GOLD!!!!!!!! - Is anyone getting the gold iPhone XS Max?

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I always told myself go big or go home! Last year only having one size to choose from made everyone's decision easy. Now I feel like I got to have the biggest and best. I always thought the plus models were so cumbersome but like you I refused to use a 4.7" screen.

If you felt that the plus was cumbersome, you will eventually feel the same about the max. The Xs has all the features that the max has. Just smaller form factor. The 7 plus had exclusive features over 7.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
If you felt that the plus was cumbersome, you will eventually feel the same about the max. The Xs has all the features that the max has. Just smaller form factor. The 7 plus had exclusive features over 7.

Yes that's another good point. That is why they stopped with the "plus" line because it's the same exact phone now just two different sizes.

I just started trying to get myself to use the reachability feature and it definitely helps. I do love the size of the X, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on the latest and greatest.

So you felt the need to upgrade from the X to XS? Worth the money to you?

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
GOLD!!!!!!!!

Yes that's another good point. That is why they stopped with the "plus" line because it's the same exact phone now just two different sizes.

I just started trying to get myself to use the reachability feature and it definitely helps. I do love the size of the X, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on the latest and greatest.

So you felt the need to upgrade from the X to XS? Worth the money to you?

Oh yeah. This thing is so fast. The colors on display are way better than x. They just pop. Speakers are great! Camera is also a big jump in my opinion. Happy I upgraded.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah. This thing is so fast. The colors on display are way better than x. They just pop. Speakers are great! Camera is also a big jump in my opinion. Happy I upgraded.

The speakers are super impressive from what I heard when using the max. Camera has improved very nicely too.

Wow so you see a difference in the display? I did hear they are also using LG displays now too. What storage did you go with?

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The speakers are super impressive from what I heard when using the max. Camera has improved very nicely too.

Wow so you see a difference in the display? I did hear they are also using LG displays now too. What storage did you go with?

The screen to me is definitely better. I went with 256. Space gray

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you on all levels, the screen is much narrower. When watching videos it's like watching them on a 4.7" iPhone 8! That kind of bothers me but the form factor of the phone is so nice. I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.

I’m going to let the form factor win out this year - I do have an iPad for videos and such - and see what happens next year. This thing is so pretty!! And pocketable!
Hope you come to the right decision for you - at these prices you want to be satisfied with your purchase!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I’m going to let the form factor win out this year - I do have an iPad for videos and such - and see what happens next year. This thing is so pretty!! And pocketable!
Hope you come to the right decision for you - at these prices you want to be satisfied with your purchase!

I agree 100% and it is crazy bc at this price point so many people are going with the bigger size because hey what's another $100?! It is the nicest iPhone to date, I'm so happy they finally got it all right.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a gold myself. So far so good. Love the size. I had the XR until today when my wife decided she wanted it and took possession of it lol. Went to get the blue one for myself since I chickened out the first time and decided last second to get the gold XS. I’ve never gotten gold before so this is new.

The XR was great. Hope the XS goes just as smooth. Had the max but it was to big. Trying to downsize.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up a gold myself. So far so good. Love the size. I had the XR until today when my wife decided she wanted it and took possession of it lol. Went to get the blue one for myself since I chickened out the first time and decided last second to get the gold XS. I’ve never gotten gold before so this is new.

The XR was great. Hope the XS goes just as smooth. Had the max but it was to big. Trying to downsize.

I was debated between XS and Max, coming from an 8 Plus. I opted for the XS (Gold) but I don’t know if I did the right thing. I’m missing the big screen and definitely missing the battery life.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was debated between XS and Max, coming from an 8 Plus. I opted for the XS (Gold) but I don’t know if I did the right thing. I’m missing the big screen and definitely missing the battery life.

I went from a 7 Plus to an X and never got used to its screen size. I opted for an XS Max and super happy with my decision.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Omg! What made you not go for the XR again? I got mine yesterday and really love the size of this thing! XS is the perfect size but I always felt a little crammed with the keyboard.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Omg! What made you not go for the XR again? I got mine yesterday and really love the size of this thing! XS is the perfect size but I always felt a little crammed with the keyboard.

Well the blue I had was only in stock in 64gb and I needed 128gb. So instead of getting the same color XR again I opted for something different. Keyboard definitely is smaller. But it’s easier to reach one handed and it fits nicer in my pocket. But man battery life sure is better on the XR.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Well the blue I had was only in stock in 64gb and I needed 128gb. So instead of getting the same color XR again I opted for something different. Keyboard definitely is smaller. But it’s easier to reach one handed and it fits nicer in my pocket. But man battery life sure is better on the XR.

It is easier, I'm enjoying the XR so far. Upset ya left me hahaha.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods