iPhone XS Has Less Battery mAh Than iPhone X?!

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I was surprised to read this:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/9/19/17879438/iphone-xs-max-xr-battery-ram-specs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...ry-life-price-release-date-cost/#7a2bd461408b

Especially in terms of the battery. I guess in China, Apple has to declare the battery capacities. The XS is 2658 mAh while the X is 2716.

One thing Apple has to better is battery size, there has got to be away to fit bigger batteries into devices. I have an 8 Plus as my daily driver and it's great, don't get me wrong but when Samsung can fit a 3000 mAh battery into an S9, no reason why Apple can't do more than what they do.

Last edited:

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone XS Has Less Ram/battery Than iPhone X?!

It has a smaller but more efficient battery thanks to iOS 12 so you actually gain 30 minutes and it has 4gb ram vs 3gb ram

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site

It has more RAM

Yes, not sure why I added RAM. I read the article wrong and am updating the title to remove that. Cheers.

Disappointing on the smaller mAh. While I understand how efficient iOS is, there is no reason why they cannot fit more mAh into these phones to provide more SOT between charges.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm a little disappointed in the smaller battery but as long as it get's me through the day I guess it's okay. But in all honesty 30 minutes more use time really isn't anything to brag about.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I kinda hope iPhone X gets more battery optimizations too since it has the slightly bigger battery. To me it really doesn't make sense to have the bigger battery and still lose to the phone with smaller ones. It isn't hard too because they own the iOS platform .

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

It has a smaller but more efficient battery thanks to iOS 12 so you actually gain 30 minutes and it has 4gb ram vs 3gb ram

I don’t get that... surely the X’s performance will have upgraded with iOS 12 also, (not the memory obviously) so the smaller battery will lose in the performance stakes ?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Smaller MAH but much better design. The XS features a single cell battery vs a double cell in the X, which allows for a more efficient battery. What people are also forgetting is the processor goes from a 10nm to a 7nm, which also makes it more efficient, resulting in better battery. On top of that, the software optimizations in iOS 12 should result in better results.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how much mah matters. iOS 12 in addition to the A12 processor improvements are said to make the device handle the battery more efficiently. So although the mah is lower, you won't notice it at all.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure how much mah matters. iOS 12 in addition to the A12 processor improvements are said to make the device handle the battery more efficiently. So although the mah is lower, you won't notice it at all.

Right, but more mAh would simply give users more screen on time between charges. Something, I am sure everyone using an XS would welcome.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like the bigger is better debate 2.0

If Apple can optimize there software to the point where it will run all day on a button battery I’ll be all for it. That way they can throw in the Microwave I’ve been wanting so I can heat up my Burrito while I’m surfing social media

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Just curious. When I pull your name it doesn't give me your device info.

Yeah, use Tapatalk and signed up for several forums that I wanted to follow and be a part of. I never went in and added my device info because I use so much different tech.

Phones: 8 Plus & Note 8 (8 Plus being the daily driver)
Tablet: iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd Gen), Tab S3
PC: MacBook Pro and Surface Pro

Big time tech geek here lol.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
This sounds like the bigger is better debate 2.0

If Apple can optimize there software to the point where it will run all day on a button battery I’ll be all for it. That way they can throw in the Microwave I’ve been wanting so I can heat up my Burrito while I’m surfing social media

I do not personally have an XS but I do know 3 people who purchased launch devices. All 3 said are heavy users and said they would welcome more battery. 1 came from an X, 2 came from 8 Plus. I know I would welcome more battery too.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Right, but more mAh would simply give users more screen on time between charges. Something, I am sure everyone using an XS would welcome.

Sure. I personally get a full day out of my X. As long as the device offers that, for me personally, I wouldn't be concerned. But I understand everyones uses vary. I've also got the ability to charge at my desk, in my car and at home. So honestly, battery life isn't something I'm ever too concerned with. And when I travel I have a charging case and a charging block. Never know what might happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal