Apple Smart Battery Case for XS now live

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought, but didn't want to come across as a ****. :)

I’m sorry if it came off that way. I didn’t mean it to be sarcastic. There seemed to be a lot of confusion and misinformation in this thread and just wanted to make sure the correct charging information (per Apple) got out.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I’m sorry if it came off that way. I didn’t mean it to be sarcastic. There seemed to be a lot of confusion and misinformation in this thread and just wanted to make sure the correct charging information (per Apple) got out.

No! Not at all, that wasn't what I meant. I didn't want to come across as a ****, because I can at times. According to my wife. So I'm working on it...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yep once the case is on you don't need to worry about one or the other just go. May have to get one for my Max.

Have had it on my Max since it was released last week. Not returning. It’s the only way I’ll use a case on my iPhone. The beauty of waking up in the morning and taking my phone off my wireless charge pad at bedside and seeing 100% on each battery is just beautiful.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have had it on my Max since it was released last week. Not returning. It’s the only way I’ll use a case on my iPhone. The beauty of waking up in the morning and taking my phone off my wireless charge pad at bedside and seeing 100% on each battery is just beautiful.

It feels great, especially having a full tank at the end of the day.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am just wondering how good it is for battery health on the phone that the battery always is charged to 100%

I had a iPhone X which I sometimes charged to 100% over night but often just topped it up but not to 100%. After six months it still got 100% battery health. My wife that charged her overnight to 100% everyday had 82% when her phones was the same age.

So I love my battery case but am a bit worried about the health of the battery

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am just wondering how good it is for battery health on the phone that the battery always is charged to 100%

I had a iPhone X which I sometimes charged to 100% over night but often just topped it up but not to 100%. After six months it still got 100% battery health. My wife that charged her overnight to 100% everyday had 82% when her phones was the same age.

So I love my battery case but am a bit worried about the health of the battery

I charged my X over night every night from launch day until September when I got my XS. Battery was maybe 96% capacity when I sold it. 82% seems like a bad battery if phone was only 6 months old. That is not normal. With this case being smart, I don’t think apple would release anything that would hinder the life of the battery.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I charged my X over night every night from launch day until September when I got my XS. Battery was maybe 96% capacity when I sold it. 82% seems like a bad battery if phone was only 6 months old. That is not normal. With this case being smart, I don’t think apple would release anything that would hinder the life of the battery.

This. You're better of with an Apple battery case that works with the phone to keep things optimally charged.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Mine's working the exact opposite way. The case drains first, as it keeps the phone at 100 percent.

Looking back over the thread just now and you are (as you already know, correct). Total brain fog on my part. I had explained so many times to friends what makes Apple’s Smart Battery Case different that I got it backwards while typing it here. Thanks for correcting for those in the thread. Sorry to anyone who I confused and held off possibly from buying.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m considering one of these for my X...do any of you have this battery case in white? If so how is it holding up on a daily basis? Does it get dirty easily?

I watched a YouTube vid review and the wife got the white, it was filthy by the end of the day...

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m considering one of these for my X...do any of you have this battery case in white? If so how is it holding up on a daily basis? Does it get dirty easily?

I watched a YouTube vid review and the wife got the white, it was filthy by the end of the day...

My buddy got the white. Unless your fingers are never dirty that thing gets really nasty. Haha. I got the black for my X. Love it and it works great!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My buddy got the white. Unless your fingers are never dirty that thing gets really nasty. Haha. I got the black for my X. Love it and it works great!

Ok thx ! My hands are always clean but I’m thinking on a daily basis even the slightest bit of dust or whatever just doing daily things of what the case could pick up and look dirty.

🤦🏻*♀️I really didn’t want to get a black case so I’ll think about it

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok thx ! My hands are always clean but I’m thinking on a daily basis even the slightest bit of dust or whatever just doing daily things of what the case could pick up and look dirty.

I really didn’t want to get a black case so I’ll think about it

Have used the white silicone for years with no problem. If you're an auto mechanic or a painter you can worry but most everyone else it's a non issue.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
7b6fcde99985b0a20f96d85d09409262.jpg

FINALLY got my hands on one at one of the local Apple stores in my area ! The white case is apparently really popular ! Charging it now and looking forward to trying this out.