A Month Later with the XS

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, it’s been well over a month since I received my new XS 64 Gold model from T Mobile and I just wanted to do a little follow up about my experience with the device.

After having the X since launch day, I did procrastinate a little before finally caving in and buying the new model. The device has been my daily driver since then and I couldn’t be happier.

I did go out a get a XS Max and try it for about a week and decided it was just too big for my needs and decided to go back to the smaller XS model.

I find the device to be smooth and to me a little faster then my X was when it comes to opening apps and multi tasking with the device. But, this is my observation and there are folks out there who have said they find no difference in performance.

I like the newer gold color and actually reused my black leather OEM case from my X and it looks great. My battery performance is about on par to what I got from my X and I almost get a full day out of a single charge while performing my usual daily task on the device.

Was the XS worth the upgrade, in my opinion, yes its worth the extra money if you have the financial resources to buy it. If your on the fence, the XR or the older X might be the better choice.

The XR is $200.00 and the X is a $100.00 cheaper then the new XS and might work out better for those on a budget. As usual it’s my two cents worth and I always enjoy hearing other folks feedback.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Nice review

It’s well know to some that I decided to keep my X but if it wasn’t so I would have definitely gotten the Xs Gold

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it worth the upgrade? I can’t even keep track what phone you are comparing this to for upgrade wise. I remember you had an X. Then downgraded to the 8. I know you mentioned Xr at the end. Xr would be a great upgrade from 8 users and below. But if we are comparing this to an X? I’d say no that would be a bad idea for upgrade wise since your downgrading the screen.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Is it worth the upgrade? I can’t even keep track what phone you are comparing this to for upgrade wise. I remember you had an X. Then downgraded to the 8. I know you mentioned Xr at the end. Xr would be a great upgrade from 8 users and below. But if we are comparing this to an X? I’d say no that would be a bad idea for upgrade wise since your downgrading the screen.

How would upgrading from an X to an XS be downgrading the screen?? If you where getting an XR, I would say yes, but not with an XS. As far far as me changing devices, yes I like switching things around and trying out different devices, just when way I am.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not going to happen, I already gave my iPhone 8 to my twin brother and he loves the device.

Doesn’t mean you won’t buy another. I’m still waiting for you to swap to an Xr next and then back to an Xs 2 weeks later.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Doesn’t mean you won’t buy another. I’m still waiting for you to swap to an Xr next and then back to an Xs 2 weeks later.

Don’t hold your breath, the XR is not for me, but I have recommended it to a couple of folks who did buy one and like it, so mission accomplished.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Don’t hold your breath, the XR is not for me, but I have recommended it to a couple of folks who did buy one and like it, so mission accomplished.

I considered it for like 2 seconds. Only because I love red. Once I held one and realized it was pretty much as wide as the Max because of the fatter bezels, I was like no. Not comfortable to hold in my small hands because of the width. And then the screen. It’s just not crisp with text like the Xs screen and I didn’t like that.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I considered it for like 2 seconds. Only because I love red. Once I held one and realized it was pretty much as wide as the Max because of the fatter bezels, I was like no. Not comfortable to hold in my small hands because of the width. And then the screen. It’s just not crisp with text like the Xs screen and I didn’t like that.

The color choices and the lower price where big factors why a couple of my clients choose the XR. One companies color theme is based on yellow, so the XR for right into their business scheme.

There was another small business who’s theme and delivery cars are all blue, so they bought all their employees blue XR’s which I thought was pretty cool.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I love my XS, bought at day one, but TBH I would have choose an XR 128 Gb if it was available on September.
Bigger screen, colored body and better battery life are big factors in my daily usage.
Plus I don’t like the idea of an OLED display...

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I love my XS, bought at day one, but TBH I would have choose an XR 128 Gb if it was available on September.
Bigger screen, colored body and better battery life are big factors in my daily usage.

If you're not happy why don't you just sell it for the XR? It is a really impressive device for people calling it a "budget" iPhone.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

You could easily sell the iPhone iPhone Xs and have enough to cover the iPhone Xr.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
If you're not happy why don't you just sell it for the XR? It is a really impressive device for people calling it a "budget" iPhone.

I wouldn't call it a budget phone. It is a flagship nevertheless.
BTW I'm happy with my XS so I'm not going to sell it, once I spent quite a lot of money for it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as you're happy!

And yes the XR is a flagship

This will always be a debate. What exactly qualifies something as a flagship? Was the 8/8plus last year that this phone replaced considered a flagship? Does it really matter if something is considered a flagship? No. As long as it makes one happy.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This will always be a debate. What exactly qualifies something as a flagship? Was the 8/8plus last year that this phone replaced considered a flagship? Does it really matter if something is considered a flagship? No. As long as it makes one happy.

I'm saying comparing it to a flagship is more agreeable to me than a "budget" phone. Doesn't matter at all what it is.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I would definitely consider the 8 Plus a flagship (last year I mean...). Today it's midrange.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods