What iPhone XS case are you rocking?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re What iPhone XS case are you rocking?

I really would like a black leather, but I’m afraid to shatter my $1000 phone on an accidental drop.

The Apple leather case is a great case. But don’t trust it with drops on a hard pavement. My 8 Plus back is cracked because of it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re What iPhone XS case are you rocking?

The Apple leather case is a great case. But don’t trust it with drops on a hard pavement. My 8 Plus back is cracked because of it.

I must have always been lucky!! I’ve never had any issues with Apple Leather cases & I use to drop my 8 & other devices all the time🤷🏾*♀️

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wait until it drops on the corner, than report back to me.

Oh it have...my corners were all beat up. I even dropped it then kicked it a couple times....just lucky I guess🤷🏾*♀️ I can’t stand bulky cases, so if I use one it’s usually an apple leather. They’ve held up pretty good over the years.

BTW...did the same with my X in the folio. I tripped over a boulder and fell extremely hard in the pavement...both my X & 8 went flying. They came out great

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
As it usually happen with my cases, I changed my mind about the cheap “Chinese” TPU and bought an Otterbox Traction. Much more costly, but definitely a superior protection.

2E7D5144-E4E5-48BB-9E22-A99AE7EBDB2D.jpg

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
How is it? I already sent back the Otterbox Traction because the back is too slick. Sometimes when walking around at work I place my phone on my laptop to walk from room to room and with that case my phone slides too much.
I can see where the issue is.
On the Traction the grip is on the bumper, but the back is all clear plastic that could be slippery on a slippery surface...

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Now using the the Spigen Rugged Crystal. Really like the the way the corners are done and how it displays the sterling silver colored sides and silver/white back. And for $13.99 on Amazon it is a solid price for protection and style in my book.
2fff40bf1f8c133a155322bc90daa8fe.jpg

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I do. I already have 2 leathers but I want that blue horizon and there is no shade of blue anywhere near that in the leather.

Understand. I am still on the fence about a leather case. Do you like silicone better?

Not sure what color to get. I have a silver iPhone Xs.

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Was afraid you would say that. What other leather cases are decent that are non Apple? Also do you really like that Otterbox you got? Thinking of picking one up but I do prefer thinner cases. Thanks.

I got the same otterbox as garz and I love it. I’m a case snob lol. I have UAG, speck, and a few others for my Xs and this otterbox is my favorite so far. My wife has the otterbox symmetry in black and believe it or not this death Vader version has a slightly different finish on the plastic back that I really like.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I got the same otterbox as garz and I love it. I’m a case snob lol. I have UAG, speck, and a few others for my Xs and this otterbox is my favorite so far. My wife has the otterbox symmetry in black and believe it or not this death Vader version has a slightly different finish on the plastic back that I really like.

Is it bulky though? How is the grip with that case?

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it bulky though? How is the grip with that case?

I don’t feel that it is bulky it may be a little bulkier than the leather case, but as far as slim cases that add protection this case is the least bulky in my collection. I think the case offers enough grip for use but won’t stick in your pocket

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I don’t feel that it is bulky it may be a little bulkier than the leather case, but as far as slim cases that add protection this case is the least bulky in my collection. I think the case offers enough grip for use but won’t stick in your pocket

That's cool and you got the Vader one you said right? How is the finish difference between yours and your wife's? Also, how are the buttons on it? Any Otterbox I had over the years the buttons were hard to press even after some time has went by.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR