iPhone Xs battery

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone XS is less than two months old and battery is at 99% performance. Is that normal?

2b8876d04f7eb9adcd08d8c56b6caa78.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Every bodies usage and charging will be different. Do you charge a lot? Do you apple chargers or apple authorized chargers?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
How often do you charge your phone? The more frequently its charged, the faster it will wear out. Now, that said, it shouldnt really be noticeable. From what I have heard, the lithium-ion batteries that are being used today are far better than they used to be, and can withstand more charge cycles. If it were me, I dont think I would let it worry me too much. However if you really are that concerned, take it to an Apple store if one is available locally and talk to them, see what they think. Otherwise maybe someone who is a little better versed in this than I am can chime in.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As others have stated, how much and how often you charge your battery will affect your battery life. As far as seeing the 99%, I wouldn’t let it bother you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my iPhone X on November 4, 2017 and its battery health is currently at 97%. I typically charge my iPhone X overnight every night.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When we sold my wife’s X, it was 10 months old. It was down to 90%. But she was a person who lived on her phone and conducted business all the time on it. So she always had to juice up again during the day. I won’t use my X as an example because much of the year I was using Samsung devices as daily drivers so my x wasn’t always used.

AJ19920

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
I’ve had my iPhone X since November last year and this is my current battery health percentage
9deb9b900188f7b86c64819ed827ba1d.jpg

I charge my iPhone every evening on the Belkin Wireless charger that I purchased from the Apple Store.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I stopped looking! My 8 Plus is fine. It's got the best battery life of all my previous iPhones- by a long shot! I wait to charge my phone until it's at 20%, and I use a Belkin wireless charger that I purchased at the Apple Store. But I worried too much if the Battery health percentage dropped at all. So for the first time in months, I just peaked... and I'm at 91%. I've had the phone since December 8, 2017! Not too shabby! :D

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is normal.
BTW the wearing isn’t linear and every battery is slightly different.
Usual recommendations for you: avoid discharge it below 20% and try not to keep it topped at 100% more than needed.

Avoid discharge? Does that mean draining it all the way? Guess that’s why you said to keep above 20%?

_Opiate_

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Each individual battery will age at different rates. That’s just the nature of batteries and pretty much anything massed produced.
There are some ways to “slow” the aging process but everyone has different opinions on how this is to be accomplished. A good rule of thumb though is just not to let your charge get too low before a recharge.

I just plug my phone in at different times during the day because I’m a mortgage inspector and do a lot of driving around. I’ll use GPS pretty heavily throughout the day so it’s pretty much always plugged in while I’m in the car.
I did the same thing with my 7 Plus that I got a week after launch day and the day I switched to the XS my battery was at 91%. I’d say that’s damn good for 2 years of usage.

sid_grover

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
My iPhone XS is not even 3 months old and it has already dropped to 96% battery health.
I use the Native Union Wireless Dock to charge and I never let it drop below 20%.
Don't know what to do here?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone XS is not even 3 months old and it has already dropped to 96% battery health.
I use the Native Union Wireless Dock to charge and I never let it drop below 20%.
Don't know what to do here?

I’ve had my since launch and my battery is at 96%. Usually charge overnight every night with the occasional top off at work. Not sure what I could’ve done differently smh

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 7 dropped a percent every 2 months before the battery was replaced. Even after replacing it, it lost a percent after 2 months.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2