Nah, I might just stick with my iPhone
    08-22-2019 08:35 PM
    I already have a Note 9 stashed away to use when I get my android itch!!! That’s enough for me.
    08-22-2019 08:59 PM
    Yes, I definitely will. My daily driver is still the iPhone X, but I use my OnePlus 6T more than I thought I would. Which lead me to give Samsung another chance, since my last Korean device was the Note 3. And I loved it and used SPen a lot. So, in a few days, I'll be exchanging my 6T for a Note 10 Plus and adopting it as my daily driver. When Apple makes an iPhone that catches my eye again, than I'll consider come back.
    08-22-2019 09:00 PM
    Not interested at all.

No idea why Samsung believes copying the iPhone X design 2 years later will help them with sales.

Note 10 is going to flop harder than the s10.
    08-23-2019 05:48 AM
    Not interested at all.

No idea why Samsung believes copying the iPhone X design 2 years later will help them with sales.

Note 10 is going to flop harder than the s10.
    The S10 sold and is selling well, significantly better than the S9, and that’s in the face of a downturn in the industry. I don’t see how the Note 10 is copying the iPhone X’s design...the hole-punch is very different from the notch. The Note 10 has sharper corners than the iPhone X and has a quad camera system instead of dual. The Note 10 isn’t going to sell extremely well but is a long way from flopping.

You really should get an eye-test.

Switching to NOTE10???-b5f4d342-ee2d-461a-922c-f743616ef34a.jpeg
    vimagreg and Smply_Rckless like this.
    08-23-2019 06:05 AM
    Don’t they all look slightly similar these days? Basically rectangles filled with screen on the front, some sort of notch toward the top, and a camera bump on the back near the top.
    I agree that earlier Galaxy models looked very much like iPhones but everyone has evolved and now everyone is copying everyone else.
    Unless you’re a nerd hanging out on tech forums like we are you probably can’t tell the difference between an iPhone, Galaxy or any other smartphone at quick glance, ESPECIALLY if it’s in a case. iPhone lost its home button, it’s only truly identifying feature, and now they all look basically the same.
    scruffypig and Annie_8plus like this.
    08-23-2019 06:13 AM
    The S10 sold and is selling significantly better than the S9, and that’s in the face of a downturn in the industry. I don’t see how the Note 10 is copying the iPhone X’s design...the hole-punch is very different from the notch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5F4D342-EE2D-461A-922C-F743616EF34A.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	761.3 KB 
ID:	126713
    The s9 was a huge failure last year for Samsung. That device did not sell.

Pre sales not sales, big difference.
    4 s10 Models selling 12% more in presale vs 2 s9 variants is rather pathetic and can’t be considered better let alone “significantly better”.

Sales s10 completely collapsed after presales, Samsung even disclosed that their financials last quarter

It’s pretty blatant.

Samsung not only copied the pill shaped camera but the location as well.

Here is the note 9

Samsung even is copying the iPhone X internals.

grover5 likes this.
    08-23-2019 06:26 AM
    The s9 was a huge failure last year for Samsung. That device did not sell.

Pre sales not sales, big difference.
    4 s10 Models selling 12% more in presale vs 2 s9 variants is rather pathetic and can’t be considered better let alone “significantly better”.

Sales s10 completely collapsed after presales, Samsung even disclosed that their financials last quarter

[IMG=900x854]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/593175c8bb9f6ba332b5614c2cb6abc9.jpg[/url].

It’s pretty blatant.

[IMG=1746x900]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/02af8e1618318241201ae6ff9629e580.jpg[/url]

Samsung not only copied the pill shaped camera but the location as well.

Here is the note 9
    [IMG=1527x734]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/b7ac471c435023cd6b6ba000ab6073c6.jpg[/url]

Samsung even is copying the iPhone X internals.

[IMG=620x1575]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/f48ef644655c621a69c9e118321de8d2.jpg[/url]
    You got that from a company called ‘iFixit’. And there’s only so many ways you can place a camera on a phone. I’d hardly call that a copy. Selling tens/hundreds of millions of phones is hardly a flop. The note 10 looks nothing like the XS. And on the subject of copy designs, the iPhone 11’s square camera module is a copy of the Mate 20 Pro’s (ironic since Huawei came up with an original design that Apple is going to copy lol)

The iPhone XS didn’t sell well either:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...aster-mistake/

In this case we’re both not going to convince the other.
    08-23-2019 06:42 AM
    Don’t they all look slightly similar these days? Basically rectangles filled with screen on the front, some sort of notch toward the top, and a camera bump on the back near the top.
    I agree that earlier Galaxy models looked very much like iPhones but everyone has evolved and now everyone is copying everyone else.
    Unless you’re a nerd hanging out on tech forums like we are you probably can’t tell the difference between an iPhone, Galaxy or any other smartphone at quick glance, ESPECIALLY if it’s in a case. iPhone lost its home button, it’s only truly identifying feature, and now they all look basically the same.
    I agree. But FFR believes that anything that has modern internals, an all screen design or a vertical camera design is an iPhone X copy. Were initial Android devices iPhone copies? Yes. Now? Definitely not...Android devices have progressed a lot (both software and hardware wise) and are a long way off from being iPhone copies.
    08-23-2019 06:45 AM
    You got that from a company called ‘iFixit’. .
    Yes I fixit takes apart a bunch of flagships every year, they should know.

And there’s only so many ways you can place a camera on a phone. I’d hardly call that a copy.
    Looks like a copy to me pretty blatant one.

Selling tens/hundreds of millions of phones is hardly a flop. The note 10 looks nothing like the XS. And on the subject of copy designs,
    That’s the thing note 9 didn’t sell that much and the note 10 is predicted to sell even less.

Looks like a copy to me.

The iPhone XS didn’t sell well either:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...aster-mistake/

In this case we’re both not going to convince the other.

Actually according to apple financials, iPhones sold 28 billion dollars last quarter.

You think 28 billion didn’t sell well?

How much did Samsung mobile sell last quarter, here is a hint, much much much less.

The year old iPhone XS Max was the third best selling phone last quarter ahead of the s10 and s10 plus that just launched. That’s why the s10 is a flop.

Ps. I wouldn’t bring up Huawei they pretty much cloned the iPhone X with their p20 and p30, and they also cloned the iPhone 6 before that. And that mate 20, that’s basically an Apple Watch stuck on it’s the back, they can’t stop copying apple. Doesn’t really matter much anyway since Huawei sold less than 3 million units of the mate 20 pro.
    Annie_8plus and grover5 like this.
    08-23-2019 07:21 AM
    Jesus, I thought this kind of fanatism and blind minded view of the world was a think of the past.
    tr1ad and Smply_Rckless like this.
    08-23-2019 08:27 AM
    At the end of the day it’s going to boil down to price. The fact that a phone cost over $1000 and can accomplish the basic ( Snapchat,Facebook,Instagram,bubble pop games) is the reason for sluggish sales for any OEM. I’m a tech nerd since Nextel’s i360 and have learned that price always pushes new technology. We are at a point in tech generation that a device that cost $200 will satisfy 3/4 of the task of a $1000 device. My iPhone XS is not worth $1000 no matter what apple claims, and trust me I’m an apple fanboy. This note 10 has the bells and whistles that could possibly become a tool in my daily life. My iPhone is a stable status symbol that takes great video* with ease, will it be worth it to trade in my symbol for a tool?

*(limited to only 64gb minus the 12gb for IOS )
    08-23-2019 08:49 AM
    I agree. But FFR believes that anything that has modern internals, an all screen design or a vertical camera design is an iPhone X copy.
    Your confusing modern internals with a “stacked logic” board, which the note 10 copied two years later, from the iPhone X.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357171/ap...se-logic-board

That’s why I ifixit called it a iPhone X style board, that’s where they first saw it being used in a phone, same with nvme storage.

Even the camera from the note 10 and s10 is basically the same camera tech from the s7.

Were initial Android devices iPhone copies? Yes. Now? Definitely not...
    Where have you been?

https://bgr.com/2018/03/06/iphone-x-...-lord-so-many/

Android oem basically copied the notch and the vertical camera, they couldn’t copy Face ID though.

The iPhone X design people hated is now being copied by Android phone makers
    https://bgr.com/2018/02/01/iphone-x-...py-design-lol/

Android devices have progressed a lot (both software and hardware wise) and are a long way off from being iPhone copies.
    Sure android q is basically google catching up to the iPhone gestures and privacy settings, even though privacy settings on iOS 13 is still unmatched. Maybe next year .

and google is bringing dark mode, you know because apple is doing it. Remember when google got rid of dark mode so the pixel could look more like an iPhone, full circle.

Android Q’s new gestures were ripped off from the iPhone X.
    https://bgr.com/2019/05/08/iphone-vs...pied-iphone-x/

It’s actually funny.
    08-23-2019 08:49 AM
    At the end of the day it’s going to boil down to price. The fact that a phone cost over $1000 and can accomplish the basic ( Snapchat,Facebook,Instagram,bubble pop games) is the reason for sluggish sales for any OEM. I’m a tech nerd since Nextel’s i360 and have learned that price always pushes new technology. We are at a point in tech generation that a device that cost $200 will satisfy 3/4 of the task of a $1000 device. My iPhone XS is not worth $1000 no matter what apple claims, and trust me I’m an apple fanboy. This note 10 has the bells and whistles that could possibly become a tool in my daily life. My iPhone is a stable status symbol that takes great video* with ease, will it be worth it to trade in my symbol for a tool?

*(limited to only 64gb minus the 12gb for IOS )
    My 64 GB iPhone XR only takes around 6.77 GB for System.
    08-23-2019 01:38 PM
    Nope, thanks. I am perfectly fine with my Apple
    08-23-2019 08:38 PM
    Your confusing modern internals with a “stacked logic” board, which the note 10 copied two years later, from the iPhone X.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357171/ap...se-logic-board

That’s why I ifixit called it a iPhone X style board, that’s where they first saw it being used in a phone, same with nvme storage.

Even the camera from the note 10 and s10 is basically the same camera tech from the s7.

Where have you been?

https://bgr.com/2018/03/06/iphone-x-...-lord-so-many/

Android oem basically copied the notch and the vertical camera, they couldn’t copy Face ID though.

The iPhone X design people hated is now being copied by Android phone makers
    https://bgr.com/2018/02/01/iphone-x-...py-design-lol/

Sure android q is basically google catching up to the iPhone gestures and privacy settings, even though privacy settings on iOS 13 is still unmatched. Maybe next year .

and google is bringing dark mode, you know because apple is doing it. Remember when google got rid of dark mode so the pixel could look more like an iPhone, full circle.

Android Q’s new gestures were ripped off from the iPhone X.
    https://bgr.com/2019/05/08/iphone-vs...pied-iphone-x/

It’s actually funny.
    [IMG=1200x1046]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/090e0553a7f440f346678d8abc6952c2.jpg[/url]
    If you read BGR then I cannot take you seriously XD
    08-26-2019 10:51 AM
    If you read BGR then I cannot take you seriously XD
    Yes you said the same thing about ifixit in an earlier post when referencing the stacked iPhone X like logic board.

Is that what you say when you can’t refute the points made. XD
    grover5 likes this.
    08-27-2019 08:11 AM
    Yes you said the same thing about ifixit in an earlier post when referencing the stacked iPhone X like logic board.

Is that what you say when you can’t refute the points made. XD
    What I say is my humble and honest opinion. You may think what you like. You just keep repeating the same things over again and it’s mind-boggling.
    08-27-2019 08:15 AM
    What I say is my humble and honest opinion. You may think what you like. You just keep repeating the same things over again and it’s mind-boggling.
    Sure is, but I did post data to back what I claimed, which you were unable to refute. To me that’s completely mind-boggling.
    08-27-2019 08:39 AM
    Sure is, but I did post data to back what I claimed, which you were unable to refute. To me that’s completely mind-boggling.
    Here we go again

I can’t be bothered to argue with you on multiple threads...not worth my time as I have better things to do. If you really want to talk then do it on the other thread but seriously, you seem incapable of letting an argument go. If tiring out the person who disagrees is your secret strategy to end arguments to your satisfaction then well done, good strategy XD

End of discussion....goodbye and have a good day.
    08-27-2019 08:42 AM
    Here we go again

I can’t be bothered to argue with you on multiple threads...not worth my time as I have better things to do. If you really want to talk then do it on the other thread but seriously, you seem incapable of letting an argument go. If tiring out the person who disagrees is your secret strategy to end arguments to your satisfaction then well done, good strategy XD

End of discussion....goodbye and have a good day.
    You quoted my post, #29 .

I can see why you don’t want to continue the discussion here.
    Everyone makes mistakes, it’s preferable to admit so instead of doubling down on your wild theories.
    MasterDarque and grover5 like this.
    08-27-2019 09:07 AM
    I've made the switch for my work device and it works great. When I worked for Verizon Wireless I had a few customers who made the switch and none had any complaints.
    i am actually enjoying both note 10 plus and iPhone.
    Jamie Wooten and Golurk like this.
    08-31-2019 07:41 PM
    I’m considering doing the same thing and rock both.
    SuperLeakTX likes this.
    09-01-2019 08:11 PM
    I’m considering doing the same thing and rock both.
    Man, I enjoy my Note 10 Plus more
    Golurk likes this.
    09-01-2019 09:29 PM
    That's the best way so you can enjoy the best both Android and ios have to offer. I am waiting to purchase a Note 10+ or Pixel 4 XL.
    09-02-2019 05:33 AM
56 123