Apple Smart Battery Case for XS now live

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a question...I picked up the smart battery case today, plugged it in separately to charge up, which took about 2-2 1/2 hrs or so. My phone was down to 37% when I put the case on. As soon as my phone connected to the case it started charging my phone...does that sound right? I’m confused on how it’s supposed to function. I thought it’s supposed to use the case battery first...?

EDIT: this earlier post from Alpaca answered my question.

Now if your phone is on say 70% and you slide the case on, then it will charge your phone up to 100% and lose case charge. It’s up to the individual how they choose to use it though based on how they typically charge and wait to recharge.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a question...I picked up the smart battery case today, plugged it in separately to charge up, which took about 2-2 1/2 hrs or so. My phone was down to 37% when I put the case on. As soon as my phone connected to the case it started charging my phone...does that sound right? I’m confused on how it’s supposed to function. I thought it’s supposed to use the case battery first...?

EDIT: this earlier post from Alpaca answered my question.

Yep that's right. It's going to keep your phone charged and deplete the case first, then switch to the phone. So if the case is dead you could take it off and have a full charge on your phone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep that's right. It's going to keep your phone charged and deplete the case first, then switch to the phone. So if the case is dead you could take it off and have a full charge on your phone.

Thanks Robert...if the case goes dead I’ll just leave it on my phone till I turn in for the night and set it on my wireless charger.

So far I like the case...although idk if I’m using my phone a lot, but the case seems to dwindle rather quickly For example, yesterday I took my phone off charge about 7am, by 12/12:30pm the case was down to 64%. I didn’t check my usage at that time so I can’t even gauge if I was really on my phone that much🤪 I guess I was🤷🏻*♀️ I’ll keep better track today and see how it goes.

The only thing I’m having a hard time getting past is how heavy the case is on the phone. I was so used to not using a larger heavier phone (6S+ & 8+) and using minimal cases on my X, that this was like a shock to my hand lol. I did attach a phone loop to the case to help hold the phone better & I’m a big fan of the phone loops-doesn’t add any bulk. (I decided not to put a pop socket on it).

09c3e1b1dd3b8c0816e19afb1b40bd17.jpg

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Robert...if the case goes dead I’ll just leave it on my phone till I turn in for the night and set it on my wireless charger.

So far I like the case...although idk if I’m using my phone a lot, but the case seems to dwindle rather quickly For example, yesterday I took my phone off charge about 7am, by 12/12:30pm the case was down to 64%. I didn’t check my usage at that time so I can’t even gauge if I was really on my phone that much🤪 I guess I was🤷🏻*♀️ I’ll keep better track today and see how it goes.

The only thing I’m having a hard time getting past is how heavy the case is on the phone. I was so used to not using a larger heavier phone (6S+ & 8+) and using minimal cases on my X, that this was like a shock to my hand lol. I did attach a phone loop to the case to help hold the phone better & I’m a big fan of the phone loops-doesn’t add any bulk. (I decided not to put a pop socket on it).

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/09c3e1b1dd3b8c0816e19afb1b40bd17.jpg

Someone posted battery sizes and I believe (don’t quote me on this) but it’s not as big so the battery drains a bit faster.

What are you doing from 7am-12/1230 on your phone? Maybe that could contribute to battery drainage

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/09c3e1b1dd3b8c0816e19afb1b40bd17.jpg

I mean to be at 64% after 5 hours seems a bit off but there are days when my smart battery case is like that bc I'm using it alot. While other days I'm hardly using my phone and can't drain the case to save my life 🤷*♂️. Regardless even to have 64% left halfway through a work day you should in theory be more than fine to get through then evening before the phone battery even kicks in. Just my .02

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted battery sizes and I believe (don’t quote me on this) but it’s not as big so the battery drains a bit faster.
You’re right, the battery on the case is actually a 1,369 mAh.

What are you doing from 7am-12/1230 on your phone? Maybe that could contribute to battery drainage

I use my phone for everything...social media, news blogs, email, financial stuff etc. it depends on how long I have the news on for “background sound” and do stuff on my phone while enjoying my usual 6 cups of morning coffee ☕️ my first 1-1/2 hrs of the morning are on the phone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I mean to be at 64% after 5 hours seems a bit off but there are days when my smart battery case is like that bc I'm using it alot. While other days I'm hardly using my phone and can't drain the case to save my life 🤷*♂️. Regardless even to have 64% left halfway through a work day you should in theory be more than fine to get through then evening before the phone battery even kicks in. Just my .02

Your right, I suppose that’s not horrible. I would make it through the rest of the day on the case itself and my actual phone battery probably wouldn’t kick in till around 6/7pm. I use my phone more in the morning and the later afternoon/Eve than I do in the middle of the day.

So for today, phone & case together came off my wireless charger at 7:15am. Currently my case is at 55% and I’m more than 1/2 way through the day right now.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Your right, I suppose that’s not horrible. I would make it through the rest of the day on the case itself and my actual phone battery probably wouldn’t kick in till around 6/7pm. I use my phone more in the morning and the later afternoon/Eve than I do in the middle of the day.

So for today, phone & case together came off my wireless charger at 7:15am. Currently my case is at 55% and I’m more than 1/2 way through the day right now.

Mine came off the charger at 645 am today and at 415 pm I still have 40% in the case and I've been pretty active with my phone, email, Twitter, some games and streaming busic a bulk of the afternoon via cellular connection. So I'm thrilled with the cases performance.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine came off the charger at 645 am today and at 415 pm I still have 40% in the case and I've been pretty active with my phone, email, Twitter, some games and streaming busic a bulk of the afternoon via cellular connection. So I'm thrilled with the cases performance.

I’m pretty happy with the performance as well...12 hrs later and I have 11% left on the battery case and still a fully charged phone

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have magnetic phone holder in my car which is love using with my regular case. As much as I don’t want to stick a metal square on the back of my battery case I wonder if I do if the magnet will affect the battery or maybe stick the metal square on the top part of the case. Or maybe I’ll have to switch to a different phone mount in my truck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice!
And smart move with not putting the pop socket on it, I think that would hinder your wireless charger effectiveness.

Thx !

As for the pop socket, I actually use the new style of pop sockets called popables. The base stays stuck to the case but you can actually unlock the pop top making it nearly flat and still able to be put on a wireless charger.

I’m happy with the phone loop for now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thx !

As for the pop socket, I actually use the new style of pop sockets called popables. The base stays stuck to the case but you can actually unlock the pop top making it nearly flat and still able to be put on a wireless charger.

I’m happy with the phone loop for now.

I see that they have new ones, pretty cool!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Today is officially 2 weeks I’ve had the battery case. Can I just say how f*cking awesome this case is?!?! Although, I’m sure those of you that have this case already know

But on a serious note...the case battery lasts me 13-15hrs and even then, it’s just down to 5%, some days more like 10 or 15% remaining, obviously depending on how much I use my X.

I don’t have a lot of cases for my X, basically about 5 basic ones. So on just 2 of the days separately I did remove the batt case for a few hours just to change off. I’d make it thru about 3, maybe 5hrs of the day and just put the batt case back on. I really love this case🥰 I’m so glad I invested in one

OH I did also get the white. Let me tell you, it’s as clean as day 1 out of the box. Thx to Robert @robertk328 for the feedback regarding the white silicone case I don’t have a “dirty” job lol but I’m not exactly 100% careful like omg my case LOL but it’s held up

So for some of you still on the fence about this case, definitely well worth the money spent IMHO

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Today is officially 2 weeks I’ve had the battery case. Can I just say how f*cking awesome this case is?!?! Although, I’m sure those of you that have this case already know

But on a serious note...the case battery lasts me 13-15hrs and even then, it’s just down to 5%, some days more like 10 or 15% remaining, obviously depending on how much I use my X.

I don’t have a lot of cases for my X, basically about 5 basic ones. So on just 2 of the days separately I did remove the batt case for a few hours just to change off. I’d make it thru about 3, maybe 5hrs of the day and just put the batt case back on. I really love this case I’m so glad I invested in one

OH I did also get the white. Let me tell you, it’s as clean as day 1 out of the box. Thx to Robert @robertk328 for the feedback regarding the white silicone case I don’t have a “dirty” job lol but I’m not exactly 100% careful like omg my case LOL but it’s held up

So for some of you still on the fence about this case, definitely well worth the money spent IMHO

I love mine. I got the black one but it has been a phone saver a few times already.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. I got the black one but it has been a phone saver a few times already.

Nice
Yeah, I have to say some days I’d use my phone and be down to say 30% by 3/4pm and need to plug in for a bit just to get a bump in battery. Now with the case I never even have to think about charging during the day at all, and just set my phone on wireless charge at night bed time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don’t have a lot of cases for my X, basically about 5 basic ones. So on just 2 of the days separately I did remove the batt case for a few hours just to change off. I’d make it thru about 3, maybe 5hrs of the day and just put the batt case back on. I really love this case?????? I’m so glad I invested in one

Great!! Glad you like it :) Still need to pick one up for the Mrs who loved it on her 6s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR