One of the issues I had with my X was the “gps drift.” There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about it on Apple’s support boards and there are threads here about it. Be it Waze, Pokémon Go, Maps, whatever, my GPS would lag when moving or drift when still. So, this was one of my biggest motivators when choosing to upgrade immediately. Sadly, it seems that the drift exists on the Xs for me as well. Has anyone else noticed this? For Pokémon Go players, you’ll see your character run back and forth despite you not moving. It’s been so bad that my character literally appears in different neighborhoods on my X.
    09-21-2018 09:17 PM
    I don’t mind GPS drift in Pokémon Go, it’s free egg/buddy distance. I haven’t seen it happen in Apple or Google Maps so I’m okay with it only being in Pokémon Go and it only happens when I’m indoors.
    09-21-2018 09:22 PM
    I don’t mind GPS drift in Pokémon Go, it’s free egg/buddy distance. I haven’t seen it happen in Apple or Google Maps so I’m okay with it only being in Pokémon Go and it only happens when I’m indoors.
    Happens to me indoors and outdoors. My bigger issue is Waze literally changing my route because it thinks I’m on an adjacent street or heading the wrong way.
    09-21-2018 09:23 PM
    Happens to me indoors and outdoors. My bigger issue is Waze literally changing my route because it thinks I’m on an adjacent street or heading the wrong way.
    Hmm, I only had that issue in the first 2-3 iOS 12 developer betas.
    09-21-2018 09:24 PM
    My gps drift wasn’t that bad, usually about ten-twenty steps one way or the other.
    09-21-2018 10:42 PM
    Hmm, I only had that issue in the first 2-3 iOS 12 developer betas.
    I’ve had it since the first day of the X. So have other people unfortunately.
    09-22-2018 01:58 AM
    Have you ever charged your iphone XS with a non Apple charger?

I lost my last iphone due to GPS problems that become in carrier signal problems.
    I can't believe that they didn't do anything!!! :O
    10-17-2018 06:58 PM
    I have had the issue a couple of times during the summer when using my iPhone X trying to find a new golf course.

Gave me the wrong turn directions a couple of times, haven’t had any of these issues after updating to 12.1, but as other folks have stated, I know other X users who have had similar issues.
    10-19-2018 05:47 PM