Still Not Upgrading or have you changed your mind?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Phone - no. Sticking with my X.
Tablet - got to say, I’m thinking about it.
Could get $405 for my current Pro 12.9. Almost 2 years old now. Nothing wrong with it. But, having Face ID on my iPhone is spoiling me. Also, USB-C would be nice.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I may upgrade to the next iPad Pro. The 'what's a computer' ads have intrigued me long enough :laughing:. I'm still not totally convinced about using them for a heavy workload but I could be convinced at this point.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Phone - no. Sticking with my X.
Tablet - got to say, I’m thinking about it.
Could get $405 for my current Pro 12.9. Almost 2 years old now. Nothing wrong with it. But, having Face ID on my iPhone is spoiling me. Also, USB-C would be nice.

Phone: sticking with my 8 Plus... love it.

iPad: I definitely have the itch. My Air 2 is awesome, but if rumors are true, it's not going to be eligible for iOS 13.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Man I'm doing good. I don't have any desire to upgrade a single device. For the first time in years, I'm perfectly fine with all of my devices. The first gen 12.9 iPad Pro still has a lot of life left and my iPhone X (recently replaced) is treating me wonderfully.

Might see how long I can ride this X out. I'm not sure the next iPhone is going to offer anything ground breaking that I'll need/want.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In November, Apple replaced my 3+ year old 6s Plus with a brand new 6s Plus. So, I'm good for now. I now have my sights set on a new XS Max (or whatever they'll call it) next year in September of 2020.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the iPhone 8, and I was very happy with it. However I switched carriers from sprint to xfinity and they had a great deal to get a 250$ visa with the Xs. So I had to do it, if it wasn’t for that I would have kept my 8 and been happy for at least another year. This phone is faster but honestly the service is so amazing I’m beyond happy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s been eight months since this thread was created and my stance still hasn’t changed. With the exception of repeatedly saying that I would replace my iPhone X with an iPhone X🅁 if it were to crap out on me, I don’t have a desire to upgrade. Seriously! My iPhone X continues to be a joy to use and iOS 13 is running smoothly on it thus far.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I originally came out saying that I was going to get a cheap Android phone after this years iPhone release. With literally my whole family having iPhones, and Sams club offering a $300 gift card with an upgrade, and being able to get $215 for my old 6+. I got a 128 gig iPhone XR for basically what I would’ve paid for a Motorola G6 that I had intended on buying. I’ll keep this phone for at least 3-4 years and then see what specials are going at that time. If nothing is a good deal I’ll go cheap android then. Still stern on not paying full price for these new phones.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I originally came out saying that I was going to get a cheap Android phone after this years iPhone release. With literally my whole family having iPhones, and Sams club offering a $300 gift card with an upgrade, and being able to get $215 for my old 6+. I got a 128 gig iPhone XR for basically what I would’ve paid for a Motorola G6 that I had intended on buying. I’ll keep this phone for at least 3-4 years and then see what specials are going at that time. If nothing is a good deal I’ll go cheap android then. Still stern on not paying full price for these new phones.

That’s a great deal all around!!

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. As long as it continues to function as wonderfully as it has been doing so far!

I agree. I have the 10.5 iPad Pro. I got way before any of the others were announced. I truly want the mini (always felt those were the easiest to use for everything) but can’t reason paying $400 for an iPad when I have one that functions amazingly.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox