So, without giving a long story, I ended up needing to create a secondary iCloud account to set up my new iPhone Xs. I will need to wait a few more days before I am able to get into my primary account which has all my pictures documents, apps, etc, associated with it.

My question is, when I sign out of this secondary account on my iPhone and back into the primary, will I lose any app or tone purchases I made under the secondary account, or will it stay on the device and be usable once I switch to my primary account?
    10-13-2018 11:35 PM
    So, without giving a long story, I ended up needing to create a secondary iCloud account to set up my new iPhone Xs. I will need to wait a few more days before I am able to get into my primary account which has all my pictures documents, apps, etc, associated with it.

My question is, when I sign out of this secondary account on my iPhone and back into the primary, will I lose any app or tone purchases I made under the secondary account, or will it stay on the device and be usable once I switch to my primary account?
    It’s best to restore the iPhone and download all those apps with your primary account to avoid any and all issues.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-13-2018 11:53 PM
    It’s best to restore the iPhone and download all those apps with your primary account to avoid any and all issues.
    I understand, however there was a couple important ones for day to day use, plus work use that I couldnt really avoid. They are the same apps I had before though so they will come through again when switching to the primary account, except for one. If that app gets lost, it will suck a bit, but wont be the end of the world.
    10-13-2018 11:59 PM
    Can you not add the new account to a family sharing account of your original account? That way you’ll be able to access any purchases made from the new account
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    Yesterday 02:47 AM

If you use a separate Apple ID for purchases then no, you shouldn’t lose any app or tone purchases.
    Yesterday 07:13 AM