB for System.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox