Just got my Xs and tried pairing it with my Kenwood DNX891HD car stereo, with no success. I tried restarting both, but no luck.
    My 6 Plus worked fine for years. Is there a fix coming? Being a legal issue, I'd think it would be a priority.
    02-23-2019 03:28 PM
    Just got my Xs and tried pairing it with my Kenwood DNX891HD car stereo, with no success. I tried restarting both, but no luck.
    My 6 Plus worked fine for years. Is there a fix coming? Being a legal issue, I'd think it would be a priority.
    I don’t see a reason why it should not pair with the car stereo, especially when Bluetooth 5.0 is backward compatible. With that being said, is the firmware up to date?
    02-23-2019 05:04 PM
    In your car stereo, make sure you have an empty slot to pair a new device to.

My car stereo only allows 5 devices to be paired to it and I have to delete 1 before I can pair another device to it.

Oh, and I’m not sure what you mean with ‘legal issue’
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-23-2019 05:04 PM
    I'll make sure I have space for the device. I have to try some other things as well, that I've seen online. Many other folks have had the same issues and still do, so at least I'm not alone. Just a bummer.
    02-23-2019 06:06 PM
    I'll make sure I have space for the device. I have to try some other things as well, that I've seen online. Many other folks have had the same issues and still do, so at least I'm not alone. Just a bummer.
    If your previous iPhone was connected to that car stereo and you restored from a backup to the new iPhone, chance is that the car stereo still appears in Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices.
    Make sure to Forget the car stereo from there too before trying to pair.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 02-23-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Laura Knotek and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-23-2019 06:29 PM