I’m using an iPhone XS since day one (or day two to be honest)and I use it with an Apple battery case or a Spigen clear case with air cushions protection for everyday usage, and it’s pristine. No scratches, no dents, nothing. I’m going to buy the new iPhone next September, as usual, but nonetheless this XS is going to my wife, most probably, to replace her aging 6S.
    What I don’t like is the feeling of screen protector on it. I have it installed since last October, but I really hate the way it somewhat disrupt the smoothness of the display.
    Is there someone not using a screen protector at all ? Did you have any issue? I mean, people using an iPhone without it installed for months or years without scratches caused by normal usage (I’m quite picky with my devices).
    Thanks in advance for your opinion.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-19-2019 08:25 AM
    Sorry I can't be of service but because I sell the previous year's device to offset the new hotness, I always case and screen protector my devices. Well, save for my Apple watch and iPad.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    05-19-2019 08:55 AM
    I like a naked phone but use a protector because they seem to cut the risk of cracks and shattered with a drop among the many devices we have deployed at work.

There are thin glass protectors that are not expensive. Over time the protectors started including the tricks for good install - tape, cleaning. More recently they've included a fixture to help line them up.

Both the iCarez and Trianium brand have been inexpensive and include 2-3 sheets of the glass. Even if they break or get cracked edges, it doesn't take long to replace them and do it as well or better than the people in phone or Apple Store locations.
    05-20-2019 08:38 AM
    I'm not brave enough to have run around with a naked phone!
    05-20-2019 08:55 AM
    To be honest here, I started with a screen protector on my XS, but I took it off after a month and have been naked ever since.

I always keep my iPhone in a Apple OEM Leather Case since the 5 series. So far no issues with scratches or damage to the screen.

Knock on wood, but I also take very good care of my devices.
    05-21-2019 07:26 PM
    I don’t use a screen protector or case on my XS & it’s perfect! I’m honestly not sure when the last time I used a screen protector..it’s definitely been some years. I think the 5 or 5S might have been the last time. IMO, The screen feels much better without.
    05-23-2019 09:59 PM
    I haven’t really used a screen protector in some time. I use cases just because the phones are so slick.
    05-23-2019 10:09 PM
    I use the belkin tempered glass that they install with a machine at the apple store. I had apple install mine on launch day and it’s still on there. Feels just like the glass screen to me. $39 is well worth protecting the screen of my $1149+ tax phone.
    05-26-2019 11:16 AM
    I just ordered mine off amazon! It had great reviews. I just got the Xs yesterday so I’m getting the glass today and have a tech 21 case on it now!
    05-26-2019 12:53 PM
    I got a (Belkin ?) screen protector with my XS when I got it from Apple, it’s been fine. I am very likely to jam my phone into a pocket full of tools or screws so it makes sense to me.
    05-28-2019 08:35 AM
    I never liked them either, but I got a Thethys full screen protector (had to be full coverage, hate those gaps) and I have liked it enough to leave it for several months now. I forget it's there. Best one I've ever used!
    05-31-2019 10:38 PM
    I took my screen protector off my X and it feels good just being more careful of where I put it and make sure it’s in an empty pocket

Wondering if I go to a nudist beach will I also take the case off my X as well
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-01-2019 09:55 AM
    I like a naked phone but i use Clear Coat orignal full protection
    06-15-2019 05:58 AM
    Belkin Temp glass is to much money for nothing special.In market there is better and cheaper than belkin.
    06-17-2019 10:49 PM
    I let my phone go without a screen protector for a few weeks and as much as I like it that also started some micro scratches I see and one scratch in the glass.
    07-11-2019 06:33 AM