Any here considering selling their xs and buying a xr? I’m thinking of selling my xs and buying an xr then taking the rest of the money and putting towards a series 4 watch.
    12-04-2018 08:04 PM
    Any here considering selling their xs and buying a xr? I’m thinking of selling my xs and buying an xr then taking the rest of the money and putting towards a series 4 watch.
    Go for it. If my iPhone X breaks, I will indeed replace it with an iPhone XR. In your situation, not only would you be getting a nice iPhone, but also an Watch. It’s a no-brainer, in my opinion.
    kataran, calebt, joemd60 and 1 others like this.
    12-04-2018 08:23 PM
    XS Max here. Not considering it at all. XR is nice, but it would be a downgrade for me. Never mind the inferior screen, 3D Touch is something I use much more than I would have ever imagined.
    12-04-2018 08:34 PM
    I've the X now, like D said I'd be doing the same . I really like the size of the XR looking forward to next release.
    joemd60 and nikkisharif like this.
    12-05-2018 05:34 AM
    Sounds like a win win and if your happy with doing that, mission accomplished.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-05-2018 06:55 AM
    I didn't have an XS, but I sold my XS Max and went to the Xr. I don't regret it at all. I miss the OLED display, but that's not a deal breaker. If I were in your situation, I'd sell the XS and grab the Xr + the AWS4.
    joemd60, libra89 and nikkisharif like this.
    12-05-2018 12:42 PM
    I didn't have an XS, but I sold my XS Max and went to the Xr. I don't regret it at all. I miss the OLED display, but that's not a deal breaker. If I were in your situation, I'd sell the XS and grab the Xr + the AWS4.
    What about the camera? I’ve turned off my 3D Touch to see if I can live without it. I’m just not too sure about the camera. I take a bunch of portraits
    12-05-2018 03:09 PM
    What about the camera? I’ve turned off my 3D Touch to see if I can live without it. I’m just not too sure about the camera. I take a bunch of portraits
    Just remember the XR will only do portraits of humans so you can't shoot objects in portrait. Like a dog, a mug, etc.
    12-05-2018 03:54 PM
    It's literally the same camera as all the other iPhones that came out this year. It just doesn't have the zoom lens (meh) or portrait mode for non-humans, but you can get camera apps in the App Store to get portrait mode on non-humans (Halide, for example) so that's a non-issue now.
    12-05-2018 06:32 PM
    It's literally the same camera as all the other iPhones that came out this year. It just doesn't have the zoom lens (meh) or portrait mode for non-humans, but you can get camera apps in the App Store to get portrait mode on non-humans (Halide, for example) so that's a non-issue now.
    I used halide and it was great. I actually find the camera on the XR way better than the Xs because the portrait mode uses the single lens making for a better portrait
    Mr Segundus likes this.
    12-05-2018 10:08 PM
    I used halide and it was great. I actually find the camera on the XR way better than the Xs because the portrait mode uses the single lens making for a better portrait
    I agree.
    12-05-2018 10:43 PM