Smart battery case impact on battery health

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've had my smart battery case since 1/29 and use it as my daily case. I've had my iPhone Xs since October and my battery health % was at 99% prior to the smart battery case. I checked 2 days ago, battery health is still at 99% and then today the battery health has dropped to 95%.

I did the same thing with my iPhone 7 and that smart battery case and notice no issues on the battery health.

I have seen this has become a thing for some users with the smart battery case. Has anyone else noticed the case impacting their phones overall battery health?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why do you think it's the smart battery case draining your battery? Have you considered other things that may be doing it? I don't see how it's the case. The case should help you use less of the iPhone's battery. That should actually help you retain more of the battery's life. The smart battery case shouldn't be using any of the phone's battery at all.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
bc4da718362b1399783c7c5b7604dd19.jpg

Because that number circled in green has dropped 4% since the smart battery case has been in use by me.

I get what you're saying about how it should help the phones battery health but the smart battery has been the only change I've made.

I could be crazy

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the smart battery case on my XS Max since it was available, and my battery health is still at 100%.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to make a thread on this. I bought the smart battery case like two week ago. But today I noticed it totally damaged the iPhones battery. I had my XS since launch day at the end of September last year.

Earlier today, my iPhone internal battery was at 95% will connected to the smart battery case. I had to do two reboots on my phone ( turn it off and turn it back on) while connected to the case. My iPhone internal battery like is now down to 92% in a matter of mins.

I noticed when I turned my phone of and on while connected to the case, there would be like this weird flash of a static like line at the start up screen. It was a blink and you miss it type deal. But it only happened while connected to this case.

I am bummed Apple hasn’t addressed this issue. One of their accessories is damaging phone batteries.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I was just going to make a thread on this. I bought the smart battery case like two week ago. But today I noticed it totally damaged the iPhones battery. I had my XS since launch day at the end of September last year.

Earlier today, my iPhone internal battery was at 95% will connected to the smart battery case. I had to do two reboots on my phone ( turn it off and turn it back on) while connected to the case. My iPhone internal battery like is now down to 92% in a matter of mins.

I noticed when I turned my phone of and on while connected to the case, there would be like this weird flash of a static like line at the start up screen. It was a blink and you miss it type deal. But it only happened while connected to this case.

I am bummed Apple hasn’t addressed this issue. One of their accessories is damaging phone batteries.

My battery health has been stable since my original post. I actually am working to get a genius bar appointment to address the phone not being charged by the battery case. It's happened on 6 occasions now since I've had the case in a month and half.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not that I need a battery case for my Xs Max with my current lifestyle, however this information concerning possible excessive battery wear while using Apple's Smart Battery case is good to know.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Not that I need a battery case for my Xs Max with my current lifestyle, however this information concerning possible excessive battery wear while using Apple's Smart Battery case is good to know.

It's good to be an informed consumer, most certainly, but don't let it spook you off from trying something new either.

I had a smart battery case on my iPhone 7 for over a year and half daily and had no ill effects whatsoever ever on that phones battery life. This new one is just having some hiccups I'm looking to get addressed.

I hope that helps.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's good to be an informed consumer, most certainly, but don't let it spook you off from trying something new either.

I had a smart battery case on my iPhone 7 for over a year and half daily and had no ill effects whatsoever ever on that phones battery life. This new one is just having some hiccups I'm looking to get addressed.

I hope that helps.

Nah, it's not going to spook me off from trying new things, but it will make me aware of certain thing to look for or research. I've been doing this tech thing for awhile now and trust me, my bank account wish I would be spooked off....LOL

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a thread here on how my smart battery case wouldn’t charge to 100%, it would only get as high as 77% so I called Apple for support and the person on the other end said I shouldn’t be using my case on my iPhone every day, when I asked why not they said “well, I mean I wouldn’t because your iPhone is always charging”. I opted for an in store pickup of my replacement smart battery case and when I told them that at the Genios Bar they laughed and said that person didn’t know what they were talking about. Makes me think that maybe they knew something we (the public) didn’t know

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The battery case itself isn’t an issue, but keeping the battery always at 100% isn’t exactly healthy for your battery. I’m using the battery case on my XS, but definitely not every single day. Just when I know I will need it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234