I was initially looking at the Max, but after using the demo in the store 6.5" is a little too much, and that's coming from a Plus. I'm going to go with the gold XS to go with my gold Apple Watch.
    09-22-2018 09:39 PM
    Well I just preordered a Gold XS 64 with a brown OEM leather case, should be here on Friday the 21st. Couldn’t resist, the temptation was too great.
    Coming from a man who said he wasn’t upgrading
    09-22-2018 09:58 PM
    I like the gold on this model compared to previous model. I would probably get this color if I decide to upgrade but it’s not happening this year for me.
    09-23-2018 06:56 AM
    My "bling" days are far behind me. I got the Space Gray and loving my MAX
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    09-23-2018 07:10 AM
    This is the first time they have offered a Gold color that I actually liked enough to purchase.
    Agreed, it’s spectacular! Not hyperbole in my opinion. Just love it.
    09-23-2018 07:57 AM
    Agreed, it’s spectacular! Not hyperbole in my opinion. Just love it.
    How do you like the size and form factor coming from the plus model? I have the X and got the XS Max but it's just too big for me. I had a 7 plus two years ago and I love the size of the X.
    09-23-2018 10:53 AM
    How do you like the size and form factor coming from the plus model? I have the X and got the XS Max but it's just too big for me. I had a 7 plus two years ago and I love the size of the X.
    I have had some adjustments to do in my brain. Lol! It feels so small and part of me loves that and another part misses the bigger phone. The screen does not feel as big, even though it’s technically larger. That doesn’t translate in actual use, the screen is just taller but there’s less “real estate,” which is especially noticeable in videos.

I want to give it time though and I don’t plan to swap it. I think the likes outweigh the dislikes for me and there are definite advantages to a smaller form!
    09-23-2018 11:37 AM
    I have had some adjustments to do in my brain. Lol! It feels so small and part of me loves that and another part misses the bigger phone. The screen does not feel as big, even though it’s technically larger. That doesn’t translate in actual use, the screen is just taller but there’s less “real estate,” which is especially noticeable in videos.

I want to give it time though and I don’t plan to swap it. I think the likes outweigh the dislikes for me and there are definite advantages to a smaller form!
    I agree with you on all levels, the screen is much narrower. When watching videos it's like watching them on a 4.7" iPhone 8! That kind of bothers me but the form factor of the phone is so nice. I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-23-2018 11:40 AM
    I tired out the max and returned it the same day for a Xs. Way happier. The max was just too big for daily use. I’m used to the x size now.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-23-2018 11:49 AM
    Well I just preordered a Gold XS 64 with a brown OEM leather case, should be here on Friday the 21st. Couldn’t resist, the temptation was too great.
    Wait, I thought your were all in on your 8 and not ordering?
    09-23-2018 11:58 AM
    I tired out the max and returned it the same day for a Xs. Way happier. The max was just too big for daily use. I’m used to the x size now.
    You had the X originally I am assuming? Did you ever use the plus models before??
    09-23-2018 12:09 PM
    You had the X originally I am assuming? Did you ever use the plus models before??
    Yes coming from x. 7 plus before that. Loved viewing things on plus/max but prefer the X for everyday use. Just all around better size for me.
    09-23-2018 12:15 PM
    Yes coming from x. 7 plus before that. Loved viewing things on plus/max but prefer the X for everyday use. Just all around better size for me.
    I'm leaning towards that way too but feel as if I'm not giving it a fair enough shot. I have 14 days to return
    09-23-2018 12:19 PM
    I'm leaning towards that way too but feel as if I'm not giving it a fair enough shot. I have 14 days to return
    I completely understand. I did the Same between the 7 and 7 plus. Ultimately the trade off was worth it because 4.7 was too small. But the x has changed that for me. Even though I miss the bigger screen at times, the difference isn’t enough to carry the extra weight. Good luck in your decision
    09-23-2018 12:21 PM
    I completely understand. I did the Same between the 7 and 7 plus. Ultimately the trade off was worth it because 4.7 was too small. But the x has changed that for me. Even though I miss the bigger screen at times, the difference isn’t enough to carry the extra weight. Good luck in your decision
    I always told myself go big or go home! Last year only having one size to choose from made everyone's decision easy. Now I feel like I got to have the biggest and best. I always thought the plus models were so cumbersome but like you I refused to use a 4.7" screen.
    09-23-2018 12:25 PM
    I always told myself go big or go home! Last year only having one size to choose from made everyone's decision easy. Now I feel like I got to have the biggest and best. I always thought the plus models were so cumbersome but like you I refused to use a 4.7" screen.
    If you felt that the plus was cumbersome, you will eventually feel the same about the max. The Xs has all the features that the max has. Just smaller form factor. The 7 plus had exclusive features over 7.
    09-23-2018 12:29 PM
    If you felt that the plus was cumbersome, you will eventually feel the same about the max. The Xs has all the features that the max has. Just smaller form factor. The 7 plus had exclusive features over 7.
    Yes that's another good point. That is why they stopped with the "plus" line because it's the same exact phone now just two different sizes.

I just started trying to get myself to use the reachability feature and it definitely helps. I do love the size of the X, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on the latest and greatest.

So you felt the need to upgrade from the X to XS? Worth the money to you?
    09-23-2018 12:35 PM
    Yes that's another good point. That is why they stopped with the "plus" line because it's the same exact phone now just two different sizes.

I just started trying to get myself to use the reachability feature and it definitely helps. I do love the size of the X, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on the latest and greatest.

So you felt the need to upgrade from the X to XS? Worth the money to you?
    Oh yeah. This thing is so fast. The colors on display are way better than x. They just pop. Speakers are great! Camera is also a big jump in my opinion. Happy I upgraded.
    09-23-2018 12:40 PM
    Oh yeah. This thing is so fast. The colors on display are way better than x. They just pop. Speakers are great! Camera is also a big jump in my opinion. Happy I upgraded.
    The speakers are super impressive from what I heard when using the max. Camera has improved very nicely too.

Wow so you see a difference in the display? I did hear they are also using LG displays now too. What storage did you go with?
    09-23-2018 12:42 PM
    The speakers are super impressive from what I heard when using the max. Camera has improved very nicely too.

Wow so you see a difference in the display? I did hear they are also using LG displays now too. What storage did you go with?
    The screen to me is definitely better. I went with 256. Space gray
    09-23-2018 12:45 PM
    The screen to me is definitely better. I went with 256. Space gray
    Awesome! Enjoy it
    motor96 likes this.
    09-23-2018 12:49 PM
    I agree with you on all levels, the screen is much narrower. When watching videos it's like watching them on a 4.7" iPhone 8! That kind of bothers me but the form factor of the phone is so nice. I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.
    I’m going to let the form factor win out this year - I do have an iPad for videos and such - and see what happens next year. This thing is so pretty!! And pocketable!
    Hope you come to the right decision for you - at these prices you want to be satisfied with your purchase!
    09-23-2018 12:51 PM
    I’m going to let the form factor win out this year - I do have an iPad for videos and such - and see what happens next year. This thing is so pretty!! And pocketable!
    Hope you come to the right decision for you - at these prices you want to be satisfied with your purchase!
    I agree 100% and it is crazy bc at this price point so many people are going with the bigger size because hey what's another $100?! It is the nicest iPhone to date, I'm so happy they finally got it all right.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-23-2018 12:56 PM
    It's definitely perfect if you're a Steeler's fan!
    Which I am
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-23-2018 08:22 PM
49 12