I am looking for a way to download songs to the actual phone itself without using iTunes. I have searched the web, but haven't been able to find anything useful. Tons of tips for using iTunes to do it, but I want to bypass that and actually have the songs on the phone that I can listen to anytime without using up my data.

Is there a way to do this?
    11-15-2019 10:30 AM
    According to wikihow, this can be done using cloud storage solution such as dropbox and google drive. And YES you can store the files locally....

https://www.wikihow.com/Put-Music-on...Without-iTunes
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    11-15-2019 10:45 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I just installed the Evermusic app and am trying that out. Seems pretty decent so far, but my main problem is still trying to figure out how to download songs onto the phone itself. The app synced with Google Drive and Dropbox, but I'm unsure if that will still use data or not.
    11-15-2019 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I just installed the Evermusic app and am trying that out. Seems pretty decent so far, but my main problem is still trying to figure out how to download songs onto the phone itself. The app synced with Google Drive and Dropbox, but I'm unsure if that will still use data or not.
    The only way to install music to the music app is to use Apple Music, or purchase from the iTunes Store, or use a desktop PC with iTunes or a Mac.

You can always just use an app that has its’ own in app storage. I use VLC to play local music and connect to my NAS drive on my home network, but that is separate from iTunes.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 11-15-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    Tartarus and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-15-2019 08:07 PM
    I find songs I like and use an online YouTube converter to convert them into MP3s, then I save those into my Dropbox. In the Evermusic app you can download songs from Dropbox onto the phone itself for offline listening.
    11-16-2019 08:29 AM
    I find songs I like and use an online YouTube converter to convert them into MP3s, then I save those into my Dropbox. In the Evermusic app you can download songs from Dropbox onto the phone itself for offline listening.
    That seems like a lot of work, when Google makes the YouTube Music app, which lets you download to in app storage.
    11-16-2019 08:39 AM
    Are you talking about YouTube Red? I think you can only download using that app if you pay for it.
    11-16-2019 08:41 AM
    Are you talking about YouTube Red? I think you can only download using that app if you pay for it.
    I don’t know. It is called YouTube Music in the App Store. Seems legit.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/youtub...c/id1017492454
    11-16-2019 03:11 PM