Have an opportunity to buy an iPhone XS for CAD1000 (only a few days old) or a pixel 3 for the same price from Google. Which one should I choose? Currently have an iPhone X which I love. But I’ll be giving this to my daughter..so Loki g for a phone for myself.
    Decisons..decisions - which one should I get??
    11-01-2018 11:22 AM
    If I remember correctly, you had a Pixel 2 and the time frame of ownership was short. You love your X so why not try the XS?
    kataran and Annie_8plus like this.
    11-01-2018 12:26 PM
    It’s all personal preference, I love the simplicity of IOS and the XS has excellent build quality. I have just as many paid apps in the Google play store as I do in the Apple App Store.

Both devices are nice and have their pluses and minuses, for myself, I just prefer Apple. The Apple store support and their warranty are second to none.

In the end, I would play around with both devices and made your decision and go from there.
    anachrotech likes this.
    11-01-2018 12:27 PM
    Both are good systems -- just depends what you really want. I love Android but I really wanted a good watch and Android simply doesn't have any (except for some Galaxy ones which then need a Samsung phone) so I went with Apple Watch Series 4 + iPhone XS Max.
    libra89 and kataran like this.
    11-01-2018 12:36 PM
    I have the XS Max but ordered the OnePlus 6T today. Been wanting to try for years and it will finally work on Verizon.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-01-2018 12:39 PM
    If I remember correctly, you had a Pixel 2 and the time frame of ownership was short. You love your X so why not try the XS?
    You're correct. I ended up selling the pixel 2 after a few weeks and got the iphone X
    Being a phone addict doesnt help!!
    iPhone X is the longest i've kept a phone since BB10 and windows phone days!! Despite having every flagship android phone, I never kept them for long - guess I just don't like the way android looks.
    So you're probably correct - if i get the XS, I might keep it for a while.

Also when it comes to resale value, I think XS would be better than Pixel 3

Main reason i'm considering pixel is - camera and ok google. Both of them are better than the XS.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-01-2018 01:19 PM
    You're correct. I ended up selling the pixel 2 after a few weeks and got the iphone X
    Being a phone addict doesnt help!!
    iPhone X is the longest i've kept a phone since BB10 and windows phone days!! Despite having every flagship android phone, I never kept them for long - guess I just don't like the way android looks.
    So you're probably correct - if i get the XS, I might keep it for a while.

Also when it comes to resale value, I think XS would be better than Pixel 3

Main reason i'm considering pixel is - camera and ok google. Both of them are better than the XS.
    Ah okay. I wasn't sure if it was you or not that went through this.

I get why you are considering the Pixel because both of those are good things. If you see yourself getting heavy enough use out of those two things, I say that you can go with the Pixel and just consider the XS later.
    11-01-2018 01:40 PM
    I have the Xs and my husband just got the Pixel 3 XL.
    After getting hands on his Pixel I’m not that impressed. Love my Xs so much more. And I’m a former Android fan gal and had many Android phones.
    11-02-2018 08:17 AM
    Update on this
    Played with a pixel 3 at a store and nothing that impressed me to spend $1000 on this. So decided to get an iPhone XS. The iPhone I was going to get privately had a lot is scratches on screen. So didn’t end up buying it. Waiting for the Black Friday sales here in Canada with carriers.
    Unless I get a pixel 3 at a good discount I’ll be getting the XS.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-04-2018 01:15 PM
    Update on this
    Played with a pixel 3 at a store and nothing that impressed me to spend $1000 on this. So decided to get an iPhone XS. The iPhone I was going to get privately had a lot is scratches on screen. So didn’t end up buying it. Waiting for the Black Friday sales here in Canada with carriers.
    Unless I get a pixel 3 at a good discount I’ll be getting the XS.
    Sounds like a plan. Good luck with your future phone!
    11-05-2018 10:21 PM