Still Not Upgrading or have you changed your mind?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I still have the X. Tried a co workers’ Max with a thin case. Was a struggle getting it in and out of my leg pocket on my carpenter pants.

Glad I’m sticking with my X.

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Good. I hope you like it. It seems to be a good phone.

Thanks. I received the XS yesterday and I’m happy with my choice so far. The only thing I need to figure out is how to get all my activity to transfer over. I’m missing over a month of workout activity and my badge for October ☹️ I already repaired and restarted the phone and watch a few times already, need to make a call to apple to figure this out.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My 8 suffered the dreaded logic board failure yesterday I call Apple Support, they said no problem, we’ll replace it for you. I get to the store, they wanted to charge me $100. I refused & ended up walking out with a gold XS because I needed a phone. I called Apple Support, again, once I got back to my office, and they apologized to me & setup an appointment for tomorrow with a manager to repair my device. I’ll be selling the 8...I have trust issues and I just can’t deal with that device in my life anymore lol.

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is🤷🏾*♀️ Guess I’ll finally open up this box

I wanted to make sure y’all can see the time. Been on my desk for over 2 hours in plastic lol.
16e8c0de6dac874f57ac844609430e26.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My 8 suffered the dreaded logic board failure yesterday I call Apple Support, they said no problem, we’ll replace it for you. I get to the store, they wanted to charge me $100. I refused & ended up walking out with a gold XS because I needed a phone. I called Apple Support, again, once I got back to my office, and they apologized to me & setup an appointment for tomorrow with a manager to repair my device. I’ll be selling the 8...I have trust issues and I just can’t deal with that device in my life anymore lol.

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is????????????*♀️ Guess I’ll finally open up this box

I wanted to make sure y’all can see the time. Been on my desk for over 2 hours in plastic lol.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/16e8c0de6dac874f57ac844609430e26.jpg

Well I don't know if I should congratulate you or sympathize with you...LOL. Just go ahead and open it...LOL

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if I should congratulate you or sympathize with you...LOL. Just go ahead and open it...LOL

Ikr...LOL!!!! I honestly like my X better but we’ll see after some extended use. I compared a pic with my X, XS, and my friend’s Max & the X was the clear winner. It was weird. Only time (14 days) will tell

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is* Guess I’ll finally open up this box

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/16e8c0de6dac874f57ac844609430e26.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Nikki...and thankfully, it’ll all work out for you with regard to your iPhone 8.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Responding to nikkisharif, I'd like to say a good word for the iPhone 8, based mainly on it's physical appearance. To me, design is really important (which is why I bought a 5S with its gold chamfered frame in the first place). Recently, I got wrapped up in all the XS's tech upgrades, but today I went and looked at the them at Costco, and was really disappointed that the gold steel band does not make it up to the front of the screen. All I could see is the screen's black edge and the gold buttons barely peeking out (pic below). In comparison, the aluminum band on my gold iPhone 8 shows up beautifully, and it's enhanced by a clear case.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm keeping my iPhone 8, and lovin' it once more.

IMG_0325 (1).jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Responding to nikkisharif, I'd like to say a good word for the iPhone 8, based mainly on it's physical appearance. To me, design is really important (which is why I bought a 5S with its gold chamfered frame in the first place). Recently, I got wrapped up in all the XS's tech upgrades, but today I went and looked at the them at Costco, and was really disappointed that the gold steel band does not make it up to the front of the screen. All I could see is the screen's black edge and the gold buttons barely peeking out (pic below). In comparison, the aluminum band on my gold iPhone 8 shows up beautifully, and it's enhanced by a clear case.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm keeping my iPhone 8, and lovin' it once more.

View attachment 124945

I totally agree with you about the gold showing. That would have been a nice touch! I’m still not sold on the XS because I don’t think it’s any better than my X, but time will tell. The only reason I got it was because the logic board in my 8 died and I was nervous it would happen again. Unfortunately, I was limited in options because all the other devices are larger, and I definitely didn’t want that.

Edit: I just realized that you can see the gold, depending on the lighting. The thing to understand is the gold sides of the XS are much darker than the previous gold.

Last edited:

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I’ve finally upgraded from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone XS. And honestly I wanted the better camera. Still getting used to the size of the phone and the non home button feature

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Put a new $29 battery in my 7 Plus so I'm gonna rock it a bit longer for now even though the XS Max is still calling my name.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Put a new $29 battery in my 7 Plus so I'm gonna rock it a bit longer for now even though the XS Max is still calling my name.

Went in to the Apple Store with the same intention, but found out that my battery did in fact burn my screen a bit so there's a very small white dot that I noticed months ago. Not at all obtrusive, but I decided it might just be better to upgrade my 7 after all. Might just have been an excuse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner