I just got my XS (64GB), coming from a 6S which is quite an upgrade... and am absolutely loving it!
    I have no issues with WiFi, sharp edges on the phone-casing whatsoever.

But I do have 2 questions;

• When updating to future iOS versions, what would be the best way to go... OTA (this can now be done automatically), or via iTunes?

• I got myself an extra USB-C to Lightning cable as well as a 30W USB-C Power Adapter, so I can go for that fast charging now.
    But... how bad is it for battery life to do fast charging?
    I heard that slow charging is more healthy for overall battery life?
    09-28-2018 05:36 PM
    I just got my XS (64GB), coming from a 6S which is quite an upgrade... and am absolutely loving it!

• When updating to future iOS versions, what would be the best way to go... OTA (this can now be done automatically), or via iTunes?

• I got myself an extra USB-C to Lightning cable as well as a 30W USB-C Power Adapter, so I can go for that fast charging now.
    I always update OTA with no problem, so I wouldn’t worry about that.
    And the phone is made for fast charging so it won’t hurt the battery. A lot of the old ideas about charging your phone don’t apply anymore. Phones now are programmed to regulate charging in such a way that the battery is not harmed. Phones have come a long way in all aspects!
    kataran and Spencerdl like this.
    09-28-2018 06:18 PM
    You can also see your battery health over time in the battery option in your settings to see how the battery is being affected . All batteries deteroriate over time though, fast charging or not . The phone accommodates fast charging so it should hold up though .
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2018 01:52 AM

OTA should be ok for everything... BTW I’m using OTA only for minor updates while using iTunes for any major update (like X.1 release).

Regarding the second question I don’t agree with the advices above. Fast charging a battery could affect battery’s health over the long time, compared to slow charging.
    There is not something like “a battery made for fast charging”: it is capable, but chemicals are chemicals, and fast charging equals to wear your battery faster.
    I would use it only when needed (because you are in an hurry).
    I think that a 7.5W wireless charger or an iPad 12W chargers could be a good compromise between speed and battery health.
    10-05-2018 08:02 AM
    You can also see your battery health over time in the battery option in your settings to see how the battery is being affected . All batteries deteroriate over time though, fast charging or not . The phone accommodates fast charging so it should hold up though .

You are right: all batteries will deteriorate over time, but fast charging them will accelerate that process.
    I wouldn’t fast charge on a daily basis.
    10-05-2018 08:04 AM
    1). I aslo OTA on smaller updates but for the major updates I usually plug in.
    2). There are quite a few different views/opinions on fast charging and fast wireless charging. Through my research I found that if the device has Qi wireless tech built in, the wear on the battery is only slightly less than plugging in. If the device and the fast wireless charger both have Qi tech than battery wear is as normal as plugging in. The iPhone 8+ and above all have Qi wireless tech built in. It's the heat that wears down batteries over time not fast charging and with Qi tech controlling the heating aspect, battery wear is better and limited. Apple devices are designed to maintain 80% battery after 500 charge cycles and with Qi tech the battery goes into normal charge after 90% charged just like plugging in. If you have a iPhone 7 and below which doesn't have wireless charging built in and use the iPad charger/fast charger to charge the battery wears down quicker because of the heat that has build up over time.
    If I'm not mistaken Apple considers a "charge cycle" 20% and below battery left and with wireless charging capabilities people tend to use them more and not really go down to 20% as often, so in "theory" the 500 charging cycles would be less of a concern so batteries should last even longer ...in THEORY
    Basically all of that adds up to ...With todays battery charging technology it's ok to use fast wireless charging, but I would stick to Qi tech wireless chargers.
    10-05-2018 08:51 AM