Still Not Upgrading or have you changed your mind?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Went in to the Apple Store with the same intention, but found out that my battery did in fact burn my screen a bit so there's a very small white dot that I noticed months ago. Not at all obtrusive, but I decided it might just be better to upgrade my 7 after all. Might just have been an excuse.

Sounds like a good excuse to me

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife surprised me and I’m sure she’s getting an XS today with her 7 Plus going to one of the kids.

Smaller physical size with same camera performance seems to be most of it, she likes the white and stainless look, and it helps to have teens with older phones.

I told her she could also go to Series 4 watch with cellular for light weight and sports where she said “How will that play Candy Crush?”.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been from XS Max on launch day to owning a XR that I didn’t use to several Androids to a XR that I loved to now a XS. Oh the shame of it all.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been from XS Max on launch day to owning a XR that I didn’t use to several Androids to a XR that I loved to now a XS. Oh the shame of it all.

That makes any spending in this house look sane or at least for tech items.

My wife did get the XS and is very happy. You could say we both have close to the same screen real estate coming from 7 Plus where I’m glad to have more with the Max and she’s glad to have the smaller phone without giving up much including dual cameras.

The Apple Store trade in value for some old phones topped Verizon and COSTCO deals for a surprise. This is a good time to trade if you are interested in XS or XR.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That makes any spending in this house look sane or at least for tech items.

The spending wasn’t bad because everything gets sold and everything after the initial XS Max was cheaper.

I definitely don’t have devices all over the place. Lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
True, I'm saying more like the size, camera, screen quality

The screen was why I switched to the XS from the XR. I could see the backlighting in the black bars while watching YouTube videos. Cameras are both good. Size I give the edge
To the XS. After using the 5.5” Pixel 3 I realized that I don’t prefer the larger devices.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The screen was why I switched to the XS from the XR. I could see the backlighting in the black bars while watching YouTube videos. Cameras are both good. Size I give the edge
To the XS. After using the 5.5” Pixel 3 I realized that I don’t prefer the larger devices.

Yeah I instantly noticed the black bars as well. They weren't pure black and looked washed out. Did you think the pixel 3 was too small compared to the edge to edge 5.8 on the XS? I kinda thought the XR was a nice size it was big but manageable and not as crammed

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I instantly noticed the black bars as well. They weren't pure black and looked washed out. Did you think the pixel 3 was too small compared to the edge to edge 5.8 on the XS? I kinda thought the XR was a nice size it was big but manageable and not as crammed

Didn’t think it was too small at all.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Was gonna stick with my iPhone 7 for another year or two but life happened and I ended up getting the XS. Really good phone and hopefully it’ll last me a good 2-3 years.

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Caved and Gave In!

After several months and plenty of thought, I finally justified upgrading to the XS from my trusty & beloved SE. I originally wanted to hold out until the elusive (and rumored) SE 2 came out, or until the next release of iPhones. The SE is now a backup phone.

What took me over the edge:

Practical reasons:
My SE had its first “unexpected” battery shutdown and started having short battery life.
I started experiencing some slow down during normal use.
Trading in old devices for cash.

Luxury/Want reasons:
Gigabit internet capability!
Larger/sharper screen.
Camera quality.
MUCH faster processor = quick and smooth closing & opening of apps.

I’ve had my Space Gray XS 256 GB for 8 days now and I haven’t looked back.I adjusted quickly to not having the home button and the larger size of the XS. I’ve already got 3 cases, one of them being the Smart Battery Case which I had to have! Unlike my SE, which had a Lifeproof case on it for 2 years and 3 months (the longest I’ve ever held onto a phone btw).

With the Apple devices I’ve acquired in the last 4 months, I think I’m set for another 2-3 years.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Caved and Gave In!

After several months and plenty of thought, I finally justified upgrading to the XS from my trusty & beloved SE. I originally wanted to hold out until the elusive (and rumored) SE 2 came out, or until the next release of iPhones. The SE is now a backup phone.

What took me over the edge:

Practical reasons:
My SE had its first “unexpected” battery shutdown and started having short battery life.
I started experiencing some slow down during normal use.
Trading in old devices for cash.

Luxury/Want reasons:
Gigabit internet capability!
Larger/sharper screen.
Camera quality.
MUCH faster processor = quick and smooth closing & opening of apps.

I’ve had my Space Gray XS 256 GB for 8 days now and I haven’t looked back.I adjusted quickly to not having the home button and the larger size of the XS. I’ve already got 3 cases, one of them being the Smart Battery Case which I had to have! Unlike my SE, which had a Lifeproof case on it for 2 years and 3 months (the longest I’ve ever held onto a phone btw).

With the Apple devices I’ve acquired in the last 4 months, I think I’m set for another 2-3 years.

Congrats on your XS

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Finally the bonus for upgrading to 2018 iPhones arrived in my side of the world and triggered the update Even though I said I’ll always keep my 8 plus, I traded it for the Xs. Not the best deal of my life but it is what it is :) It wasn’t easy, I loved that phone, I always preordered phones and this time took me 5 months to buy the new one.
After 4 and a half years of big phones it feels soooo good to have a smaller form factor. And it feels much lighter. The smaller size and weight, the gestures and Face ID were the reasons I chose it. And it is even better than I expected to be. Loving it!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a 8 and upgraded to a xs. If I would have had a X, I probably wouldn't have upgraded. I dont like huge phones but the xs is bigger then the 8 and I am ok with its size

jb_ez86

May 20, 2018
Visit site
I recently did an upgrade. Well did two. I got the iPhone XS and my girlfriend got the iPhone XS Max. We are both coming for the iPhone 8 Plus. I have to say well worth it. Not saying there anything wrong with the iPhone 8 Plus, but the upgrade is worth it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR