Dropped my XS!!! :(

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had my silver XS since launch day and I made a mistake and dropped it today on concrete while listening to music on my lunch break. I have the phone in a apple leather case, so the damage was minimal. The phone and screen still look brand new, but there are two scuff marks on the bottom of the phone in the stainless steel part. One suff mark near the lighting connector spot and on near the bottom right speaker. It’s like the metal has been chipped off in those two small areas. It’s not horrible damage but kinda annoying.

I have AppleCare Plus with Lost and theft but I don’t think apple will allow me to get a replacement phone for purely cosmetic reasons right?

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I had my silver XS since launch day and I made a mistake and dropped it today on concrete while listening to music on my lunch break. I have the phone in a apple leather case, so the damage was minimal. The phone and screen still look brand new, but there are two scuff marks on the bottom of the phone in the stainless steel part. One suff mark near the lighting connector spot and on near the bottom right speaker. It’s like the metal has been chipped off in those two small areas. It’s not horrible damage but kinda annoying.

I have AppleCare Plus with Lost and theft but I don’t think apple will allow me to get a replacement phone for purely cosmetic reasons right?

I’ve shattered the screen and put in a claim and they swap me out another phone all together

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea a shattered screen would warrant a replacement phone. When I gave my 7 Plus to my mom before upgrading. My apple store won’t let us get a new phone because of a slight crack on the edge of the phone, they just fixed it.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I have my phone in one of the most protective cases out there and still would cringe hard if I dropped it. These things, for most of us anyway, are huge investments. It sucks to have them damaged at all. At least its only a couple barely noticeable scuffs. Got to look at it that way I guess.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can get a replacement, but you will have to pay the deductible and it will take one of your two slots. If the scuffs bug you grab a different case that wraps all the way around the phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Scuffs are scuffs. Doesn’t bother me in the least. No way I’d waste my money on a deductible for a replacement.

Yup Apple doesn't care when or how you use the replacements. If you want to pay, they are all for it. But just keep using the device OP if it's functional.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Ugh... I hate that feeling when a phone drops.. whether it's in a case or not... it's literally a heart-stopping moment. As others have said, I wouldn't use one of your claims for something as "minimal" as this. I agree with @bamf-hacker - if it bothers you, I'd get a case that wraps all the way around the phone and "pretend" the scuffs aren't there.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.. scuffs are bound to happen. Think of them as battle scars :)

That was my logic when I dropped my 5s one time without a case on it. Thankfully the only damage was a couple scuffs on the aluminum border of the phone. Really bothered me at first, but then I thought of them as battle scars or 'character marks' if you will. Same with my series 0 watch, which still works flawlessly by the way. Has a cracked screen. Happened when I was working on my caravan, but still functions fine. Learned my lesson though, now I take it off when doing anything like that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Think of it as adding character to your Xs. Now it doesn't look like everyone else's

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234