I basically consider the case as an extension of the already exisiting battery. They work hand-in-hand.
    yep once the case is on you don't need to worry about one or the other just go. May have to get one for my Max.
    parker5011 likes this.
    01-26-2019 04:24 PM
    yep once the case is on you don't need to worry about one or the other just go. May have to get one for my Max.
    Have had it on my Max since it was released last week. Not returning. It’s the only way I’ll use a case on my iPhone. The beauty of waking up in the morning and taking my phone off my wireless charge pad at bedside and seeing 100% on each battery is just beautiful.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-26-2019 04:28 PM
    Have had it on my Max since it was released last week. Not returning. It’s the only way I’ll use a case on my iPhone. The beauty of waking up in the morning and taking my phone off my wireless charge pad at bedside and seeing 100% on each battery is just beautiful.
    It feels great, especially having a full tank at the end of the day.
    01-27-2019 09:39 AM
    It feels great, especially having a full tank at the end of the day.
    It almost feels weird not to plug in overnight like I’m so used to doing
    01-27-2019 09:43 AM
    I am just wondering how good it is for battery health on the phone that the battery always is charged to 100%

I had a iPhone X which I sometimes charged to 100% over night but often just topped it up but not to 100%. After six months it still got 100% battery health. My wife that charged her overnight to 100% everyday had 82% when her phones was the same age.

So I love my battery case but am a bit worried about the health of the battery
    01-27-2019 01:24 PM
    I am just wondering how good it is for battery health on the phone that the battery always is charged to 100%

I had a iPhone X which I sometimes charged to 100% over night but often just topped it up but not to 100%. After six months it still got 100% battery health. My wife that charged her overnight to 100% everyday had 82% when her phones was the same age.

So I love my battery case but am a bit worried about the health of the battery
    I charged my X over night every night from launch day until September when I got my XS. Battery was maybe 96% capacity when I sold it. 82% seems like a bad battery if phone was only 6 months old. That is not normal. With this case being smart, I don’t think apple would release anything that would hinder the life of the battery.
    01-31-2019 03:03 AM
    I charged my X over night every night from launch day until September when I got my XS. Battery was maybe 96% capacity when I sold it. 82% seems like a bad battery if phone was only 6 months old. That is not normal. With this case being smart, I don’t think apple would release anything that would hinder the life of the battery.
    This. You're better of with an Apple battery case that works with the phone to keep things optimally charged.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-31-2019 06:34 AM
    Mine's working the exact opposite way. The case drains first, as it keeps the phone at 100 percent.
    Looking back over the thread just now and you are (as you already know, correct). Total brain fog on my part. I had explained so many times to friends what makes Apple’s Smart Battery Case different that I got it backwards while typing it here. Thanks for correcting for those in the thread. Sorry to anyone who I confused and held off possibly from buying.
    02-03-2019 06:24 PM
    Well, at least cheaper than earpods...
    libra89 likes this.
    02-06-2019 09:02 PM
    I’m considering one of these for my X...do any of you have this battery case in white? If so how is it holding up on a daily basis? Does it get dirty easily?

I watched a YouTube vid review and the wife got the white, it was filthy by the end of the day...
    02-10-2019 08:45 PM
    I’m considering one of these for my X...do any of you have this battery case in white? If so how is it holding up on a daily basis? Does it get dirty easily?

I watched a YouTube vid review and the wife got the white, it was filthy by the end of the day...
    My buddy got the white. Unless your fingers are never dirty that thing gets really nasty. Haha. I got the black for my X. Love it and it works great!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-10-2019 10:08 PM
    My buddy got the white. Unless your fingers are never dirty that thing gets really nasty. Haha. I got the black for my X. Love it and it works great!
    Ok thx ! My hands are always clean but I’m thinking on a daily basis even the slightest bit of dust or whatever just doing daily things of what the case could pick up and look dirty.

🤦🏻*♀️I really didn’t want to get a black case so I’ll think about it
    02-11-2019 09:04 AM
    Ok thx ! My hands are always clean but I’m thinking on a daily basis even the slightest bit of dust or whatever just doing daily things of what the case could pick up and look dirty.

I really didn’t want to get a black case so I’ll think about it
    Have used the white silicone for years with no problem. If you're an auto mechanic or a painter you can worry but most everyone else it's a non issue.
    02-11-2019 09:16 AM
    Have used the white silicone for years with no problem. If you're an auto mechanic or a painter you can worry but most everyone else it's a non issue.
    Thank you Robert, I’m happy to hear this !! I plan to go to Apple today to check the case out and most likely purchase it
    robertk328 likes this.
    02-11-2019 09:20 AM

FINALLY got my hands on one at one of the local Apple stores in my area ! The white case is apparently really popular ! Charging it now and looking forward to trying this out.
    02-13-2019 02:46 PM
    I have a question...I picked up the smart battery case today, plugged it in separately to charge up, which took about 2-2 1/2 hrs or so. My phone was down to 37% when I put the case on. As soon as my phone connected to the case it started charging my phone...does that sound right? I’m confused on how it’s supposed to function. I thought it’s supposed to use the case battery first...?

EDIT: this earlier post from Alpaca answered my question.

Now if your phone is on say 70% and you slide the case on, then it will charge your phone up to 100% and lose case charge. It’s up to the individual how they choose to use it though based on how they typically charge and wait to recharge.
    Last edited by ThePinkChameleon; 02-13-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    02-13-2019 06:18 PM
    I have a question...I picked up the smart battery case today, plugged it in separately to charge up, which took about 2-2 1/2 hrs or so. My phone was down to 37% when I put the case on. As soon as my phone connected to the case it started charging my phone...does that sound right? I’m confused on how it’s supposed to function. I thought it’s supposed to use the case battery first...?

EDIT: this earlier post from Alpaca answered my question.
    Yep that's right. It's going to keep your phone charged and deplete the case first, then switch to the phone. So if the case is dead you could take it off and have a full charge on your phone.
    Yesterday 06:55 AM
    Yep that's right. It's going to keep your phone charged and deplete the case first, then switch to the phone. So if the case is dead you could take it off and have a full charge on your phone.
    Thanks Robert...if the case goes dead I’ll just leave it on my phone till I turn in for the night and set it on my wireless charger.

So far I like the case...although idk if I’m using my phone a lot, but the case seems to dwindle rather quickly For example, yesterday I took my phone off charge about 7am, by 12/12:30pm the case was down to 64%. I didn’t check my usage at that time so I can’t even gauge if I was really on my phone that much🤪 I guess I was🤷🏻*♀️ I’ll keep better track today and see how it goes.

The only thing I’m having a hard time getting past is how heavy the case is on the phone. I was so used to not using a larger heavier phone (6S+ & 8+) and using minimal cases on my X, that this was like a shock to my hand lol. I did attach a phone loop to the case to help hold the phone better & I’m a big fan of the phone loops-doesn’t add any bulk. (I decided not to put a pop socket on it).

libra89 likes this.
    Yesterday 09:24 AM
    Thanks Robert...if the case goes dead I’ll just leave it on my phone till I turn in for the night and set it on my wireless charger.

So far I like the case...although idk if I’m using my phone a lot, but the case seems to dwindle rather quickly For example, yesterday I took my phone off charge about 7am, by 12/12:30pm the case was down to 64%. I didn’t check my usage at that time so I can’t even gauge if I was really on my phone that much🤪 I guess I was🤷🏻*♀️ I’ll keep better track today and see how it goes.

The only thing I’m having a hard time getting past is how heavy the case is on the phone. I was so used to not using a larger heavier phone (6S+ & 8+) and using minimal cases on my X, that this was like a shock to my hand lol. I did attach a phone loop to the case to help hold the phone better & I’m a big fan of the phone loops-doesn’t add any bulk. (I decided not to put a pop socket on it).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb1b40bd17.jpg
    Someone posted battery sizes and I believe (don’t quote me on this) but it’s not as big so the battery drains a bit faster.

What are you doing from 7am-12/1230 on your phone? Maybe that could contribute to battery drainage
    Yesterday 09:36 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb1b40bd17.jpg
    I mean to be at 64% after 5 hours seems a bit off but there are days when my smart battery case is like that bc I'm using it alot. While other days I'm hardly using my phone and can't drain the case to save my life 🤷*♂️. Regardless even to have 64% left halfway through a work day you should in theory be more than fine to get through then evening before the phone battery even kicks in. Just my .02
    Yesterday 01:53 PM
    Someone posted battery sizes and I believe (don’t quote me on this) but it’s not as big so the battery drains a bit faster.
    You’re right, the battery on the case is actually a 1,369 mAh.

What are you doing from 7am-12/1230 on your phone? Maybe that could contribute to battery drainage
    I use my phone for everything...social media, news blogs, email, financial stuff etc. it depends on how long I have the news on for “background sound” and do stuff on my phone while enjoying my usual 6 cups of morning coffee ☕️ my first 1-1/2 hrs of the morning are on the phone.
    Yesterday 02:27 PM
    I mean to be at 64% after 5 hours seems a bit off but there are days when my smart battery case is like that bc I'm using it alot. While other days I'm hardly using my phone and can't drain the case to save my life 🤷*♂️. Regardless even to have 64% left halfway through a work day you should in theory be more than fine to get through then evening before the phone battery even kicks in. Just my .02
    Your right, I suppose that’s not horrible. I would make it through the rest of the day on the case itself and my actual phone battery probably wouldn’t kick in till around 6/7pm. I use my phone more in the morning and the later afternoon/Eve than I do in the middle of the day.

So for today, phone & case together came off my wireless charger at 7:15am. Currently my case is at 55% and I’m more than 1/2 way through the day right now.
    Yesterday 02:32 PM
    Your right, I suppose that’s not horrible. I would make it through the rest of the day on the case itself and my actual phone battery probably wouldn’t kick in till around 6/7pm. I use my phone more in the morning and the later afternoon/Eve than I do in the middle of the day.

So for today, phone & case together came off my wireless charger at 7:15am. Currently my case is at 55% and I’m more than 1/2 way through the day right now.
    Mine came off the charger at 645 am today and at 415 pm I still have 40% in the case and I've been pretty active with my phone, email, Twitter, some games and streaming busic a bulk of the afternoon via cellular connection. So I'm thrilled with the cases performance.
    Yesterday 04:18 PM
    Mine came off the charger at 645 am today and at 415 pm I still have 40% in the case and I've been pretty active with my phone, email, Twitter, some games and streaming busic a bulk of the afternoon via cellular connection. So I'm thrilled with the cases performance.
    I’m pretty happy with the performance as well...12 hrs later and I have 11% left on the battery case and still a fully charged phone
    Yesterday 07:37 PM
49 12