Heat and Battery

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
So, I’m not sure if this is because of the Xs vs. the X, iOS 12.1 beta, or an issue. But, my Xs is running noticeably hotter than my X. I’m running the latest public beta on it. Battery life seems to be suffering because of it. Has anyone experienced this on their Xs?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
So, I’m not sure if this is because of the Xs vs. the X, iOS 12.1 beta, or an issue. But, my Xs is running noticeably hotter than my X. I’m running the latest public beta on it. Battery life seems to be suffering because of it. Has anyone experienced this on their Xs?
I would try a restore.
A phone hot and shorter battery life could be related (some routine stuck on background, preventing the SoC to properly idle).

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I have not experienced this. Since this is a beta, it is expected for issues such as this to arise.

I’m aware. Haven’t seen anyone address either though so I figured I’d tackle both in one post.

I would try a restore.
A phone hot and shorter battery life could be related (some routine stuck on background, preventing the SoC to properly idle).

Updated to beta 2 this morning, if it continues, I’ll restore. Thanks.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it went away on the latest betas. Probably an issue with those. My wife’s Xs runs a little hotter than mine still so I am guessing the newest releases tweaked some stuff.