iPhone XS Has Less Battery mAh Than iPhone X?!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sure. I personally get a full day out of my X. As long as the device offers that, for me personally, I wouldn't be concerned. But I understand everyones uses vary. I've also got the ability to charge at my desk, in my car and at home. So honestly, battery life isn't something I'm ever too concerned with. And when I travel I have a charging case and a charging block. Never know what might happen.
What's your usage like? Do you watch alot of videos or play alot of games?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What's your usage like? Do you watch alot of videos or play alot of games?

I'm at work for most of the day so not much video or gaming. I'm streaming podcasts and music consistently for around 6 hours at work as well as during my 15 minute commute. iMessage and WhatsApp chats throughout the day as well. Light emails in the evening in addition to chats. 1-2 phone calls and 1-2 FaceTime calls throughout the day also. Occasional Youtube video as well.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the 7 plus and upgraded to the XS (not the max). I don't do a lot with my phone at work so I make it the entire day without having to recharge. Take it off the charger at 8AM and don't get home until like 10Pm and the phone still has 50-60% left of battery life. I use it mostly for music, social media browsing, checking emails, youtube videos, a few texts and calls. So it's not bad for me but I hear the Max and XR have superior battery life though.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I do not personally have an XS but I do know 3 people who purchased launch devices. All 3 said are heavy users and said they would welcome more battery. 1 came from an X, 2 came from 8 Plus. I know I would welcome more battery too.
For sure I’d like to have more battery life out of my iPhone Xs.
It’s good, but far from my previous 8 Plus.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I had the 7 plus and upgraded to the XS (not the max). I don't do a lot with my phone at work so I make it the entire day without having to recharge. Take it off the charger at 8AM and don't get home until like 10Pm and the phone still has 50-60% left of battery life. I use it mostly for music, social media browsing, checking emails, youtube videos, a few texts and calls. So it's not bad for me but I hear the Max and XR have superior battery life though.
From 8AM to 10PM browsing, listening music and watching YouTube videos ? And you still have 60% battery ?!?
Hardly believable...

I usually take it off charger at 7AM and by 10PM the phone has 20% battery left if I’m lucky.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
From 8AM to 10PM browsing, listening music and watching YouTube videos ? And you still have 60% battery ?!?
Hardly believable...

I usually take it off charger at 7AM and by 10PM the phone has 20% battery left if I’m lucky.

Like I said, I don't use the phone a lot during work, so during the few times during the day where I have some down time, I do listen to music for a bit, watch a youtube videos, web browse, or check social media. I do those activities in short bursts, 10 mins here, 20 mins there, 30 mins there etc. It's not for long stretches of time. And sometimes, I use the work Wifi which helps save the battery as well. I use the phone more when I get off work and on weekends and it still does pretty well and lasts through the day.

My old 7 Plus however would drain battery rapidly even in airplane mode and wifi. I would take it off the charger at 8AM and by noon it would be down to like 55-60 percent with little use or like I said in airplane mode on the work wifi. I took it to apple and they said the battery was still fine (above 80% charge) after two years and I couldn't find any apps with location running in the background so it was odd. But again, the XS has been doing well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2