The screen size of the X is still smaller than the that of the Plus. It’s narrower.

I much prefer the Plus and if I was ordering I’d get the Max because it’s pretty much the footprint of the Plus only edge-to-edge in screen. That’s just me though.
    Overall the X and Xs screen is bigger than the plus.
    10-12-2018 02:06 PM
    Overall the X and Xs screen is bigger than the plus.
    In height. You get more content on screen with the Plus.
    10-12-2018 02:35 PM
    In height. You get more content on screen with the Plus.
    Doesn’t matter where it’s at. Overall the screen is bigger on the X.
    10-12-2018 02:38 PM
    Doesn’t matter where it’s at.
    Your vision is different than mine. Keep it at that.
    10-12-2018 02:39 PM
    Your vision is different than mine. Keep it at that.
    It’s called a ruler.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    10-12-2018 02:40 PM
    Doesn’t matter where it’s at. Overall the screen is bigger on the X.
    Actually, in terms of screen area, the Plus screens are slightly larger than the X (the Plus screen is 69 x 122mm; and the X is 62 x 135mm) -- particularly after you take out the space covered by the notch. It isn't a huge difference; though the X having the 19.5:9 ratio makes the X seem much smaller when watching video.
    10-18-2018 02:40 PM
    Actually, in terms of screen area, the Plus screens are slightly larger than the X (the Plus screen is 69 x 122mm; and the X is 62 x 135mm) -- particularly after you take out the space covered by the notch. It isn't a huge difference; though the X having the 19.5:9 ratio makes the X seem much smaller when watching video.
    The iPhone X actually features Apple's biggest phone display until the Max came out, measuring 5.8 inches on the diagonal, which is even bigger than the display on Apple's largest iPhone, the iPhone 8 Plus, which measures 5.5 inches. I guess Apple needs to stop advertising this if it’s not correct.
    10-18-2018 02:44 PM
    The iPhone X actually features Apple's biggest phone display until the Max came out, measuring 5.8 inches on the diagonal, which is even bigger than the display on Apple's largest iPhone, the iPhone 8 Plus, which measures 5.5 inches. I guess Apple needs to stop advertising this if it’s not correct.
    It's playing with words, in many ways. Yes, the X has the largest diagonal measurement (as well as being the tallest) -- which allows them to say it is the "largest screen ever," particularly since the diagonal measure is what is typically used to state phone's "screen size." The issue is, because of the difference in screen ratio (19.5:9 on the X/XS vs the 16:9) using the diagonal measurement does not give an accurate representation of the actual size of the screen. Again, going by screen area, the X screen is slightly smaller than the Plus phones.

You could say it is a "dirty little secret" of the phone industry as most other manufacturers are doing the same thing a 19:9 aspect ratio, without noting that the screens physically aren't really any larger, just taller, than their older phones with a 16:9 (or similar) ratio.
    10-18-2018 03:00 PM
    I have found the max to be a great size for my eyes but to hold it’s a little big.
    10-18-2018 06:58 PM
34 12