GOLD!!!!!!!! - Is anyone getting the gold iPhone XS Max?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I preordered the gold XS. Typically i only ever purchased black or space grey iPhones. Definitely wanted to switch it up this time. Definitely a leather case to go with, thinking cosmo or midnight blue or black. Will get a liquid clear case till i decide though.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I went with the gold Xs 256. I think the color looked great in the videos from reviewers who attended the event. I also ordered a clear Ultra Hybrid case from Spigen and a Peony Pink leather from Apple. I’m going to try to keep my case addiction in check this time and stick with just these 2 cases. I love my current Apple leather case for the 8Plus - it’s the first Apple leather I’ve had and I’m sold on them now. But I wanted a clear case too to show off that lovely color.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I went with the gold Xs 256. I think the color looked great in the videos from reviewers who attended the event. I also ordered a clear Ultra Hybrid case from Spigen and a Peony Pink leather from Apple. I’m going to try to keep my case addiction in check this time and stick with just these 2 cases. I love my current Apple leather case for the 8Plus - it’s the first Apple leather I’ve had and I’m sold on them now. But I wanted a clear case too to show off that lovely color.

Yup same here. I have the saddle brown leather case for my 8+ and love it. I actually like the taupe color leather case too..may get that for the gold model.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well I just preordered a Gold XS 64 with a brown OEM leather case, should be here on Friday the 21st. Couldn’t resist, the temptation was too great.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was initially looking at the Max, but after using the demo in the store 6.5" is a little too much, and that's coming from a Plus. I'm going to go with the gold XS to go with my gold Apple Watch. :)

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I like the gold on this model compared to previous model. I would probably get this color if I decide to upgrade but it’s not happening this year for me.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, it’s spectacular! Not hyperbole in my opinion. Just love it.

How do you like the size and form factor coming from the plus model? I have the X and got the XS Max but it's just too big for me. I had a 7 plus two years ago and I love the size of the X.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the size and form factor coming from the plus model? I have the X and got the XS Max but it's just too big for me. I had a 7 plus two years ago and I love the size of the X.

I have had some adjustments to do in my brain. Lol! It feels so small and part of me loves that and another part misses the bigger phone. The screen does not feel as big, even though it’s technically larger. That doesn’t translate in actual use, the screen is just taller but there’s less “real estate,” which is especially noticeable in videos.

I want to give it time though and I don’t plan to swap it. I think the likes outweigh the dislikes for me and there are definite advantages to a smaller form!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have had some adjustments to do in my brain. Lol! It feels so small and part of me loves that and another part misses the bigger phone. The screen does not feel as big, even though it’s technically larger. That doesn’t translate in actual use, the screen is just taller but there’s less “real estate,” which is especially noticeable in videos.

I want to give it time though and I don’t plan to swap it. I think the likes outweigh the dislikes for me and there are definite advantages to a smaller form!

I agree with you on all levels, the screen is much narrower. When watching videos it's like watching them on a 4.7" iPhone 8! That kind of bothers me but the form factor of the phone is so nice. I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I tired out the max and returned it the same day for a Xs. Way happier. The max was just too big for daily use. I’m used to the x size now.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes coming from x. 7 plus before that. Loved viewing things on plus/max but prefer the X for everyday use. Just all around better size for me.

I'm leaning towards that way too but feel as if I'm not giving it a fair enough shot. I have 14 days to return

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning towards that way too but feel as if I'm not giving it a fair enough shot. I have 14 days to return

I completely understand. I did the Same between the 7 and 7 plus. Ultimately the trade off was worth it because 4.7 was too small. But the x has changed that for me. Even though I miss the bigger screen at times, the difference isn’t enough to carry the extra weight. Good luck in your decision

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand. I did the Same between the 7 and 7 plus. Ultimately the trade off was worth it because 4.7 was too small. But the x has changed that for me. Even though I miss the bigger screen at times, the difference isn’t enough to carry the extra weight. Good luck in your decision

I always told myself go big or go home! Last year only having one size to choose from made everyone's decision easy. Now I feel like I got to have the biggest and best. I always thought the plus models were so cumbersome but like you I refused to use a 4.7" screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods