Trade in and save big📱:Get an iPhone 11 for free
    I’ve had my case since launch and I love it. A few months ago my case wouldn’t charge fully to 100% every 4-5 charges. Then it became every other charge. Now it doesn’t fully charge, it gets to 77% and stops. When I charge it alone the light will either turn off or it just stays orange and when I plug in my XS it says the case it at 77%. When I have my case on and I’m charging both the case and XS over night when I wake up the phone is at 100% but the case just gets to 77%.

I’m going to have to take it in to the Genius Bar and have them look at it but I know they’re going to have to see the issue and have it replicated so I guess I’m going to have to walk in with my case at 77% and phone at 100% so they can see it doesn’t go any further. Really sucks because there’s always that chance that it’ll charge to 100% when I get tot he Genius Bar
    02-28-2019 06:48 AM
    I’ve had my case since launch and I love it. A few months ago my case wouldn’t charge fully to 100% every 4-5 charges. Then it became every other charge. Now it doesn’t fully charge, it gets to 77% and stops. When I charge it alone the light will either turn off or it just stays orange and when I plug in my XS it says the case it at 77%. When I have my case on and I’m charging both the case and XS over night when I wake up the phone is at 100% but the case just gets to 77%.

I’m going to have to take it in to the Genius Bar and have them look at it but I know they’re going to have to see the issue and have it replicated so I guess I’m going to have to walk in with my case at 77% and phone at 100% so they can see it doesn’t go any further. Really sucks because there’s always that chance that it’ll charge to 100% when I get tot he Genius Bar
    I'm glad you are taking it to the Genius Bar and hope that your case/phone behave accordingly so that you can get the issue taken care of! Good luck and please keep us posted on how you do!
    02-28-2019 08:35 AM
    I used to have this stupid problem charging overnight with a lightning cable with an iPhone 7 and smart battery case. It was just something that would happen and even after a couple of replacements it was the same thing.

With the XS Max I just place my device with the phone on a wireless charging pad overnight and it hasn't failed to charge both devices to 100% by morning. Not one time.
    03-04-2019 03:42 PM
    I used to have this stupid problem charging overnight with a lightning cable with an iPhone 7 and smart battery case. It was just something that would happen and even after a couple of replacements it was the same thing.

With the XS Max I just place my device with the phone on a wireless charging pad overnight and it hasn't failed to charge both devices to 100% by morning. Not one time.
    Interesting, I don’t own a wireless charger so I’ll try that before going to the Genius Bar. Thanks
    03-04-2019 03:51 PM
    So after about 4 days of going back and forth with Apple on my situation they’ve determined that my case is acting the way it is due to a manufacturer’s defect and they approved a replacement device. I can finally see that beautiful GREEN light that I’ve missed so much.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-13-2019 07:32 PM
    I downloaded iOS 13 public beta on a secondary device and starting reading up on the new features and I see that there is an option to turn optimized battery charging because according to CNET leaving your battery charging at 100% for extended periods of time is not good for battery health. Is this confirmed by Apple? Did they know and not warn us? I usuallly charge my phone overnight because this way iCloud can do its thing overnight. Thoughts?
    06-26-2019 04:00 AM
    I downloaded iOS 13 public beta on a secondary device and starting reading up on the new features and I see that there is an option to turn optimized battery charging because according to CNET leaving your battery charging at 100% for extended periods of time is not good for battery health. Is this confirmed by Apple? Did they know and not warn us? I usuallly charge my phone overnight because this way iCloud can do its thing overnight. Thoughts?[IMG=1125x1118]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190626/ee10b0c6265c32d4408a4fe013880612.jpg[/url]
    Only time would tell I think. Very soon a news outlet will report if it's true I'm sure.
    07-04-2019 08:41 PM
    Hoping this turns out to be a 'specific case issue' and a replacement case solves the problem for good!
    I also hope that this opens a discussion about the merits & pitfalls, folly or wisdom, of 'full time charging' as is the case with many cases that 'do what they are designed to to do' , keeping the phone fully charged. I guess we are guilty of somewhat the same as we have by habit always charged phones every night, overnight and topped up as required with cable. Now with wireless it's that much easier and haven't seen a battery below 75% for months. My 8Plus is new ( a month) but my wife's is now a year & a half, always charged overnight and regularily the day, light to moderate use, Battery Health still 100% and performing like brand new. I'm glad to see a comment about overnight charging also allowing for predictable iCloud back-up. We have done the overnight and generous charging routines since Blackberry, then 4s, 6Plus, 7Plus as well. We have maintained the 'keep-em-charged' protocol also because we have frequent power interruptions & black-outs here and when that happens the national grid or portions of it can be down for minutes to hours at a time..Being an old pilot who 'backs up his backups' I also keep the PowerBrick ( Allpowers- 15600 mAh) fully charged 'just in case'
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-05-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    07-05-2019 07:24 AM
    how many charging circle it has?
    08-22-2019 08:46 PM