I caved and traded in my 8+ for the xs
    Just_Me_D and Jlharper016 like this.
    10-26-2018 10:19 AM
    I caved to, I've got hold of a 1 week old XS Max for a great price and couldn't recist. I really hope I get along with face id, that's my biggest concern right now
    Nonsenseinsd8 and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-26-2018 01:55 PM
    I caved, lol. My XS arrives Tuesday.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-27-2018 09:42 PM
    I knew I had to upgrade from my old 4S so I bought an XS,it’s too big !!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2018 07:18 AM
    Well I was convinced this week I would upgrade but then I spent a weekend with the Max (borrowed my employees). The phone itself is very nice. A bit big and battery isn't much better than my X. What absolutely kills it for me is the signal. My god it is horrible. Both phones side by side have VERY different results. the max has half and sometimes less than my X in speed tests. The signal meter is an average of 2 bars less than my x.

My employee said he noticed it was much lower than his S7 Edge so now he's pretty sure he's going to return it tomorrow. Doesn't the XS series have an additional antenna? How in the world is the signal worse?
    Last edited by TylerLV76; 10-28-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    10-28-2018 12:20 PM
    Wow...you were still using a 4s That’s pretty impressive!!! Congrats on your new device
    10-28-2018 12:59 PM
    Wow... That's long usage of a 4s

Still with my X, not sure I need / want a larger device again
    libra89 likes this.
    10-28-2018 01:11 PM
    I'm still holding strong.
    At this point if I buy a new phone it's gonna be a pixel 3XL ... just to feel like I got something different from what I already have...
    I’m currently got an iPhone 7+ and preordered pixel 3(not xl), getting it Thursday. personally I’m not a fan of Newer iPhone design and want to try something different for a while, but all of my friends use iPhones and are already teasing I won’t have iMessage. Sadly this coupled with the pixel issues raised already have me thinking I will return my pixel within 14 days for an XS.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-28-2018 02:28 PM
    I’m currently got an iPhone 7+ and preordered pixel 3(not xl), getting it Thursday. personally I’m not a fan of Newer iPhone design and want to try something different for a while, but all of my friends use iPhones and are already teasing I won’t have iMessage. Sadly this coupled with the pixel issues raised already have me thinking I will return my pixel within 14 days for an XS.
    The newer iPhones are really great devices, but you might just love the Pixel. I’m all for trying things out. Let us know how you like it
    chezm likes this.
    10-28-2018 04:09 PM
    I got the XS max in Gold... 256gb but I am sorta having a bit of buyers remorse. Love the phone just don’t like the almost 1300 price tag
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-28-2018 04:42 PM
    I still have the X. Tried a co workers’ Max with a thin case. Was a struggle getting it in and out of my leg pocket on my carpenter pants.

Glad I’m sticking with my X.
    10-28-2018 07:14 PM
    I caved...Xs will be here tomorrow
    10-29-2018 01:01 PM
    I caved...Xs will be here tomorrow
    Good. I hope you like it. It seems to be a good phone.
    nappalonia likes this.
    10-30-2018 07:43 AM
    4S...impressive. ConGrats on your XS
    10-30-2018 07:58 AM
    Good. I hope you like it. It seems to be a good phone.
    Thanks. I received the XS yesterday and I’m happy with my choice so far. The only thing I need to figure out is how to get all my activity to transfer over. I’m missing over a month of workout activity and my badge for October ☹️ I already repaired and restarted the phone and watch a few times already, need to make a call to apple to figure this out.
    10-31-2018 12:55 PM
    My 8 suffered the dreaded logic board failure yesterday I call Apple Support, they said no problem, we’ll replace it for you. I get to the store, they wanted to charge me $100. I refused & ended up walking out with a gold XS because I needed a phone. I called Apple Support, again, once I got back to my office, and they apologized to me & setup an appointment for tomorrow with a manager to repair my device. I’ll be selling the 8...I have trust issues and I just can’t deal with that device in my life anymore lol.

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is🤷🏾*♀️ Guess I’ll finally open up this box

I wanted to make sure y’all can see the time. Been on my desk for over 2 hours in plastic lol.
    10-31-2018 02:21 PM
    I upgraded to the xs max coming from a 7plus. I wasn’t planning on upgrading until next year but I caved.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-31-2018 03:11 PM
    My 8 suffered the dreaded logic board failure yesterday I call Apple Support, they said no problem, we’ll replace it for you. I get to the store, they wanted to charge me $100. I refused & ended up walking out with a gold XS because I needed a phone. I called Apple Support, again, once I got back to my office, and they apologized to me & setup an appointment for tomorrow with a manager to repair my device. I’ll be selling the 8...I have trust issues and I just can’t deal with that device in my life anymore lol.

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is*♀️ Guess I’ll finally open up this box

I wanted to make sure y’all can see the time. Been on my desk for over 2 hours in plastic lol.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4609430e26.jpg
    Well I don't know if I should congratulate you or sympathize with you...LOL. Just go ahead and open it...LOL
    nikkisharif and Westiemom like this.
    10-31-2018 03:43 PM
    I upgraded to the xs max coming from a 7plus. I wasn’t planning on upgrading until next year but I caved.

ConGrats on your new XS Max. I also came from a 7 Plus and I'm enjoying an actual upgrade for once...LOL
    cinnamin likes this.
    10-31-2018 03:44 PM
    Same here!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-31-2018 05:52 PM
    Still hanging with the X.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-31-2018 06:38 PM
    Well I don't know if I should congratulate you or sympathize with you...LOL. Just go ahead and open it...LOL
    Ikr...LOL!!!! I honestly like my X better but we’ll see after some extended use. I compared a pic with my X, XS, and my friend’s Max & the X was the clear winner. It was weird. Only time (14 days) will tell
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-31-2018 07:47 PM

I honestly didn’t really want to upgrade, but my device options are limited since I already have a X. I got back to my desk at 1pm EDT & it’s still in the box. I’m not too excited about it but I won’t get another 8 or even use the one I have once it’s repaired. I feel they tried to get over on me & have probably gotten over on tons of people with this issue. Idek how I missed this one because I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Oh well...it is what it is* Guess I’ll finally open up this box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4609430e26.jpg
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Nikki...and thankfully, it’ll all work out for you with regard to your iPhone 8.
    nikkisharif and Spencerdl like this.
    10-31-2018 07:56 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Nikki...and thankfully, it’ll all work out for you with regard to your iPhone 8.
    Thanks, D!! I’ll keep y’all posted🤞🏾
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    10-31-2018 07:58 PM
    Responding to nikkisharif, I'd like to say a good word for the iPhone 8, based mainly on it's physical appearance. To me, design is really important (which is why I bought a 5S with its gold chamfered frame in the first place). Recently, I got wrapped up in all the XS's tech upgrades, but today I went and looked at the them at Costco, and was really disappointed that the gold steel band does not make it up to the front of the screen. All I could see is the screen's black edge and the gold buttons barely peeking out (pic below). In comparison, the aluminum band on my gold iPhone 8 shows up beautifully, and it's enhanced by a clear case.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm keeping my iPhone 8, and lovin' it once more.

Still Not Upgrading or have you changed your mind?-img_0325-1-.jpg
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-03-2018 12:53 AM
114 12345