When playing audio on the iPhone XS, does sound come from the earpiece or just the bottom?

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
When playing videos or music does anything come from the earpiece or just the bottom? I thought they utilized the earpiece for some sound.

Thanks

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
re: iPhone Xs Speakers

Ok then mine doesn’t work from earpiece. When I cover the bottom all sound is gone

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Is it on every video you watch? And with music? It could just be whatever you are watching it setup for mono audio. I’ll see if there’s something in the settings that could be causing it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Speakers

Ok then mine doesn’t work from earpiece. When I cover the bottom all sound is gone

I knew there was something in the settings, go to Settings>General>Accessibility and scroll down a little and you will see an option for Mono Audio, be sure that is turned off. If it is turned off and you still have mono audio, and you experience it everywhere, then I would make an appointment at your local Apple Store to have them repair or replace your phone.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

I knew there was something in the settings, go to Settings>General>Accessibility and scroll down a little and you will see an option for Mono Audio, be sure that is turned off. If it is turned off and you still have mono audio, and you experience it everywhere, then I would make an appointment at your local Apple Store to have them repair or replace your phone.

Yes mono is off. I don’t hear anything from earpiece on music or YouTube videos.
Thanks for the help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When playing videos or music does anything come from the earpiece or just the bottom? I thought they utilized the earpiece for some sound.

Thanks

You created this thread in the iPhone XS section. Is that the iPhone model on which this issue is occurring?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods