My Take on the XS. Is it worth it??

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I finally received my gold XS 64 gig model and a brown leather case from T Mobile on Friday. I preordered the device on the 17th and received it Friday the 28th, only seven days late.

I love the new darker gold color of the device and I bought a brown leather case from casemate, the first time I have bought something other then the Apple OEM leather version.

But, I will say the casemate barley there leather case is very good quality and is almost identically the Apple version except it doesn’t have the Apple logo on the back. But for 39 dollars, I think it’s a great buy for the money.

I did a restore to my new XS and had my new device up and running in about an hour or so. The first thing I noticed was how the apps opened a little quicker then on my iPhone X.

I have also noticed that the device seems to be more snappier then my X was. I know some of it may have to do with the OS12 upgrade, but after using the device steadily for the last couple of days, it is faster then my iPhone X was.

I was going to go with the XS Max, but after demoing one at the Apple store, the Max was just to big for me so I decided on the XS model.

I also noticed that there has been an improvement in my cellular signal strength and I have a couple of extra bars in the areas where I barley had a signal on my X.

Ok, is it worth upgrading from the X? In my opinion yes if you have the financial resources to do so and are also looking to get the latest device. If you are coming from a iPhone 7 or 8 series and are willing to move from the home button to the gesture concept, I say go for it.

One thing I would like to add is if your on the fence and your financial resources are just a little light, I would wait for the XR model which will be the same device with an LCD screen and have more colors to choose from.

So far after a couple of days on my new XS, I don’t regret upgrading and I am loving my new device. Just my two cents worth.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My Take on the XS is it with it??

I have the Xs and to me is it worth it? Sure if your on a yearly upgrade program or I’d say no. I’m not noticing any differences in speeds. No changes in cell or data coverage even with band 71.

My honest opinion, and I’ve had every flagship iPhone since the 3G, is this is the most minimal S model upgrade ever.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I’m coming from a 7 so for me the combo of iOS 12 and the XS is a whole new user experience. I was very, very reluctant to give up the home button and Touch ID. Now I’m spoiled by gestures and Face ID. I get annoyed when I have to use Touch ID on my iPad and kids phones. It’s fast, great sound, beautiful display, the camera rocks, the battery life is fantastic and the phone itself is just gorgeous. Nine days in and I still have that “new phone blush.” That doesn’t usually happen. After a day or two it goes back to just being my phone. Sometimes I pick the XS up just to admire it.

As for the price I’ve found if I close my eyes, cover my ears and go “la la la” it doesn’t bother me that much.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I finally received my gold XS 64 gig model and a brown leather case from T Mobile on Friday. I preordered the device on the 17th and received it Friday the 28th, only seven days late.

I love the new darker gold color of the device and I bought a brown leather case from casemate, the first time I have bought something other then the Apple OEM leather version.

But, I will say the casemate barley there leather case is very good quality and is almost identically the Apple version except it doesn’t have the Apple logo on the back. But for 39 dollars, I think it’s a great buy for the money.

I did a restore to my new XS and had my new device up and running in about an hour or so. The first thing I noticed was how the apps opened a little quicker then on my iPhone X.

I have also noticed that the device seems to be more snappier then my X was. I know some of it may have to do with the OS12 upgrade, but after using the device steadily for the last couple of days, it is faster then my iPhone X was.

I was going to go with the XS Max, but after demoing one at the Apple store, the Max was just to big for me so I decided on the XS model.

I also noticed that there has been an improvement in my cellular signal strength and I have a couple of extra bars in the areas where I barley had a signal on my X.

Ok, is it worth upgrading from the X? In my opinion yes if you have the financial resources to do so and are also looking to get the latest device. If you are coming from a iPhone 7 or 8 series and are willing to move from the home button to the gesture concept, I say go for it.

One thing I would like to add is if your on the fence and your financial resources are just a little light, I would wait for the XR model which will be the same device with an LCD screen and have more colors to choose from.

So far after a couple of days on my new XS, I don’t regret upgrading and I am loving my new device. Just my two cents worth.

I remember a month or so ago you said you were going back to the 8 because the X made your hand ache due to the larger size. Surprised to read that you were going to go with the Max after saying the 8 was a better size for you. Was it not the X causing that after all, since you purchased the XS? Thanks for the review btw.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I remember a month or so ago you said you were going back to the 8 because the X made your hand ache due to the larger size. Surprised to read that you were going to go with the Max after saying the 8 was a better size for you. Was it not the X causing that after all, since you purchased the XS? Thanks for the review btw.

I decided on the XS because I could live with the size and didn’t cause my hand to ache like the iPhone plus and Max models did. I was going to give the new XS Max a shot, but after playing with one at the Apple store, I decided the XS was what I could work with.

And after going back to my 8, after a month, I just missed using the gesture concept, it must be my old love of Blackberry OS10 that hooked me on the gesture based OS.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I decided on the XS because I could live with the size and didn’t cause my hand to ache like the iPhone plus and Max models did. I was going to give the new XS Max a shot, but after playing with one at the Apple store, I decided the XS was what I could work with.

And after going back to my 8, after a month, I just missed using the gesture concept, it must be my old love of Blackberry OS10 that hooked me on the gesture based OS.

Never was a BB user myself, but I love the gestures on the X/XS, so I can understand how you were missing them. Welcome back and enjoy your new XS!

JBloverz

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Clean review. Thank You. Can you tell me more about iPhone XS camera? Does it better than iPhone X camera? I am really curious.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Clean review. Thank You. Can you tell me more about iPhone XS camera? Does it better than iPhone X camera? I am really curious.

I will be doing some picture taking in the next week with my XS and comparing them and I will list my results.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
55AF8F87-162A-4A53-AD3C-FD4882139547.jpegHi everyone, went from an 8 Plus (now passed to my son) to an Xs 256 gb, I’m not sure if I did the right choice.
I mean, the phone is just fantastic. Fast, beautiful in gold color, with a terrific camera. Better than the 8 Plus in many ways, and handling it is very easy even with one hand.
But... there is a big BUT. Battery life simply isn’t up to the 8 Plus standard.
I used to reach end of the day with 35/40% battery available, now I can barely reach end of the day.
Maybe I should’ve opted for the Xs Max.
What do you think?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 124457Hi everyone, went from an 8 Plus (now passed to my son) to an Xs 256 gb, I’m not sure if I did the right choice.
I mean, the phone is just fantastic. Fast, beautiful in gold color, with a terrific camera. Better than the 8 Plus in many ways, and handling it is very easy even with one hand.
But... there is a big BUT. Battery life simply isn’t up to the 8 Plus standard.
I used to reach end of the day with 35/40% battery available, now I can barely reach end of the day.
Maybe I should’ve opted for the Xs Max.
What do you think?

If your used to a bigger battery, the XS Max would probably be the better option. For myself, my XS battery carry’s me through most of the day.

There are times when I am very active on social media and the forums which takes its toll on the battery, but I have a charger in the car and always one near me when I am home, so it’s not a major issue.

In the end, if you feel the XS Max would be the best device for battery life, I say go for it. I know several folks who have the XS Max and love it and haven’t heard anything bad about it so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods