Iphone 6s owner... Worth upgrading to xs?

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
As the title suggests, I have been a proud and happy owner of the 6s for 3 years now... Primarily because I couldn't find a good enough reason till now to upgrade. But it's been 3 years now and I desire (not need) for a change. Is the Xs worth the upgrade or should I somehow drag another year and wait for the XI or whatever the next iphone would be called.

Basic requirement is better battery life and an almost one handed experience I am so used to with the 6s. Performance is a non issue as the 6s still serves well on that front. (Thank you iOS 12)

Please note I am not interested in iphone 7/8/plus. So I either go with Xs or dnt upgrade at all.

Suggestions?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I personally think it’ll be worth it to upgrade from the 6s to the XS. It’ll be a huge jump and I believe the features you’re getting are quite awesome. The edge-to-edge OLED display, premium design, better battery life, and so much more!

The 6s should also last another year just fine. It really is up to you whether you want to upgrade now or a year from now. You can’t really go wrong with either choices.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My way of looking at it with me still using my 6 plus. Is if you didn’t feel like the X was worth it last year the XS isn’t much different and still cost the same so it’s not really a better “deal” if it were me I would let Apple change the battery out and keep rocking it, but I’m also probably on my last iPhone due to cost anyway so I may not be the best reaction anyway.

notorious1538

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Had a 6s+ and my wife has a 6s. It’s totally worth it. The camera alone is worth the price of admission. You do you though and don’t go outside your means to get it. It is just a phone, after all. Currently writing this on my 256gb space gray Xs and loving every minute of it. The screen is ridiculous and it is by far the nicest phone I’ve ever held.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Totally worth it. It's not like upgrading from last year's model. My wife still has a 6s and I have an X. My X feels light years ahead of her 6s.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Considering all you fantastic people's suggestions and mostly positive reviews online, Prebooking one tomorrow. India launch on the 28th. Phew..! Can't wait! I hope the battery lasts well though. I hate mine on the 6s!

drumzalicious

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I think so. Sadly apple took their time adoption OLED and it is such a game changer display wise. I had my XS for a day and went to pick up my old 8 and it just felt so dated in every way.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Ended up purchasing Xs max 256gb... Oh man! What a phone!

Just love the display and the speed and the camera and face ID and the new gestures and the........ It goes on...
The only gripe I would say is the hand gymnastics required (I know, reachability). But apart from that.. Damn have I made a great decision!
Thank you all for your replies. Helped me take the plunge.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ended up purchasing Xs max 256gb... Oh man! What a phone!

Just love the display and the speed and the camera and face ID and the new gestures and the........ It goes on...
The only gripe I would say is the hand gymnastics required (I know, reachability). But apart from that.. Damn have I made a great decision!
Thank you all for your replies. Helped me take the plunge.

Congratulations!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I loved my 6s and now love my 8 Plus. I realize that you have no interest in the 8 Plus, but I do think that it would be worth upgrading to the Xs (or any of the other new models). My reason is that your phone is old... and its performance will start to wane if it hasn't already. I think you will be so amazed at the improvements you'll discover.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I loved my 6s and now love my 8 Plus. I realize that you have no interest in the 8 Plus, but I do think that it would be worth upgrading to the Xs (or any of the other new models). My reason is that your phone is old... and its performance will start to wane if it hasn't already. I think you will be so amazed at the improvements you'll discover.

Yes, the OP decided to go with the Xs Max (posted in thread) and he loves it. ConGrats Rev17...ENJOY

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

Hi, yes.. I did finally end up buying the Xs max! Its not that I dont like the 8 plus, it's a fantastic phone. It's just that since I have held of the purchase for so long, might as well go for something that will last both spec wise AND design wise, (Xs being the fresher design) for the next 3-4 years.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the OP decided to go with the Xs Max (posted in thread) and he loves it. ConGrats Rev17...ENJOY

Haha yess I do love it.. Its everything one can wish from a phone. The only issue is the size/ impossible one handed use.
But then I CHOSE to buy the max over the regular version so I can't complain. I hope I'll get used to it soon enough. Other than that... This phone is a dream to use!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh