Still Not Upgrading or have you changed your mind?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been almost a full month since the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max were released. To those of you who hadn't updated or have stated that you wouldn't upgrade, have you changed your mind? Are you considering purchasing one of the new model?

Surprisingly, I'm still content with my iPhone X and still don't have the urge to upgrade. What about you?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I said I wasn’t upgrading, and I meant it. To me, it’s not enough to give up my X. I have gotten used to the smaller physical size of the device, and see no need to go to the Max. And, the minimal upgrade in speed isn’t enough either. At this point, I probably won’t upgrade until a 5G device comes out. Assuming nothing catastrophic happens to my X.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I said I wasn’t upgrading, and I meant it. To me, it’s not enough to give up my X. I have gotten used to the smaller physical size of the device, and see no need to go to the Max. And, the minimal upgrade in speed isn’t enough either. At this point, I probably won’t upgrade until a 5G device comes out. Assuming nothing catastrophic happens to my X.

Same here....

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I’m happy and content with my 8+. I will check em out at an Apple store when I have time, but I don’t see myself getting a new one.

I like the biometric fingerprint reader.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If your on a year upgrade program with payment plan, you might as well do it. Are you really going to pay on that current phone for 2 years and then keep it a 3rd year to have no payment? Only a few will. If you pay outright which is crazy with these prices of phones, I’d hold off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not yet. Probably get the XS Max in March. I'm working on getting a new battery for my 6s Plus now. Will visit my son in Memphis in a couple weeks. Will go to the Apple Store there.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't plan on it, but if someone in the family need a phone they'll get my current X. Even though I like the size of the X I'd probably get the Max so it feels like an upgrade from my X.

Otherwise I'm waiting to see next year's release.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I said the same thing...(Laughing), until I purchased the Xs Max with Face ID

Same. I loved my 8+ because of the Touch ID and didn’t think I would like Face ID. I was wrong. You don’t even notice Face ID. It works so well it’s as if your phone doesn’t have any security set up.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I did go out and buy a gold XS on launch day, but I have said I wouldn’t buy a XS Max because of the size and how it bothered my hand.

Well, a opportunity came along on a gold 256 XS Max for a great price, so I bought it and so far I am adapting to it quite well and my hands are fine so far.

Going to do a review on it and see how it goes after a month down the road. So far, I love the larger screen.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I did go out and buy a gold XS on launch day, but I have said I wouldn’t buy a XS Max because of the size and how it bothered my hand.

Well, a opportunity came along on a gold 256 XS Max for a great price, so I bought it and so far I am adapting to it quite well and my hands are fine so far.

Going to do a review on it and see how it goes after a month down the road. So far, I love the larger screen.

I got both at launch. The Max started hurting my wrists after 2 weeks so I returned it on day 14, the last day to return. The Xs was for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711