I came back from the Galaxy Note 9

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
People who know me from here and Android central know I’ve been back and forth between iPhone and android for years. I recently thought I was totally settled into my brand new windows PC and my Galaxy Note 9. Thought I had gotten off the ride. One day I got bored and turned on my gold 64gb iPhone XS and fell in love all over again. I’d sold my iMac, but I still had my 6th Gen iPad 9.7. So...... I sold my new windows PC ( it was super laggy by the way), I moved out of my Galaxy Note 9, gave it to my husband, and fully reimmersed myself into my iPhone and iPad. I changed all my accounts back to my iCloud email, and here I am. I’m hoping you guys will welcome me back and forgive my obsessive indecision lol. It’s really true what they say, ( They always come back) lol. I can say with utter certainty this time that the grass wasn’t greener, and I’m back to stay. I will no longer question my decision, I’m home. I always have a pretty messy experience on Android. What ran me off for good this time was some malware/adware, having no clue things had been installed on my phone that were stealing my data. This particular adware got into my Chrome bookmark passwords and attempted to get into my bank account, signed into my Hulu from Pakistan, among other things. My bank has had to send me new debit cards more than once for some unknown security reasons, always when I’m on Android. So, I’ve about had enough, it ran me off for good this time. I’m not even looking in that direction anymore, I will not get phone envy whenever I see someone with a slick looking android device because I will remember my bad experiences and I will remember how much safer I feel on my Apple devices. So it’s great to be back. I will still read things on Android Central but I’d like to call iMore home if you’ll have me back. Quick question, do you guys think even people with poor credit have a shot at the Apple Card? And when in the summer do you think it could become available.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back and along with other folks out there have switched back and forth a few times myself.

I still have a Blackberry Key2 which I use from time to time and will always have a loyalty to the brand.

I have always preferred IOS and Mac OS over the PC and Android platforms because they are simple, straightforward and just work.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys. I feel like a crazy person switching all the time but I swear to god I’m here to stay this time. I learned my lesson. Apple is home for me it really is. I’m so excited for WWDC tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I used to love android. Switched to the 6s+ after the note 7 fires than after my 8+ I went to android for maybe 2 months it didn’t last I bought an 8 and now am on the Xs!
I will say if blackberry could bring back blackberry OS I’m sorry but that is my home. I just need a good camera and a few apps.

But one thing I will say is with iPhone I never feel like I NEED to upgrade at all.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back

I also like the sleek designs of some Android devices but security has always been my main concern and with the up and coming iOS 13 I will be more secure

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys. I feel like a crazy person switching all the time but I swear to god I’m here to stay this time. I learned my lesson. Apple is home for me it really is. I’m so excited for WWDC tomorrow!!!!!!!!

I think I’m more crazy than you so don’t feel alone. I’ve gone back and forth for years now and still can’t settle. I remember when you were on the Note 9 forums on AC and I had a note 9 for about a week. I always come back to iOS but like you I always felt like the grass is greener on Android. As a tech junkie there isn’t much exciting things with iOS and Apple as a whole. Everything is so unaffordable these days with Apple. I do get why people stay with Apple and always come back though. I just get so bored!

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I think I’m more crazy than you so don’t feel alone. I’ve gone back and forth for years now and still can’t settle. I remember when you were on the Note 9 forums on AC and I had a note 9 for about a week. I always come back to iOS but like you I always felt like the grass is greener on Android. As a tech junkie there isn’t much exciting things with iOS and Apple as a whole. Everything is so unaffordable these days with Apple. I do get why people stay with Apple and always come back though. I just get so bored!

Thank you. Yes I too kept feeling like Android was more fun and it is but I feel like I’m home to stay this time. Gonna order another iMac end of the month and I’m even getting a Series 4 Apple Watch. I’m also hoping to get approved for an Apple Card. That’ll lock me in which will stop me from switching. That’s the only reason I want it lol.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Yes I too kept feeling like Android was more fun and it is but I feel like I’m home to stay this time. Gonna order another iMac end of the month and I’m even getting a Series 4 Apple Watch. I’m also hoping to get approved for an Apple Card. That’ll lock me in which will stop me from switching. That’s the only reason I want it lol.

Haha. Apple does an excellent job at locking people in. I think the Apple watch is the number one thing that has kept me from sticking to Android. There isn't a comparable Android watch. I have the series 4, it's the best apple watch yet. You have to get it!

The grass is greener with certain things. But overall the apple ecosystem is what keeps me coming back.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Haha. Apple does an excellent job at locking people in. I think the Apple watch is the number one thing that has kept me from sticking to Android. There isn't a comparable Android watch. I have the series 4, it's the best apple watch yet. You have to get it!

The grass is greener with certain things. But overall the apple ecosystem is what keeps me coming back.

That’s kinda what I was saying to a friend the other day. The grass just wasn’t greener and the security and pristine ecosystem have me hooked. I’m home to stay. Totally getting that watch now LOL!!!!! Thanks!

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I would love for Apple to make an iPhone Pro model. Like a huge phone with iPad features. I was really hoping for split screen or picture in picture with the iOS 13 announcements. Nada. Maybe we will be in for some surprises with the announcement of the new iPhones in September. Maybe that’ll bring something unexpected.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome back @Auronda40! It's good to have you back. As far as your going back and forth between Apple Android, you have nothing to apologize for! I always find value in reading the experiences of others as they explore other options.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I would love for Apple to make an iPhone Pro model. Like a huge phone with iPad features. I was really hoping for split screen or picture in picture with the iOS 13 announcements. Nada. Maybe we will be in for some surprises with the announcement of the new iPhones in September. Maybe that’ll bring something unexpected.

Well this is what disappoints me every year with Apple. They have their ecosystem and security which is great, but their features are so lacking and behind. Now that dark mode is coming out everyone thinks it will be the best thing ever. I don't even consider dark mode a feature! I want Picture in picture and to be able to move my icons where I want them to be! Another year of "refinements" to the OS. Just always a let down to me and then I need to pay $1,000 for a new phone with those same "features"

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Welcome back @Auronda40! It's good to have you back. As far as your going back and forth between Apple Android, you have nothing to apologize for! I always find value in reading the experiences of others as they explore other options.

Thanks Annie!!! I am with 100% certainty that I won’t be switching away from Apple anymore. I’ve done it too many times and always come home. I know I’ve said I was done switching before but I’m positive this time. I just realized I don’t need tweeting and tinkering and chaos. I’m perfectly happy with my Apple devices and I’m so glad to be back for life.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Well this is what disappoints me every year with Apple. They have their ecosystem and security which is great, but their features are so lacking and behind. Now that dark mode is coming out everyone thinks it will be the best thing ever. I don't even consider dark mode a feature! I want Picture in picture and to be able to move my icons where I want them to be! Another year of "refinements" to the OS. Just always a let down to me and then I need to pay $1,000 for a new phone with those same "features"

I know. Every year I watch the keynotes with my fingers crossed waiting to hear Craig announce split screen or PIP for iPhone. I let out a sigh of dissatisfaction after he exits the stage every time and say to myself, ugh maybe next year. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said out loud, maybe next year lol. That’s what usually makes me run back to android. For those features. But this time I said I’ve got an iPad that does all that. Why switch back and forth. I’ll just use the iPad for the stuff I’m missing on android. Really happy with the Swype keyboard coming though!!! Thank god for that! Needed that!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I know. Every year I watch the keynotes with my fingers crossed waiting to hear Craig announce split screen or PIP for iPhone. I let out a sigh of dissatisfaction after he exits the stage every time and say to myself, ugh maybe next year. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said out loud, maybe next year lol. That’s what usually makes me run back to android. For those features. But this time I said I’ve got an iPad that does all that. Why switch back and forth. I’ll just use the iPad for the stuff I’m missing on android. Really happy with the Swype keyboard coming though!!! Thank god for that! Needed that!

Well that's another thing! The Swype keyboard that has been on Android for about a decade! Took Apple this long for that. I've been using Gboard on iOS for years now. I need swype

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
It’s great to be able to come here and be amongst people much like myself. I’m glad to be back to stay. This is a great forum.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Soooooo...... I traded my XS in for a 256gb iPhone gold 8 Plus yesterday. My eyes were killing me with the small screen and I’d been missing my big gold 8 Plus. So I figured last opportunity to own an iPhone with a white front. I really missed the size but I will say I am missing the OLED screen from the XS just not not the small size. We are trying to downsize our bill which is why I didn’t get XS Max. I’m keeping this until next years iPHONE is released and hoping the rumors about a giant iPhone with multitasking features is coming our way. I decided small phones aren’t for me and will always buy the largest iPhone available from now on. Crazy story with me but here I am with another 8 Plus!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR