Hello people, I need some help. I am currently using a Galaxy S8 and am eager to switch to the iPhone XS. But all these reports about charging issues, network and WiFi issues are giving me pause. I even saw a YouTube video today which exhorted people not to buy any iPhone now because of these issues. My question is, are you guys facing any of these issues? Network problems? WiFi drops? Charging issues? And should i not buy an iPhone XS right now?
    Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 10-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    10-05-2018 12:23 PM
    Hello people, I need some help. I am currently using a Galaxy S8 and am eager to switch to the iPhone XS. But all these reports about charging issues, network and WiFi issues are giving me pause. I even saw a YouTube video today which exhorted people not to buy any iPhone now because of these issues. My question is, are you guys facing any of these issues? Network problems? WiFi drops? Charging issues? And should i not buy an iPhone XS right now?
    Thanks in advance..
    Those stuff are blown out of proportion.
    Apple will release an update soon to address most, if not all, of those issues.

My sister has an Xs Max since launch day and hasn’t experienced any of those stuff.

It’s up to you, but don’t expect to buy a paperweight.
    You’ll be delighted that you bought one.
    wenrob, Just_Me_D, iPerry7 and 2 others like this.
    10-05-2018 12:29 PM
    I am not having any issues with my xs the charging issue will probably be resolved by a update I am not experiencing anything that they are mentioning
    Just_Me_D and iPerry7 like this.
    10-05-2018 12:29 PM
    Hello people, I need some help. I am currently using a Galaxy S8 and am eager
    Ok iPerry7 slow down and please stop starting threads saying the same thing. I can only move so fast...LOL.. Yes, in my opinion you should test the iPhone XS if that's what "caught" your eye (so to speak). Remember you have a 14 day window to decide if the Apple platform and/or the iPhone is for you or not. Feel free to join in and ask questions and participate on the many threads. Enjoy.
    iPerry7 and kptsalami like this.
    10-05-2018 12:32 PM
    I have not had a single issue with my Xs other than Siri being **** poor to respond, but, that can happen on any of Apple’s devices. Everything else, including battery life after my second 12.1 beta, have been exceptional.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-05-2018 12:36 PM
    We have three in our home. Zero issues.
    Premium1 and iPerry7 like this.
    10-05-2018 01:19 PM
    I haven’t had any issues with my XS and don’t expect to have any that Apple can’t fix with an update.

I would say go to the local Apple store and play around with a demo device, ask the folks at the Apple store your questions and concerns and you will be surprised at how they will help answer them.

Once you have had the chance to play around with the device and have your concerns and questions answered, I think you will end up buying one and be a loyal Apple user like the rest of us out there.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-05-2018 06:05 PM
    I haven’t had any issues with my Max. As others have said, give it a try if you can and see if it’s a problem for you and if you like it.
    kptsalami, iPerry7 and Premium1 like this.
    10-05-2018 06:50 PM
    ...My question is, are you guys facing any of these issues? Network problems? WiFi drops? Charging issues? And should i not buy an iPhone XS right now?
    Thanks in advance..
    So far my experience with my XS Max has been one free of any of the issues that you’ve mentioned. No problems with cellular reception/network, in fact I’d say that it’s been a little bit better on my XS Max versus my prior X. Also no problems with WiFi or charging with it. As others have mentioned, go see for yourself the demo units in the stores and try them out. If you decide to buy one, you should have a 14 day window from purchase for returning the device if you are unsatisfied with it.
    kptsalami, iPerry7 and Premium1 like this.
    10-05-2018 07:49 PM
    I actually have one with these problems. I haven't been able to use the phone since receiving it but Apple had offered to exchange it
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-05-2018 08:20 PM
    I have the XS and no issues at all my connections are solid and connect quickly.
    kptsalami, Premium1 and iPerry7 like this.
    10-05-2018 08:58 PM
    So far on my XS Max
    I have LTE and WiFi issues. Places where I get decent service are down to zero or spotty service. Hell, even with full LTE and WiFi signal, it took forever to download an app. I have also been having issues with music playing automatically while on a call, music cycling through the app without stopping instead of playing.

Also, the brightness either going all the way up or down and my flashlight turned on by itself. On my wife’s XS she has issues with the LTE and WiFi as well. She also has similar issues to my max with regards to the flashlight
    kptsalami and iPerry7 like this.
    10-05-2018 10:27 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.. I played around with the iPhone XS yesterday at the store and it was an awesome experience. I think I will go ahead and buy the iPhone XS. I am sure the issues will be ironed out. People having issues are in the minority. Thanks a ton for helping.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-06-2018 01:26 AM
    Thanks in advance..
    The charging issue has been or will be fixed.
    The WiFi/Network issue is a different story. I had issues with my iPhone Xs and sent it back. There definitely is some kind of an issue but how widespread it is and what is causing it is a mystery. There is reports of it out in other forums and everyone who is experiencing it all have the same problem. Weak signal, weaker than other phones in the same area. Extremely slow download speeds when a weak signal is present. Disconnecting from network and work reconnect unless airplane mode is toggled or phone is rebooted.
    It's not just one network or one location either.
    It's a crapshoot.
    You could take a chance and get a new Xs Max, you can always return it, or wait two weeks or so and see what happens with updates to determine if it's software or hardware or a combination.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-06-2018 01:32 PM
    The only one of these issues I've encountered is failed pairing with my vehicle. I hear that the fix is coming soon in an update, so I'll live.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-06-2018 05:55 PM
    My wifi seems fine, but my LTE seems to be taking a hit it’s been dropping to 3G more then my X did and speeds are slow
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-06-2018 06:54 PM
    I went to 4g during a phone call in my office at work, after 30 min it dropped. But to me that’s possible with any iPhone on T. Mobile given the opportunities with building penetration
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-06-2018 08:32 PM
    None at all
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-07-2018 05:07 AM
    No issues with my XS. It is getting better signal (and speeds) compared to my X. Loving the 4x4 MIMO and CAA. I am sure apple will release an update to address the issues (the beta already fixes the charging issue some were having).
    iPerry7 likes this.
    10-07-2018 08:40 AM
    I just got my iPhone XS about 4 days ago. I have noticed slower WiFi and lower cell signal. I’m comparing that to my S9 that I came from.
    10-07-2018 08:58 AM
    No issues on my Verizon Xs Max, but I do hope Apple will release an update soon for those that are have problems to fix the minor issues and quiet down all the naysayers out there. Reading all of the negative press you would think that the new iPhone and iPhones of the past are pieces of garbage. This happens on every new Apple release. It's as though the Apple iPhone is the only smartphone that has issues upon new release.
    10-07-2018 09:09 AM
    ...Reading all of the negative press you would think that the new iPhone and iPhones of the past are pieces of garbage. This happens on every new Apple release. It's as though the Apple iPhone is the only smartphone that has issues...
    Two weeks to go for the XR preorders, one year till the 2019 iPhone releases... so I don’t see this going away anytime soon ...
    :sigh:
    kptsalami, Spencerdl and iPerry7 like this.
    10-07-2018 09:26 AM
    I’ve had issues with my XS on ATT. It’s dropping calls even with WiFi calling. Kind of annoying.
    iPerry7 and ROSES5682 like this.
    10-07-2018 09:41 AM
    I’ve had issues with my XS on ATT. It’s dropping calls even with WiFi calling. Kind of annoying.
    You're a Veteran iPhone user so I know you did all the proper troubleshooting including reset network, so maybe a Genius Bar appointment is in order. They actually do a test (as you know) and maybe a new device is necessary.
    10-07-2018 09:45 AM
    So I broke down and ordered another iPhone Xs from Apple. This one came from a different factory and was built about a month after the original one I received.
    So far it has been night and day. No yellow tint on the screen, Bluetooth functions perfectly. My Fitbit and earbuds connected in a matter of seconds. WiFi and data seem on par with my Pixel 2 but the signal strength is a little weak still. The phone does function in my basement this time so that’s good.
    Really wish I knew what was going on.
    10-12-2018 06:59 AM
33 12